Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't know about Emerald Nightmare, I could give you several examples in BRF (and WotLK/BC) though, because that's the last tier I raided before I quit playing.

And you can't do full damage to several targets at once.. you don't get cleaving AiSs

Aaanyway, I'm out for today, gn8.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-21 at 02:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see people raging at Azor for making a mistake, but I see them raging a him for making the same mistakes that he condemns other people for making.
    If you want to play the game (calling people names and belittling them) then you must be able to receive it as well. And he clearly cant.

The thing is, if you are as good as Azor is (or some will say, claims to be), you must realize that all eyes will be focused on your every move, and making a mistake WILL cause the people to call you out on it, you then as the greater player should then show some humility and except that you as well CAN and WILL make mistakes from time to time since NO ONE is perfect.

I agree that about 50% of his snarky replies is warranted but the other 50% is not, if he takes the time to give advise he must be ready to be asked silly questions, it is part of what he is there for (he volunteered, no one forces him to do so).

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    I dont see people raging at Azor for making a mistake, but I see them raging a him for making the same mistakes that he condemns other people for making.
    If you want to play the game (calling people names and belittling them) then you must be able to receive it as well. And he clearly cant.

The thing is, if you are as good as Azor is (or some will say, claims to be), you must realize that all eyes will be focused on your every move, and making a mistake WILL cause the people to call you out on it, you then as the greater player should then show some humility and except that you as well CAN and WILL make mistakes from time to time since NO ONE is perfect.

I agree that about 50% of his snarky replies is warranted but the other 50% is not, if he takes the time to give advise he must be ready to be asked silly questions, it is part of what he is there for (he volunteered, no one forces him to do so).
    Exactly, he volunteered. In no way is he required to respond to what he considers stupid (or anything for that matter). And he has the right to respond as he sees fit as long as he does not violate the forum guidelines. If how he responds gets you all butt hurt then don't engage in conversation with him, or grow a thicker skin (see: don't be a whiney pansy).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    Exactly, he volunteered. In no way is he required to respond to what he considers stupid (or anything for that matter). And he has the right to respond as he sees fit as long as he does not violate the forum guidelines. If how he responds gets you all butt hurt then don't engage in conversation with him, or grow a thicker skin (see: don't be a whiney pansy).
    Maybe get out of Azors but for a second and just take some time to wake up. The reason you fanboys are crying is because your god made a mistake and is called out for it. So he can reply like he wants but everyone else MUST treat him with respect because he is the number 1 hunter and put up some guides?? Same goes for the rest, they can reply to him like they want as long as they dont break the forum rules, and he and his fanboys should grow a thicker skin (see: stop being whiney pansies.)
    Last edited by GoKs; 2016-08-21 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Removed an "a"

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Like the one I was maintaining before I started writing for Icy-Veins instead in the prepatch?

Reputation is subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

I changed it to be less bloated while still containing the same information, all I removed were the ranks for Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry, while retaining the current tier, but if you like to believe that your comment had anything to do with it, be my guest, everyone needs small victories.

If someone ignores my advice because they think I am a dick, that's their loss and they'll be worse off for it. It's really, really, not my problem.

Yea sure you, whatever makes you sleep at night.

Obviously you did change it afterwards, but whatever.
    I am amazed though, that even though there are dozens of people in this very thread pointing out how much of an asshole you come of as, you still sit there in your plastic white horse, thinking you are the shit.

From a guy with a wife, a great job and a family, and where wow is my hobby and nothing more, you really come of as a sad individual.

But sure, keep that fake appearance up and act like non of this affects you and that you got your shit together. I would give 500 bucks anyday though to hear what a therapists would have to say about you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Maybe get out of Azors but for a second and just take some time to wake up. The reason you fanboys are crying is because your god made a mistake and is called out for it. So he can reply like he wants but everyone else MUST treat him with respect because he is the number 1 hunter and put up some guides?? Same goes for the rest, they can reply to him like they want as long as they dont break the forum rules, and he and his fanboys should grow a thicker skin (see: stop being whiney pansies.)
    Plus, must people know that the difference between a rank one player and a great player is his Honorbuddy rotation profile.
    And to be honest, if you visit certain forums online and know how to use the old skype IP tracker, it is not that difficult to find out which one of the above Azor is

If your fast, I bet you can conclude this yourself by going to "that site" and check out the user "Rozarlol".
    Last edited by Fiftyonred; 2016-08-21 at 07:52 AM.

Holy diver. A person asks a 4 line question and it derail into a 6 page long thread where about 2/3 of the replies are about some asshat hunter being an ass.

I love this website.

Deleted
    ppl take raiding in wow far too serious. After the utter failure that was wod, tons of guilds did disband and the general interest in HARDCORE progress raiding imo reached an all time low. Just fucking pick whatever you want, 99,999% of all players will never raid in a top world 20 guild where DPS really matters. If you play in a semi progress 3 day raid guild, no one will give a fuck if you play BM or MM, unless you play in some kind pseudo elite guild which acutally believes that top 50-200 is any good in wow. And most guys who pick MM would properly do much better with BM anyway.

