Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    my alts are getting 50-70% of a level per invasion just from kills

how much faster do you need it to be? push a button and jump to 100? actually playing the game isn't a paid level boost.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You seem pretty upset.
    This. Very very much this.

I'm all for people AFKing, more chances i get to farm solo and not be interrupted. I average a level an invasion on my DK.. Unless I get terrible luck(only happened like twice) or some douche runs around the whole time tagging my stuff intentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tykus View Post
    I'm all for people AFKing, more chances i get to farm solo and not be interrupted. I average a level an invasion on my DK.. Unless I get terrible luck(only happened like twice) or some douche runs around the whole time tagging my stuff intentionally.
    And this is why I AFK. I don't need XP, I'm already 100. I don't need to shard farm, I have hundreds of em. Demons drop no loot other than the shards. And if I do go kill stuff, people bitch because I'm making them get less XP (plus I have to pay a hefty repair bill). But I can still use are the boxes which have a chance of dropping a Warforged upgrade for me. And I get those when I AFK. So I'll just find some quiet corner of the invasion zone go do something else for 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by chipwood View Post
    And this is why I AFK. I don't need XP, I'm already 100. I don't need to shard farm, I have hundreds of em. Demons drop no loot other than the shards. And if I do go kill stuff, people bitch because I'm making them get less XP (plus I have to pay a hefty repair bill). But I can still use are the boxes which have a chance of dropping a Warforged upgrade for me. And I get those when I AFK. So I'll just find some quiet corner of the invasion zone go do something else for 20 minutes.
    Well I, for one, am thanking you!

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    dont forget free loot for not hitting anything
    Sadly this is true. The amount of invasions I have to do to ultimately (for a chance I might get) the weapons for unlocking the transmog apperances, I've already started to feel burned out on invasions and just AFK them. If I could just earn currency and buy them, 'd be actively participating, but when you can do 20 invasions for no weapon and no indication you'll have it after 20 more? Yeah, I'll just keep AFKing and doing chores in RL or watching youtube/playing mobile games.

...I'd have preferred to grind currency and be able to (eventually) just all the items though
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    Honestly i dont get Blizz. Invasions came in, they were good, everyone is happy. Then... they go and change everything. WTF?! Seriously! They were good the way they were at the start. Balanced and rewarding. Why ruin that and turn it into an unrewarding grind?

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Thank you, I will enjoy my leech status. During those two weeks, you may want to learn how to type out a sentence without butchering the English language.
    i realy hope you speak more than 1 language... if not just shut the fuck up

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-08-20 at 04:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Same here, combined with the Holy Enchantment buff I get around 60% per invasion.
    You just have to go full-out in phase 3.

That is just bad luck..
    With 25 invasions I had a total of 9 weapons on my DK.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it is not unrewarding!
    In no-time I took my DK from 84 to 100.
    Invasions gave me 50 to 60 percent of a level each.
    When I was done I was equipped with a 725 weapon and an average iLvL of 706.
    My hunter was at 705.
    And my Shaman, also leveled from 89 to 100, immediately had 703 for TWO specs.
    I'm sure you can enjoy it if you have tolerance to repetition. But that is what i meant with grinding. I don't want to do these things over and over again. I want to log on, do one or two and feel rewarded. Grinding is NOT fun! Wether its rewarding or not after X hours of repetition in a day.

In no-time you say though. That must've been a spam for a whole afternoon at least. My 84 druid needed 3 invasions t level up. Yeah i could get it done if i wanted to do nothing but the same thing 45 times. Woopdy-do! That sounds like sooo much fun!
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-08-20 at 12:20 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I'm sure you can enjoy it if you have tolerance to repetition. But that is what i meant with grinding. I don't want to do these things over and over again. I want to log on, do one or two and feel rewarded. Grinding is NOT fun! Wether its rewarding or not after X hours of repetition in a day.
    Well, it's just the case that in WoW, you are going to have to do some things more than 3 times, if you are going to get where you want to go.

Hell, that's the case in life, too.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What are you on about? I get like 3-6k on a solo kill at lv 66. Apart from that I find it a disgusting human trait to blame others for being despicable. Or not use interpunction ^^
    Yeah, unless someone comes by and touches it even once, then your 3-6k XP becomes 14-300XP depending on level, which a LOT of people are doing. They are flying around zones, hitting mobs once that someone low level is killing, then they leave. I try to go find the most out of the way place that still has invasion mobs, and about 3 out of 5 times, someone will fly down and hit the things I am attacking, then leave.

Really, since the HP/Damage is scaled to the level of the person attacking, all they need to do to combat the XP trolls is to have someone's XP only be affected if another person does like 50% of the damage or more. The low level players would still get XP for doing their thing, the higher level players will still get through shit just as fast, and the XP trolls will die out if they have no one to screw over anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    If you don't want to do these things over and over again you can also go level like everyone else? In dungeons, quests, etc..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Well, it's just the case that in WoW, you are going to have to do some things more than 3 times, if you are going to get where you want to go.

