Poll: Thoughts on Mythic Only Dungeons

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    I should of said interacting with other players because in the end thats all this about is having to interact with players to form a group
    You do realize LFD,LFR lets you interact with other players right? There is no set rule where it must be manual to join groups.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You do realize LFD,LFR lets you interact with other players right? There is no set rule where it must be manual to join groups.
    Holy shit are you just going to fucking repeat that to everything anyone says? It dosnt fucking matter in the end they are bitching about levels of interaction in a game all about fucking interaction its a senseless thing to bitch about.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Deleted
    Voted yes and no, will see how it plays out.

I don't know how I feel about that, but I think this could be an incentive to finally look for a guild and do organised play again. I stoped raiding after Cata, then my guild changed servers in MoP and since then I'm just soloing stuff and LFG. But this could get me back So maybe yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Next step - Mythic only raids - just like the good ol' times.

Please.

Getting tired of all the recent LFR exaltation.
    And then enjoy your 2 bosses raids because of the massive departure of players it would lead to.

Yes, l love the idea and everything. Blizzard is trying to get back to its roots, limiting "easy" content (these mythic only dungeons are still going to be doable by about everyone) and allows them to make instances with more depth as opposed to pure convenience. And a 9 boss mythic dungeon needs a weekly lockout, because it would be super casual-unfriendly to make someone dedicate that much time to clearing it all in one day. The karazhan "mega-dungeon" would be a disaster for LFD.

- - - Updated - - -

LFD and LFR have limited character interaction, and are basically a "pilot mode" of instances. Limited interaction and borderline complete anonymity is the opposite of what massively online multiplayer games are about, and blizzard needs to cut back it.

I would compare it to how you only get to see some story content that is gated behind rep. Like 5.1. Had to do dailies to see those.

Mythic 5 mans are just not hard enough to consider them anything more than a desire or dedication gate. How much do you want to do them? Because everyone can.

And just like with story gated behind rep, only some of the dungeons are mythic only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I would compare it to how you only get to see some story content that is gated behind rep. Like 5.1. Had to do dailies to see those.

Mythic 5 mans are just not hard enough to consider them anything more than a desire or dedication gate. How much do you want to do them? Because everyone can.

And just like with story gated behind rep, only some of the dungeons are mythic only.
    Agreed, mythic dungeons aren't really challenging, you just have to put out enough effort. And incentivizing group play and improving your personal play is a GOOD thing to have for an mmo, especially an mmo in which the communities have been dying off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nague View Post
    the whole point of the difficulties is that there are harder dungeons for those that want them and easier dungeons for those that need them.
    Everyone can see the content, thats the main point.
    You will never get a mythic only raid or dungeon, ever.

I point you to wildstar to see what happens when you make content for the hardcore only.
    This Wildstar reference is bullshit. I actually played Wildstar at launch and the reason why it failed had FAR AND AWAY more to do with the fact that the game was extremely buggy, unfinished, and terribly balanced than any "hardcore focus". They had tons of casual content with world quests and shiphands and even adventures. The shit was just bugged. ALSO, casual does not equate bad and I'm tire of BAD players trying to rile up casuals under a false banner. Most BAD players play the shit out of these games and just simply suck at them. I am a casual and I love smashing my face against a raid wall of a boss because eventually killing it gives you satisfaction.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Nague View Post
    the whole point of the difficulties is that there are harder dungeons for those that want them and easier dungeons for those that need them.
    Everyone can see the content, thats the main point.
    You will never get a mythic only raid or dungeon, ever.

I point you to wildstar to see what happens when you make content for the hardcore only.
    You realize that there are 2 Mythic only dungeons scheduled for legion launch and karazhan was stated to be mythic only as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    And then enjoy your 2 bosses raids because of the massive departure of players it would lead to.
    Which is just a fantasy from the lfr carebears. Next thing you're going to mention the cata "incident" and how the wow population vanished overnight because you actually had to be active in a heroic right?
    Or maybe mention how the game itself grew to its 12 mil peaks WITH that design.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic 5 mans are basically what the old heroic difficulty was. I just presume that as they release newer dungeons this expansion it means that the baseline for gear entry gets a bit higher, that's all.

Normal dungeons are level up, and heroic is essentially max level dungeons (or the old normal). Mythic, difficulty wise is nothing more than the old heroic, with a weekly lockout.

I mean if you're goal is 5 man content I don't see how there is much to complain. Once Karazhan comes out that's 11 mythic dungeons a week. 10 of them, as of now are also part of the mythic+ system, so you get the potential to do way more than that in a given week if you have 'some' friends or the capability to form groups.

If that's not your thing you still have 8 heoric only dungeons.

What they are doing this expansion is basically making 5 man a sort of viable progression path that smaller groups can enjoy. Can you still enjoy it by yourself? Yeah, but you'll need to make use of group finders and/or make your own group. Like anything it's just pushing people to actually play with friends, or make friends. At the very least you can take solace in knowing that unlike a raiding guild, you only need to find a half a dozen people you like to do regular 5 man content.

The way it works is that mythic has its own once a week lockout but mythic+ has a weekly lockout for each individual difficulty in each individual dungeon. You could run mythic+ all week and get loot from every run if you have a decently diverse set of keystones so I really don't see a problem with it.

I think it helps the game by encouraging people to move up difficulties slowly.

I know not everyone will but it its a good first step.

Right and the Multiplayer part is achieved by logging in and seeing others. MMO doesn't stand for must group with others at all times or in one way.

Also a LFR,LFD system is one of the most MULTIPLAYER features in the game. It allows you to group with ANYONE in your region. You can't get more MULTIPLAYER then that unless it went world wide.
    Seeing people in the game world and playing with those people are two entirely different things. Just because I see other people in the "real world" playing Pokemon Go doesn't mean its a multiplayer game. I'd have to actually interact with them in some way before it turned into a multiplayer experience.

Blizzard already lets you play this game, by yourself, all the way to the max level (If you choose). Short of making all content accessible via single player scenarios, there's a reasonable expectation that you're going to have to put in a little extra effort to find other players to do stuff. The LFR and LFD systems simplify that effort to almost none. Telling players that they need to make friends in a game that is heavily rooted in social interactions is not a terribly difficult thing to ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Which is just a fantasy from the lfr carebears. Next thing you're going to mention the cata "incident" and how the wow population vanished overnight because you actually had to be active in a heroic right?
    Or maybe mention how the game itself grew to its 12 mil peaks WITH that design.
    He sais mythic only, which means no normal and heroic or raid finder.

Doesn't really matter to me either way. The base mythic dungeon difficulty without a keystone is not too hard for me, so I can do it if I want to. I understand why it would bother other people, though.

Of course I do. We've had to go though years of casuals getting shit done for no time or effort invested, everything was being given to them on a silver platter. Exclusivity and challenging content with no alternative options such as LFR is what the game needs and has needed ever since it stopped being a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    LFD and LFR have limited character interaction, and are basically a "pilot mode" of instances. Limited interaction and borderline complete anonymity is the opposite of what massively online multiplayer games are about, and blizzard needs to cut back it.
    No, that's exactly what an MMO is. Massively multiplayer is like throwing you into a city with thousands of other people who may or may not be interested in any of the same things you are.

If you want meaningful small group interactions, co-op would be a much better term.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    I should of said interacting with other players because in the end thats all this about is having to interact with players to form a group
    Why do you feel entitled to my attention?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I honestly really don't care either way.