Something like nihlum is now world top 50. Its a disgrace for every serious raider and you guys argue about which spec is top for progress raiding, what fucking progress raiding?
    Last edited by mmoceb9bfc9bf8; 2016-08-21 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted
    This is wrong, DPS will always matter and whether you play top 10, top 100 or top 100000 is irrelevant.
    You misunderstand what progress raiding is.. it's not a "top 100" thing.

It's also flat out wrong if you say that no one outside of top guilds will give a damn about what you play or how much DPS you do.

OP however is asking for PvP anyway and he doesn't care about PvE himself, so... like I said before, I'd recommend BM and I think outside of larger BGs it's better than MM. MM is most likely alot better in stuff like Alterac though, unless it becomes a "rush the endboss" thing again @ 110, which will most likely be the case.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-21 at 09:50 AM.

Deleted
    narcisism is a hard beast to beat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoji View Post
    Its not like he is on these forums spamming: "LOL NOOBS i`m the best you suck look at my logs and look at my veins on my EPeen"
    He provides information and answer for these people. At times its dry and at times its arrogant, but its best you will get.
    Do you think its better to not have that info at all if you cant dictate how he shares it?

Can you stop defending him like a fanboy? It almost sound like you are just the same guy using multi accounts

- - - Updated - - -

And no dps does not fucking matter in LFR or normal raiding, its so faceroll, the only thing that actually determines that you achieve it is to properly follow the strategy. Numbers don't matter at that level because its PISS EASY.

The same goes for people who do not care about mythic dungeons, even less to do mythic +10.

These people that you pseudo elitists so often overlook are actually the vast majority of the playerbase. The game is not tailored to the 5% in mythic but to the huge mass of casuals, I thought this was pretty obvious just looking at the direction Blizzard is taking with all their games?

If I don't have cancer already the stuff azor wrote here definitely gave me it.

Might aswell delete the hunter section at this point. At this rate there wont be anything else than both sides being dicks to eachother for 4/5 of the threads while the rest of us just want to learn stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    And no dps does not fucking matter in LFR or normal raiding, its so faceroll, the only thing that actually determines that you achieve it is to properly follow the strategy. Numbers don't matter at that level because its PISS EASY.

The same goes for people who do not care about mythic dungeons, even less to do mythic +10.

These people that you pseudo elitists so often overlook are actually the vast majority of the playerbase. The game is not tailored to the 5% in mythic but to the huge mass of casuals, I thought this was pretty obvious just looking at the direction Blizzard is taking with all their games?
    It's not because you don't care about doing mythic, mythic + or that something is "piss easy" that you don't want to play the best you can and improve yourself or are you suggesting that the "huge mass of casuals" is fine at being awful at the game ?

Numbers matter for the people that wants to get better, but you seem to think that only the "5%" wants to get better, that's a little narrow minded is it not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Plus, must people know that the difference between a rank one player and a great player is his Honorbuddy rotation profile.
    And to be honest, if you visit certain forums online and know how to use the old skype IP tracker, it is not that difficult to find out which one of the above Azor is

If your fast, I bet you can conclude this yourself by going to "that site" and check out the user "Rozarlol".
    This is the second-most farfetched thing I've ever heard about me, rofl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I don't know about Emerald Nightmare, I could give you several examples in BRF (and WotLK/BC) though, because that's the last tier I raided before I quit playing.

And you can't do full damage to several targets at once.. you don't get cleaving AiSs

Aaanyway, I'm out for today, gn8.
    Some BRF examples then, sure.

EDIT: Wow, that was a disappointing reply, here's an actual breakdown:

Darmac: Stand behind the boss and the adds that spawn, target the adds and you can do full AoE and single-target at the same time. Beast Mastery has to move its pet to the adds, and there's no Master's Call to slingshot there any longer.
    Oregorger: Pet has to chase the boss, Dire Beasts don't attack either when the boss is rolling.
    The Blast Furnace: Full Elementalist damage for 2/4 of the Elementalists and full AoE to all nearby targets at the same time, pretty much nobrainer MM fight. To have Bestial Wrath for every Elementalist guaranteed, you'd be losing a fuckton of them and it's not likely you'd end up doing more damage overall anyway.
    Hans'gar and Franzok: Pet is useless for when bosses jump, but movement is an issue when doing the stamper dance, so pick your poison.
    Flamebender: Full AoE on all wolves at the same time regardless of how far away they are from each other, in BRF you were begging that they'd stay close enough in the beginning to get some Beast Cleaves in.
    Kromog: Beast Mastery can AoE one of 3 sections of the hands, while Marksmanship can do full AoE across a 45-50 yard range, just pick the one furthest away. Same goes for the spikes, where you can damage at least 2 at the same time. Let's ignore the fact that the BM pet sometimes gets lost on this fight.
    Thogar: New spawns require you to move your pet manually, Marksmanship can hit whatever it wants at the same time with clever positioning, mostly stationary for AoE. Also, Kill Command can't even hit the flamethrower things on the ship, one of the highest prio targets in the fight.
    The Iron Maidens: Bullseye + Trueshot for the high-priority execute makes Marksmanship a nobrainer, you can hit bosses and flamethrowers at the same time too. ("But cleave!"), Beast Mastery is only marginally ahead on 3 targets, Marksmanship is better on 2.
    Blackhand: Marksmanship execute and much better upstairs, on the other hand the movement is fucked if you're having trouble pushing upstairs, then again if Fox still existed that's hardly a problem. Pick your poison.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2016-08-21 at 12:35 PM.

