Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You can reset raids 10 times per hour to farm trash mobs for whatever reason. Resetting invasions only resets trash mobs. You can't get more boxes per invasion regardless how many times you reset it. The fact that they offer much exp is irrelevant. Im now sure you haven't played wow in years. Or at all tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Proving my point that you re butthurt that people gain exp by resetting. Your stance is just laughable man get over it or better yet go level some alts while you still can.

Breaking news for you: By resetting normal dungeons infinitely you also get exp. OMG who would have thought.
    Dude, stop talking about my butt, you seem to have a strange internet fetish (I am sure there are sites for you to explore your fetish, you might want to check them). I don't care if they reset the invasion a million times to level their alt. I never cared at all in this thread. I just think that Blizzard wouldn't approve of his method and I don't even think they would ban him regardless. I never thought about running the same dungeon a million times a day for a drop or continuously resetting invasions hundreds of times for xp. But, if that is what you enjoy, go ahead. Rock on and all that. I am going to head to the beach, you go reset that invasion 100x and get that xp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Questing with looms has always been the fastest way to level.
    Clearly you're doing those invasion wrong if you claim that.

Urgh another round of no Westfall up. The other invasions are just so annoying to do...not worth it meh
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    If you use group finder you can endlessly do heroic dungeons as well.
    But you don't get loot if you do that... do you?

Edit-

Then again, I remember when LFG was added in Wrath, if you were locked out of all your heroic dungeons, you could still queue up for random and get loot twice in the same day. So I don't think I could view this as an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Resetting the invasion was never about loot. It is about xp.
    You're the one who made this about loot. A proper comparison would be comparing resetting a dungeon for exp to resetting an invasion for exp, which both are allowed.
    Last edited by Lime; 2016-08-21 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Urgh another round of no Westfall up. The other invasions are just so annoying to do...not worth it meh
    Barrens is worth doing if you do the phase 1 + 2 farming, but my god, it's so tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Yes after you got ridiculed in every single petty post you made about how bothered you are about people "exploiting" as you called it (either because clueless or because poor language skills) now you sing a different tune. Ye ok man we ll stay here and reset and you go to the beach like anyone cares. As for your insults about my fetish etc I only have one fetish: I cannot stand ignorants posting their ignorance as a fact to be taken seriously.

So with this "fetish" in mind stop posting useless crap get real or just go to the beach man. All good.
    Just because someone does not play a game as much as you do does not mean they are ignorant or anything like that. You have a major chip on your shoulder that comes across in your posts, I assume you are a teen because I wouldn't expect it from an adult. Also, you started the personal insults by saying I am "butthurt" about forty times (although no one really uses that term for a few years now so you are a bit behind the curb in your lingo). Why not just try to be reasonable and discuss things without resorting to outdated troll lingo like "butthurt" etc. This is why gamers (and WOW players) have a bad rep.

Personally, I still do not think that Blizz intended for you to reset the invasions 100x to farm them for xp. When you are manipulating the game in a way not intended for a reward (in this case the xp) you are technically "exploiting." Do I care? No. If that is how you want to spend your time- go ahead. I even said, multiple times in my posts that I don't think he will be banned. I wouldn't even care if he found a magic button in the game somewhere that instantly leveled all his toons to 100 and gave them all mythic warforged gear. I play for my own enjoyment, what the other players do really does not matter to me. I thought I was engaging in a "friendly" discussion with people. Guess I was dead wrong on that account.

They are at least three invasions up all the time and I think they reset every two hours- so there are plenty to run without having to constantly reset them. However, if you really feel that need to reset them hundreds of times- then go ahead, knock yourself out.
    Last edited by Alydael; 2016-08-21 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shinedowNn View Post
    so theres a streamer called nugiyen doing Infinite Invasions to 100 he doing the invasion and logging off at stage 4 and then logging in its basically reset the invasion so he doing it all over again,is it allowed? i mean its kind of abuse/exploit so im not sure but heared few ppl saying its nothing illegal
    can anyone verified ? thank you very much

edit more info about it

wanted to clarify since some ppl didnt get it:i didnt use this method and i dont recommend it, w/e its legal/ok or not
    To make clear i think you should ask this on Blizzard General sub-forum so Blizzard blue posters might answer if its legal or not

For US

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/984270/

For EU

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/872818/

Blizzard resets any of the new scenarios should you DC during them. Blame the "exploit" on that. Even single player scenarios are typically reset if you DC. Only one I haven't seen do that yet is the new character boost tutorial ... which really should reset if you DC. I boosted a mage to 100, did the scenario, got DC'd on the part to use blizzard to kill the adds, logged back in and no adds to kill. Had to just leave the scenario without finishing it.

Since Blizzard can't really save your progress with the invasions if you DC because your "group" could finish the scenario while you're offline, the only thing they can do is reset you back to the start.

I've had a few of my toons DC in the middle of an invasion and come back at the start. I didn't get a second green crate, though, and don't recall if I was getting any xp for phases I already did. Best way for Blizzard to fix the issue is to have it so you can't get xp for phases you already completed. They're already part way there with stopping you from getting additional crates.

But what's the point in stopping it anyway? You realize come Tuesday/Wednesday (depending on your reset), the invasions will be up constantly (or almost constantly) anyway? So effectively you can do the same thing the streamer is without logging off. He's just ahead of the curve and not letting himself get the xp from the final phase. At most, you might have to move between two locations before it resets. Moving between Azshara and Northern Barrens or Westfall and Dun Morogh isn't hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Because stage 3 and 4 are a waste of time.

Let compare, shall we?

Barrens

Stage 1 - After 30%, 3 bosses spawn nonstop until stage 2. After you kill the third boss, new bosses spawn to replace them. The faster you kill them, the more strong elites that spawn as well, which is even more exp. Small area, so very easy to tap all 3 and due to all of the people, all die very quick.

Stage 2 - 2 beefier bosses spawn a strong boss spawns

Stage 3 - Run around the entire area hoping to tag the even fewer than stage 1 bosses. You have to take travel time into account. You get screwed over if the zerg splits and goes for two different bosses.

Stage 4 - 1 Megaboss with some untuned abilities that can deal 100k+ damage to a level 10 and being dead means no exp. Gives a nice chuck of exp, but not a whole lot more than some of the other bosses.

Right there you can see that the first half is far more efficient then the second half.

That being said, this is if he was farming in the Barrens, which seems to be the most XP/hour. Take Dun Morogh for example, during phase 1, bosses won't spawn until 70%, making it a much different experience. It should also be worth noting that unless you have flying, stage 3 will never be worth it, regardless of area. Maybe Dun Morogh if you're fast enough and grab one of the machine gun spider tanks, but even that is a big maybe.

Of course, I could be misreading what you're saying. When you say that he's skipping stage 3, I assume that you mean that he relogs right after stage 2? If you meant that as, "He joins a group and joins stage 4 (which skips stage 3)", then that's something else entirely.
    I basically came to say this. Glad you did, also, to top it off, being in the barrens, if you're not flagged as PVP, even on a PVP server, for whatever reason, will disable PVP, but leaving the area (i.e. when you start stage 3) re-enables it. So, it's extra lucrative to just infinitely farm stage 1 and 2 if for nothing else, avoiding ganking.

Using that method, today, I went 1-77 in like ~7-8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    Since Phase 3 is pretty much a waste of time you just do Phase 1 & 2, then server hop to someone in Phase 1 or 2 (there should be enough in the Group Finder at all times) or log out and log back in. You'll be in Phase 1 again. Phase 3 isn't worth it. Just grinding 1 and 2 (or even only 2 if there's enough groups for that) will get you to 100 in like 10 hours.
    To 100... from 1..?

Deleted
    seriously, what harm is it doing you? i fucking hate grasses!!
    sir, sir, <insert name> is doing such & such!!
    grass!!

How long do you have to log out for this to reset?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    How long do you have to log out for this to reset?
    Do stage 1 and 2, go to the Inn in the invaded city (or run out of it).
    Log out.
    Log back in.
    Do stage 1 a,d 2 again.
    Rince repeat.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Do stage 1 and 2, go to the Inn in the invaded city (or run out of it).
    Log out.
    Log back in.
    Do stage 1 a,d 2 again.
    Rince repeat.
    But invasions does also reset if you simply fly out of zone and then fly in, or join group via group finder with another invasion going

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    But invasions does also reset if you simply fly out of zone and then fly in, or join group via group finder with another invasion going
    Well for example in Dun Morogh, Tanaris and Westfall the insta-logout in the Inn is so handy.
    Currently zones are full of low level people leveling up this way. I get a level every 3rd invasion above level 90 if I can tag enough mobs.
    They basically made the previous method of powerleveling (aka wait for the completion timer) redundant and look like nothing compared to this.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Why do you think you can only loot each boss once a day? Because Blizzard does not want you to infinitely reset each dungeon continuously to farm for a drop...... I guess Blizz is "grasping at straws" too.
    I thought that was for raids? They set it so you can only do dungeons about 10 times/hour, recently (give or take), last I heard.

You can just join groups in the group finder to do the same thing... it's working as intended

Well unless Blizzard plans to ban half of the wow sub base, I wouldn't be worried. I saw TONS and TONS of people power leveling with invasions. PLaying a good chunk of today (with breaks and all) using the method of logging out for phase 2 and logging back in over and over I managed the following just today: (maybe 5 hours worth total, probably less)

16-60 warlock
    11-30 rouge
    42-60 paladin

I have a bad feeling after Tuesday's patch they will fix this.

Meh, I tried it out for a bit, if you're only leveling one character it's a pretty good way to add a small boost, but I'm leveling 2-3 so when I run out, I switch to another, and that's working out much better than 'phase in and out' to rekill mobs. All the Objectives together are about as much as the amount of bosses I would get killed on Average(except in Northern Barrens, because for some reason, that place is just packed just right with bosses). So yes, if I ran out of places to do, it would give me adecent amount of exp in 15 minutes off redoing the last invasion available, but I could get the same 'amount' of leveling done AND then some by switching to another character.

And of course, chests if that matters to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already 62 on an alt just by doing them normally.