Why is WoW running like shit?

My specs:
    GTX 780
    i5-4670k @ 3.4 GHz
    16 GB ram
    Boot on a 125 GB SSD
    Run WoW on a 2 TB HDD
    1920x1080

Basically I'm wondering why I can run Overwatch on max settings while never dropping below 60 while in WoW when I set the in game graphics slider to 5 or 6 (fair to high), I am constantly dropping below 50 even in dungeons. Sometimes I can even hit below 30 in some fights if you can imagine that.

Not only that but when I run the game at anything above medium I can hear my fans going off in my computer when I'm just sitting in my garrison and it is really annoying since that doesn't happen even with games like Battlefield 4 (which I can run pretty close to max settings btw).

Any ideas?

Deleted
    Addon???
    for some reason when i turn on OmniCC the game start to run with 20 fps even with lowered setings compared to 60+ on default ones(high+ultra)
    My machine is with GTX9602GBOC and FX4300 at 8GBDDR3RAM
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-08-21 at 04:51 AM.

I use:

AffDots
    BigWigs
    DeathNote
    Doom_CooldownPulse
    ElvUI
    Kui
    Skada
    WeakAuras

In total this is about 14 mb usage in game with ElvUI being half of that. Doesn't seem like much to me.

Deleted
    Well you dint have much addons just turn them off all and see how will be if its beter then start turn back 1 by 1 till problem shows
    About howe much addons MB addons use isnt that important
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-08-21 at 05:04 AM.

Ya most likely an addon issue, id disable each one by one to find the culprit. I have a slower system than you and every dungeon in WoD i have 60 fps on 8 preset.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I use:

AffDots
    BigWigs
    DeathNote
    Doom_CooldownPulse
    ElvUI
    Kui
    Skada
    WeakAuras

In total this is about 14 mb usage in game with ElvUI being half of that. Doesn't seem like much to me.
    I don't know all of these addons, but a possible culprit might be Skada if you have turned on the advanced logging feature. As you experience the dips when you go into combat with at least a few people (dungeons) this could be the source. Normally i would not expect this to be an issue, as 5 people in combat is not that stressful (combat-log wise), but it is possible.

ElvUI should not be a problem, as it is especially developed to have a low performance impact (not quite as low as TukUI, but close). But just to make sure, check if it has a similar option for advanced combat logging/parsing.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to steal, but since the dh mantience, I've been getting constant 1-3 second freezes every 30 or so seconds. Is anybody else getting this too? I thought it could be my gpu or ssd, but it only happens in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not to steal, but since the dh mantience, I've been getting constant 1-3 second freezes every 30 or so seconds. Is anybody else getting this too? I thought it could be my gpu or ssd, but it only happens in wow.
    And have you tried just disabling all addons?

is this when you first log into a character? Because I have this too. I just haven't bothered to find the wonky addon causing it yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    And have you tried just disabling all addons?
    Well yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    is this when you first log into a character? Because I have this too. I just haven't bothered to find the wonky addon causing it yet.
    It's consistent for my whole session. Without fail. I was thinking it could be phasing tech messing up and constantly phasing and rephasing me, but it also happens in dungeons and stuff as well.

Well yeah.

It's consistent for my whole session. Without fail. I was thinking it could be phasing tech messing up and constantly phasing and rephasing me, but it also happens in dungeons and stuff as well.
    Maybe your CPU or GPU is throttling down for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    I don't know all of these addons, but a possible culprit might be Skada if you have turned on the advanced logging feature. As you experience the dips when you go into combat with at least a few people (dungeons) this could be the source. Normally i would not expect this to be an issue, as 5 people in combat is not that stressful (combat-log wise), but it is possible.

ElvUI should not be a problem, as it is especially developed to have a low performance impact (not quite as low as TukUI, but close). But just to make sure, check if it has a similar option for advanced combat logging/parsing.
    Yeah it looks like it was Skada. I'm going up to 90 again and around 60 or so in fights. Thanks dude.

Check if your render scale in advanced graphic options is too high.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Maybe your CPU or GPU is throttling down for whatever reason.
    Maybe. Is there anyway to check/fix that?

Looks like you fixed it, but yeah you should always disable ALL add-ons when trying to diagnoose performance issues.

Anecdote:
    I had installed a brand new GTX 1080 (Zotac) on patch day for 7.0. I launched WoW and was running at 3 FPS and I started freaking out, came to find out it was NPCScan causing the issue.

What's really nice is wich the new patch you can access the Addons in-game and de-select and reload one at a time to find the culprit real easy.
    This is a signature, only a signature. And nothing else.

Ah okay. Mine does that when I first log in for about 30 seconds. After that it's fine. No idea what could be causing it besides addons to be honest :/

I use:

AffDots
    Just a FYI in case you weren't aware, but AffDots isn't being updated for Legion. I've switched over to EnemyGrid (meh must post more to be able to link) to manage multi-dots and it's a more than worthy replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Vinushka View Post
    There is a whole thread on the Blizz Forums with a bluepost about that problem. So it's mostly not your fault here:
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...page=4#post-74
    Oh well there you go. Thanks for this lol.

Yeah it looks like it was Skada. I'm going up to 90 again and around 60 or so in fights. Thanks dude.
    I'm so glad you made this thread.

I love Skada but its time to go, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    I'm so glad you made this thread.

I love Skada but its time to go, lol.
    Well, if you want a decent damage meter, Skada is probably still the best option. Recount is a lot more resource hungry...
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet