Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Help me quit wow for good.

I'm asking you guys to help me with quitting wow for good. I've done it all. I've levelled every class. I've been a casual player, a hardcore raider, a mediocre pvper, a gold maker, etc.

I've had realm firsts, top 5 parses on some fights, bis gear . I've been playing for 8 years now and just don't want to play anymore. Tonight I saw some one post a picture of their 5500 hours on Dota and instantly thought "what a loser"and then I realized I have around 9000 hours on the wow.

I've tried quitting half a dozen times. In cata I quit for 4 months. I quit for almost the entirety of mop but I came back at the end to sell cm with some Australian friends. I was quit from August 2015 to December basically. A few other breaks here and there.

It's negatively impacted my life for sure. Countless hours wasted on a digital treadmill that I wish I could get back. No longer go to the gym as much as I used to.

I know it's as easy as just giving away all of my gold and deleting my toons but it's so hard. The game has been such a major part of my life whether I like it or not and it feels like I'm deleting a part of my self.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    I'm asking you guys to help me with quitting wow for good. I've done it all. I've levelled every class. I've been a casual player, a hardcore raider, a mediocre pvper, a gold maker, etc.

I've had realm firsts, top 5 parses on some fights, bis gear . I've been playing for 8 years now and just don't want to play anymore. Tonight I saw some one post a picture of their 5500 hours on Dota and instantly thought "what a loser"and then I realized I have around 9000 hours on the wow.

I've tried quitting half a dozen times. In cata I quit for 4 months. I quit for almost the entirety of mop but I came back at the end to sell cm with some Australian friends. I was quit from August 2015 to December basically.

It's negatively impacted my life for sure. Countless hours wasted on a digital treadmill that I wish I could get back. No longer go to the gym as much as I used to.

I know it's as easy as just giving away all of my gold and deleting my toons but it's so hard. The game has been such a major part of my life whether I like it or not and it feels like I'm deleting a part of my self.
    Have someone change your Bnet password

Uninstall the game and/or ask them to permanently lock your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Have someone change your Bnet password
    I still play over watch though casually on the other of 1 of 2 hours a week(there's no sort of emotional attachment to over watch that makes me feel addicted to it)
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Deleted
    use a fishing bot

hehe.. 9000 hours how cute

The problem is that you don't want to quit! When you want to quit you will do it.

Learn some discipline. That will help you not only with quitting WoW but go a long way in life.

And no that doesn't mean reroll disc priest.

Deleted
    hahaha. you will quit when you want to quit.
    wtf is this forum nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    The problem is that you don't want to quit! When you want to quit you will do it.
    I do want to quit and I have tried to quit in the past.

Don't click on the WoW icon on your desktop?

Actually, it's even easier than that. The game can't be played without an active sub.

It's just a game. It's not even an physical addiction. Don't be ridiculous.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-08-20 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 90vyd View Post
    hahaha. you will quit when you want to quit.
    wtf is this forum nowadays
    I'll remember that the next time a smoker comes in to my pharmacy and asks what the best quitting aid is

This is so sad to hear/read. As someone who got the motivation to put effort and change my real life for the better thanks to this "stupid" game as many people I know call it... I started going to the gym, became more social, made real life friends, got into university, had best grades, won a national competition, got a girlfriend... All because WoW and animes inspired me.

My dream is to have a life which allows me to spare enough time for WoW, mountain hiking, my family and still be able to earn a satisfying salary. I thought it's impossible but I proved to myself it isn't.

I doubt WoW is the source of your problem, especially if you love the game. You just need more motivation in real life.

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    hehe.. 9000 hours how cute
    Yeah, 17k+ here, lol and I've quit for a total of 23 months over the past 12 years.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Clear out everything, delete your characters, give away your account, Uninstall WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Don't click on the WoW icon on your desktop?

Actually, it's even easier than that. The game can't be played without an active sub.

It's just a game. It's not even an physical addiction. Don't be ridiculous.
    Gambling isn't a physical addiction either, unless you count the desire for pleasure neurotransmitters as a physical addiction. Wow is basically a skinner box at this point.

See a psychologist there are obviously some deep seeded things at play here. This will allow you to talk to someone and come to the conclusion whether its "wow" or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Clear out everything, delete your characters, give away your account, Uninstall WoW.
    I think I'm going to just have to bite the bullet and do it. It will be hard

9120 Hours with my second account (= since End of BC), played Vanilla with my first account hardcore.

Get on my level nooooooooooooob
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    I do want to quit and I have tried to quit in the past.
    Don't take me wrong man but if you want to quit just thing on what you will win. I quit smoke and it was overnight. I said i want to quit and did! You need to really want it.