Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

DH and summoning ability

Would you like for DH to get a summoning ability? It would make sense, lorewise, gameplay wise, I guess 1 drawback is that people will annoy you with the summon

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Warlocks just need their summon improved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    No, Warlocks just need their summon improved.
    don't get why not? it will only benefit you, so why no want it?

hell yeah why the fuck blizard nerfed it and added a 3min CD even if no one used it. Sometiimes blizzard fear too much that QoL tools would be to fun for us.

And to the OP, I'm not an expert in DH lore but can you point me why it would make any sense ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    hell yeah why the fuck blizard nerfed it and added a 3min CD even if no one used it. Sometiimes blizzard fear too much that QoL tools would be to fun for us.

And to the OP, I'm not an expert in DH lore but can you point me why it would make any sense ?
    Well we got a sargerai keystone from the starting area that opens portals to different worlds, why not implement that mechanism ingame but just for summoning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    Well we got a sargerai keystone from the starting area that opens portals to different worlds, why not implement that mechanism in-game but just for summoning.
    Would be nice. TBH, I figure engi should just be able to make an item that works kinda like RAF summon. Click it and bring one person to you then it's on CD for like 4h.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Would be nice. TBH, I figure engi should just be able to make an item that works kinda like RAF summon. Click it and bring one person to you then it's on CD for like 4h.
    Meh, I hate the CD part. It would be useful for raids since only 1 class has the summon ability

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    Meh, I hate the CD part. It would be useful for raids since only 1 class has the summon ability
    If it's for raids then why would the CD matter? Especially since they removed Have Group, Will Travel because they didn't like how it worked (which without a CD would be basically identical to the ability you're describing). At least this way you can summon a friend to do stuff with you when you're out in the world and they just log on.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    If it's for raids then why would the CD matter? Especially since they removed Have Group, Will Travel because they didn't like how it worked (which without a CD would be basically identical to the ability you're describing). At least this way you can summon a friend to do stuff with you when you're out in the world and they just log on.
    Sorry not for raids, but for any world event, social stuff u'know. Warlock has it, though I rarely see one, a DH should get one, as they meddle with dark magics etc.

No
    /10chars

why not? we took everything else away from warlocks
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Seeing how horrible warlocks are right now, that summon is probably the only reason one would ever bring a warlock.
    You might not actually bring them into the raid/dungeon though but at least they can stay parked outside.

Let the poor guys have their summon and don't make it something every class has.

10+ Year Old Account
    We stole their meta; I guess they can keep their closets.

how the hell does summoning for DH make sense lorewise?

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    how the hell does summoning for DH make sense lorewise?
    Opening portals to other worlds is kind of their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Opening portals to other worlds is kind of their thing.

Is it? Because Illidan opens portal? Or are other DHs seen doing this?
    Illidan is not your typical Demon Hunter. He was mage before he became DH.

Also opening portals and summoning is not a same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Is it? Because Illidan opens portal? Or are other DHs seen doing this?
    Illidan is not your typical Demon Hunter. He was mage before he became DH.

Also opening portals and summoning is not a same thing
    Demon Hunters open portals during the class hall campaign. Not only Illidan can do that.

And if I open a portal for someone elsewhere to use it, then that is a summon mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    why not? we took everything else away from warlocks
    What did DH take besides Meta and Immo Aura?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    What did DH take besides Meta and Immo Aura?
    Immolation aura. The truth is though, they never truly belonged to warlocks to begin with. Those have always been iconic demon hunter abilities but the class was never in the game until now, so they gave them to warlocks. Kind of sucks to have abilities removed and a better version given to another class though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Demon Hunters open portals during the class hall campaign. Not only Illidan can do that.

And if I open a portal for someone elsewhere to use it, then that is a summon mechanic.
    So? Magi are the king of portals yet they don't use them to summon things in combat...