Hell, that's the case in life, too.
    Changed my mind. Not even worth a reply.
    Welcome to my ignore list.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-08-20 at 01:45 AM.

Exp hotfix went live and it is actually worth it to kill the mobs in p1 and p2. P2 exp was amazing and the stage is so fast it is now the best one of the 4. However they may have removed the buffing station with the holy buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Exp hotfix went live and it is actually worth it to kill the mobs in p1 and p2. P2 exp was amazing and the stage is so fast it is now the best one of the 4. However they may have removed the buffing station with the holy buff.
    Bosses are amazing now. Getting 52k~ per named Elite at 86, while being part of the zerg. What I've been doing is Zerging until P4, then logging out for 5 minutes (to make sure I get back in phase 1) and repeating.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Thank you, I will enjoy my leech status. During those two weeks, you may want to learn how to type out a sentence without butchering the English language.
    I can’t decide if answers like this are either arrogant or just stupid. But I think I’ll go with stupid – with a touch of ignorance sprinkled on top ...

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    you people who gain a level per event are you on dead realms? because on my shard i can hardly find a few worthwhile mobs to kill before the objectives complete even at middle of night. not sure if the shared kill xp changes are live, but that may be the difference because otherwise 1 level per invasion would be impossible unless theres only a handful of people in the zone, where 3 of them afk. My experience is from lvl 95+ alts.
    The changes are live. Stage 1-2 just kill stuff/elites in town. Stage 3 you can do your own thing, or follow the zerg around killing the mini-bosses (that's what I do; been getting 10%~ of a level per mini-boss [named Elite] during Stage 3 between 80-92). Stage 4 you can either kill the final boss, or leave the zone/logout until it's dead, then come back and repeat stage 1-3 for the Elite XP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You seem pretty upset.
    Nah, then I wouldn't actually watch what I am saying. Not much to be upset about, it is a massive online game, and there will be people trying to ruin/leech on what others do. It is a social state of life, there is always someone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    2k-12k per mob. The problem is when someone hit your target you get maybe 100-300 like you mentioned. This pissing me off because even when I go away from crowd and find lonely mob always someone must come when hes at 20% hp and destroy my XP gain.

But theres not a easy solution for this, if blizz will disable this then it will be abused for powerleveling others.

People who are bored with "standard" leveling and wanted level up alts in a different way.
    i was called a cunt and told to kill myself for healing up a 2% level 80 warlock with a mob train on his ass. Yeah, i was watching him running in curcless and dropping from 100 to 2% in a matter of 6 seconds, i decided to heal him up and apparently triggered him.

It's not blizzard have you a reason to afk, it's you who look for an excuse to afk. Which is weird. If you needed an excuse to afk on invasion - well, it's quite pathetic IMO. If you don't enjoy invasions - why do you even care about them? Leveling alts? There are plenty of healthy alternatives. Simply sitting there and afk is really crappy way to spend your time. But who am i to tell people what to do in a game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'll just be sure to AOE more from now on. It takes a couple of days to level 1-100 even without the invasion, 9p-100 is a matter of hours.

You had many many months to get alts leveled, don't bitch that you waited til the last minute and they are actually making you do something if you want to level faster.
    Hey, thanks to lazy people i've sond crapton of mats from 2 guild banks for about 500k gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    i was called a cunt and told to kill myself for healing up a 2% level 80 warlock with a mob train on his ass. Yeah, i was watching him running in curcless and dropping from 100 to 2% in a matter of 6 seconds, i decided to heal him up and apparently triggered him.

It's not blizzard have you a reason to afk, it's you who look for an excuse to afk. Which is weird. If you needed an excuse to afk on invasion - well, it's quite pathetic IMO. If you don't enjoy invasions - why do you even care about them? Leveling alts? There are plenty of healthy alternatives. Simply sitting there and afk is really crappy way to spend your time. But who am i to tell people what to do in a game

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, thanks to lazy people i've sond crapton of mats from 2 guild banks for about 500k gold.
    WTF? Where I said Im afking? Im doing invasions because I enjoy them while leveling. Much more entertaining than doing same zones for so many times. Also still much more XP while killing mobs instead afking especially after this XP fixes leveling speed is great. So I dont know if you quoted wrong person or just simply cant read properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    WTF? Where I said Im afking? Im doing invasions because I enjoy them while leveling. Much more entertaining than doing same zones for so many times. Also still much more XP while killing mobs instead afking especially after this XP fixes leveling speed is great. So I dont know if you quoted wrong person or just simply cant read properly.
    sorry, the afk part wasn't directed at you
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.