Deleted
    Any of the priority targets that appear more often than once every 2-3 minutes.

Furnace, MAa, Maidens for example - Krommogs Pillars are roughly 3 mins so MM is most likely better there, though beastcleave should've been better for the grasping hands considering the huge hitboxes they had and you get a on demand AoE burst every minute.

Cinderwolves might've been a problem for MM because he can't stop his cleave.

edit: Beastlord on Mythic had priority on adds with AoE too due to the stacking buff, MM however has bullseye and can do important execute phases better and the cleave will probably handle the spears better.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-21 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    It's not because you don't care about doing mythic, mythic + or that something is "piss easy" that you don't want to play the best you can and improve yourself or are you suggesting that the "huge mass of casuals" is fine at being awful at the game ?

Numbers matter for the people that wants to get better, but you seem to think that only the "5%" wants to get better, that's a little narrow minded is it not ?

What is the relationship between dps numbers and "playing well"? You don't get better by just receiving 15% damage boost in a patch, you get better by doing your rotation well and learning the mechanics of the fight and your class.

Numbers matter in heroic/mythic because you die otherwise but that is not any sort of real difficulty, its just NUMBER TUNING. Wether you play well or not, if you don't have enough gear/dps you won't win. Numbers are pure artificial difficulty, they don't make you a better player by themselves.

And its exactly the same in pvp sadly, an affli warlock blasting people away with one dot or a assassination rogue bursting down like madness someone with exsanguinate has nothing to do with skill but just bad number tuning.
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-08-21 at 12:40 PM.

Also, you know, if you just use your brain it's a pretty obvious choice.
    LOL. There is your definitive proof.............

- - - Updated - - -

I just didn't read OP. That you'd even try to insinuate that I have a personal distaste of Beast Mastery is hysterical.
    I am having no trouble whatsoever keeping up with or surpassing marksman hunters on my equivalently geared beastmaster at this time.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I edited my post, read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    LOL. <making fun of "anecdotal" evidence>

<anecdotal evidence here>
    I am sure. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Furnace, MAa, Maidens for example - Krommogs Pillars are roughly 3 mins so MM is most likely better there, though beastcleave should've been better for the grasping hands considering the huge hitboxes they had.

Cinderwolves might've been a problem for MM because he can't stop his cleave.
    If you're doing equal damage to all wolves, which you are easily capable of, then it is not an issue.

Beast Cleave isn't conceivably better for the hands when Marksmanship can hit 2-3 times as many hands at once, the only thing that made Beast Mastery good at them back in the day was saving Focus Fire stacks at a massive single target loss.

On top of that, by doing 5 stacks for the hands, you're losing 5 stacks for the spikes that come afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    What is the relationship between dps numbers and "playing well"? You don't get better by just receiving 15% damage boost in a patch, you get better by doing your rotation well and learning the mechanics of the fight and your class.

Numbers matter in heroic/mythic because you die otherwise but that is not any sort of real difficulty, its just NUMBER TUNING. Wether you play well or not, if you don't have enough gear/dps you won't win. Numbers are pure artificial difficulty, they don't make you a better player by themselves.

And its exactly the same in pvp sadly, an affli warlock blasting people away has nothing to do with skill but just bad number tuning.
    I didn't say "playing well", I said "playing the best you can and improving yourself".

If someone wants to play the best he can and improves himself and he finds that MM can do better than his current "well played" BM, then this someone will go MM to "play the best they can and improve" while having nothing to do with the difficulty this person is playing.

And you seem to not understand that "Numbers matter for this difficulty" =/= "Numbers matter for this person", numbers to kill a boss in LFR don't matter doesn't mean that the people in LFR don't care about their numbers.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2016-08-21 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    If you're doing equal damage to all wolves, which you are easily capable of, then it is not an issue.

Beast Cleave isn't conceivably better for the hands when Marksmanship can hit 2-3 times as many hands at once, the only thing that made Beast Mastery good at them back in the day was saving Focus Fire stacks at a massive single target loss.

On top of that, by doing 5 stacks for the hands, you're losing 5 stacks for the spikes that come afterward.
    But that's kinda beside the point? The thing is, it was used exactly because you had the burst. Mechanics likes these also depend on how well the raid comp itself can handle this kind of stuff. There are quite a few specs that have extremely poor AoE now for example and couldn't use it as easily as BM, SV or now MM.

Also, some mechanics are more important on Mythic than on Heroic and having/playing Spec A for Heroic but Spec B for Mythic might be a valid consideration.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-21 at 01:07 PM.