Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Still, no experience received at the end of each stage? and I've just participated and got an ungodly insult of 80 experience.
    Should get more than that. I was getting 100k or more per stage before now getting 30 to 40k but if I go off and kill mobs can still get a lot if I don't get a mob tagger following me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Not really the xp per stage completed has been nerfed big time. What gives good xp is killing the mobs in the invasion. The elites but not named elites can give more than 20k xp each. The problem is they are shared tagged mobs. So any one that tags it splits the xp. Even one person cuts it in half. And add on top of it every one that tags a mob give it more health you get less xp for more work if the other player(s) tagging just put one shot in.
    Did they nerf it again today? Yesterday it still got me a reasonable amount of xp for AFKing.

I currently study a lot...
    In the time one invasion finishes i solve 1 "problem"/"task"; after this i move onto another invasion/problem/task...

It's just perfect and gets me about 2 lvls a day on a lvl 80-ish character.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Did they nerf it again today? Yesterday it still got me a reasonable amount of xp for AFKing.

I currently study a lot...
    In the time one invasion finishes i solve 1 "problem"/"task"; after this i move onto another invasion/problem/task...

It's just perfect and gets me about 2 lvls a day on a lvl 80-ish character.
    I hope not but I also don't mind an afker getting little xp. If you don't have time or don't want to don't play the game

And that is the problem with shared xp from these mobs. If one got xp from the mobs based on the damage they did to the mob it be fine. Say it gives 10k and I do 90% of the damage give me 9k and the other person 1k. Otherwise how it is now is all they are doing is making it harder on the person doing the main damage as the mobs get more life per each person attacking it. So I do more work for less xp great.
    Two things, though.

Healers/tanks would be just as screwed as now, since they're focused on healing/taking damage.

And the amount of damage done would be different based on the level of the characters. E.g., a high-level might see that mob as having 300k health, while you see it as having 20k health, so even if you do 90% of the damage (18k damage), their 10% damage (30k damage) would result in them getting (30 divided by 18+30) 62.5% of the XP. If the formula was written based on damage dealt.

There seems to have been some hotfix that now is giving a "group bonus," in the one time I "assisted" (as an experiment). I ended up getting a hefty XP from getting one shot (applying blood plague, IIRC) in on an elite mob. Something like 8k, when it'd normally be 200-400.

Im not sure whats going on here but i leveled from 98 to 99 in about 2 invasions last night and i thought that was pretty good I also noticed that I got the most XP when a stage was finished.
    I did notice that there was a group bonus in XP when a mob died but there was also a raid penatly to XP. But either way I got about 15% of the bar per stage.
    "Sooner than what we've commonly used Soon™ to refer to."

Even one person cuts it in half.
    'Even one person' cuts it 80% if that person is a much different level to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Two things, though.

Healers/tanks would be just as screwed as now, since they're focused on healing/taking damage.

And the amount of damage done would be different based on the level of the characters. E.g., a high-level might see that mob as having 300k health, while you see it as having 20k health, so even if you do 90% of the damage (18k damage), their 10% damage (30k damage) would result in them getting (30 divided by 18+30) 62.5% of the XP. If the formula was written based on damage dealt.

There seems to have been some hotfix that now is giving a "group bonus," in the one time I "assisted" (as an experiment). I ended up getting a hefty XP from getting one shot (applying blood plague, IIRC) in on an elite mob. Something like 8k, when it'd normally be 200-400.
    check out recount though it adjusts the dps for the players level. I was doing it on level 40 with a level 90. on my recount we were doing around 800 to 900 dps and on hers I was actually beating her and doing 30k to her 27k. so it can adjust it if recount can do it.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...=183#post-3641

Looks like they're going to be implementing a hotfix for multiple people tapping a mob. I believe bosses and elites should fall under the second thing being changed, so I assume non-elites will still suffer from horrible XP when tapped by multiple people. Hopefully it means we'll be getting 100% XP on elites/bosses, and not a portion of XP based on performance (which is what lore was claiming), because while it would be better than it is now, it would still force people to go solo.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...=183#post-3641

Looks like they're going to be implementing a hotfix for multiple people tapping a mob. I believe bosses and elites should fall under the second thing being changed, so I assume non-elites will still suffer from horrible XP when tapped by multiple people. Hopefully it means we'll be getting 100% XP on elites/bosses, and not a portion of XP based on performance (which is what lore was claiming), because while it would be better than it is now, it would still force people to go solo.
    better then nothing.

I can't understand all this whining. I just leveled my Paladin to level 100, using the Fel Buff, Holy Smite Buff and the Plant Buff (25% Haste or Crit). Averaged out at 2m exp/h. It was by FAR the fasted way to level. Just stick to single map, learn all good spawns and locations and repeat Stage 3 over and over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    I can't understand all this whining. I just leveled my Paladin to level 100, using the Fel Buff, Holy Smite Buff and the Plant Buff (25% Haste or Crit). Averaged out at 2m exp/h. It was by FAR the fasted way to level. Just stick to single map, learn all good spawns and locations and repeat Stage 3 over and over and over.
    Ide guess the whining is coming from the people playing it properly and not doing something that borders on exploiting the system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    I really dont get it either, but I do know that what you are doing isnt really honest either...

I really love the invasions, and the XP prior to the hotfix was totally insane.. you should not get a whole lvl from doing 4 stages.. besides killing mobs to defend Azeroth should be more rewarding than afking..

Quote Originally Posted by piertje View Post
    I really dont get it either, but I do know that what you are doing isnt really honest either...

I really love the invasions, and the XP prior to the hotfix was totally insane.. you should not get a whole lvl from doing 4 stages.. besides killing mobs to defend Azeroth should be more rewarding than afking..
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Ide guess the whining is coming from the people playing it properly and not doing something that borders on exploiting the system.
    How the fuck is it that what I'm doing not legit? I'm literally just using the buffs given to us to speed up the process by a lot O.o

There is also nothing wrong with using LFG tools to repeat Stage 3.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    'Even one person' cuts it 80% if that person is a much different level to you.
    Its much improved with the latest hotfix

Deleted
    I just wish they'd pick some zone other than Tanaris. It's slightly unfair for alliance that horde gets 4 invasion sites close to them while alliance only gets two.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    I just wish they'd pick some zone other than Tanaris. It's slightly unfair for alliance that horde gets 4 invasion sites close to them while alliance only gets two.
    Uh, what?

Dalaran > Caverns of Time portal in Violet Citadel > Grats, you're in Tanaris.
    Stormwind > Portal to Hyjal > Grats, you're right next to Azshara.
    Shrine > Portal to Ratchet (on the balcony, the engineering device) > Grats, you're in Barrens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Uh, what?

Dalaran > Caverns of Time portal in Violet Citadel > Grats, you're in Tanaris.
    Stormwind > Portal to Hyjal > Grats, you're right next to Azshara.
    Shrine > Portal to Ratchet (on the balcony, the engineering device) > Grats, you're in Barrens.
    .... and on a character that is... lets say starting at lvl10. How does that work?

Also horde has 3 gank free invasion sites, alliance only has two. Right now you don't even get xp from mobs that you were attacking if you die in the middle of the process, which is just plain wrong.

Seems they once again have buffed the xp from these invasions. Seems if you tag mobs your xp doesn't or hardly gets split so if one is active and tagging a lot you can get crazy xp. Doing 2 sets of 3 I went from 75 to 89 last night. Yay blizz for making people want to play with others in a mmo. But one draw back I found low levels can no longer get the buffs on the docks. They aren't there anymore. So to get max xp do it with friends and guildies and join others at the invasion which is what should happen in a mmo. Good decision blizz.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We don't have 3 gank free invasion sites lol. Hillsbrad is a 20-30 zone, putting it outside of the leveling zones.

Azshara and Northern Barrens are friendly for Horde. Westfall and Dun Murogh are friendly for Alliance. Hillsbrad and Tanaris are both contested zones.

If you have a character starting at level 10 just have a friend port you to shrine and setup your hearthstone there. Congratulations, you now have easy access to Tanaris and multiple other ones for that matter.

You still get XP from the phases ending if you're dead. They would have to change how the game works to give you XP from mobs while dead, it's literally never worked that way and I don't see why it should. If you're dying you're pulling too much or standing in things that you shouldn't be standing in. I had no problem on my level 28 warlock being present for all the bosses and 'trying' to contribute, I just avoided all the bad mechanics.

In the event you die a couple times and have a large timer, just stop releasing and wait until the boss is close to death before you accept a rez, that's what I would do.

Even if you play it properly and not cheese group finders to do P3 over and over, you can get a substantial amount of levels normally participating in each of the three zones every hour. The fastest way to level from a time stand point, and I'm glad it's rewarding because events like this should feel special.

We went from get 75% of a level for each invasion for AFKing the first week. The start of the second week we got 15% of a level for AFKing. Shortly after the buffed completion XP to about 25-30% for all stages complete, and then buffed the mob XP to a huge level. The mob XP was an amazing change because it actually motivated people to help, but unfortunately multiple tags would diminish the XP to the point that people would hide and try to solo mobs if they could. After all the fixes it's amazing, and while I loved getting ~1.5 levels for literally afking the first week, I much prefer the greater potential XP for just killing mobs and being in zones I haven't really been in for ages.

IDK it's great. First time I've had every class at 100 and now I might actually work on getting a couple opposite faction characters to max level. The other great thing about it is you can save all your boxes and basically get roughly 700 iLvL or greater once you hit 100.

Did they just nerf xp by ~50% again?