Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

More women should freeze their eggs and focus on their careers.

Women can have it ALL but only if they are smart enough to freeze their eggs as an insurance policy. I will grant you it is an expensive endeavour but most 20 something women can either save the money up or borrow it from their families. The way I see it cryopreservation of their dwindling egg supply is like making an investment. It is not secret that a woman's fertility declines beyond the young age of 26 so why shouldn't women think more long term and save up the best eggs while they still can.

While freezing eggs is a no guarantee of producing a healthy baby. Only 10% viable.

Frozen embryos have a much high success rate.

Yes, you want to have a child with your soul mate- but for all you know they may have problems with their sperm. You may also not meet this person until later in life.

Creating and freezing embryos made with quality donor sperm if you are under 30 is an insurance policy. 60%+ viability with this method.

You could also adopt a kid... Plenty of kids who need loving homes.

What if their career is to continuously produce children? This would be quite counter productive. Quite.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I hate this stupid rhetoric. It's a myth

There are not orphanages with kids lined up just waiting for someone to sign for them - there are foster homes in state custody, and custody with birth parents or relatives can be extremely hard to navigate. International adoption is even more difficult - it sounds very nice and all to adopt an orphan from whatever poverty-stricken country but the process is extremely expensive. In both cases it takes a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of risk for heartbreak if your adoption doesn't work out - which can happen at every stage in the process, including last minute. While absolutely those who adopt should be commended, the process can easily take more time and money than freezing one's eggs.

Deleted
    Adoption is not the same as a biological kid of your own flesh and blood.

What if women don't want to live lives where money, progress and success are their only sources of happiness?

Pay money to freeze my eggs
    Pray I actually have enough time and money to have a child
    Take time off work to deliver child
    Pay to pay to store their cord blood
    Pay to store their teeth
    Pray that I'm not charged with child neglect for being a half hour late from work
    Pray my child doesn't go to the park by themselves and "omg possibly die or be abducted because everyone wants to abduct children"

No, I'm good, thanks. Children are becoming too expensive and a nuisance as it is.

whats wrong with getting married and have children?
    oh thats right, the regressive left demands that we destroy the family unit

carry on

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post

carry on
    Well-said.

If they get some sort of birth control and don't "accidentally " get pregnant, I say they can do whatever.

The smarter choice would be for all men to store sperm and get vasectomies until real male birth control hits the market. As it stands , women have dozens of options. She doesn't even have to freeze her eggs. Just get a nuvaring , pills, a shot , etc et-fucking-cetera

carry on
    This.
    I cannot understand what the hell is wrong with people, and why the fuck do they see family values as a bad thing?
    What the fuck???

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably one of the most aggravating ideologies I've come across, because it's just logically flawed on so many levels.

1 - A career isn't the ultimate goal. There are more things with value in life than money and a skill. For example: human life. What we're doing is cheapening human life in favor of corporate success. Is this the path we want to go down?

2 - This entire argument is born from a radical feminist idea of sameness. There is no reason that men and women should be pushed into the same professional paths. Men and women should embrace their innate differences, slight as they are.

3 - Women can have kids and a career if they want without freezing their eggs - they just have to hire help, which a man would have to do as well if he wants a career.

4 - There are health benefits associated with having kids earlier in life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Women can have it ALL but only if they are smart enough to freeze their eggs as an insurance policy. I will grant you it is an expensive endeavour but most 20 something women can either save the money up or borrow it from their families. The way I see it cryopreservation of their dwindling egg supply is like making an investment. It is not secret that a woman's fertility declines beyond the young age of 26 so why shouldn't women think more long term and save up the best eggs while they still can.
    The biggest risk in waiting until later in life to have a child isn't fertility. Also, freezing eggs is actually more risky so it's a net loss.

Creating and freezing embryos made with quality donor sperm if you are under 30 is an insurance policy. 60%+ viability with this method.
    IMO, men should stop donating sperm. You want seed? Get it the old-fashioned way!

This.

I hate this stupid rhetoric. It's a myth
    Without a source, this is pretty much drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    No, I'm good, thanks. Children are becoming too expensive and a nuisance as it is.
    Also this. Women who don't breed are the true proverbial diamonds in the goat's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmcghosty View Post
    The smarter choice would be for all men to store sperm and get vasectomies until real male birth control hits the market. As it stands , women have dozens of options. She doesn't even have to freeze her eggs. Just get a nuvaring , pills, a shot , etc et-fucking-cetera
    This too. Wish something like this would have been on my radar decades ago. Too late for the vasc for me, but meh. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    This.
    I cannot understand what the hell is wrong with people, and why the fuck do they see family values as a bad thing?
    What the fuck???
    It's not that "family values" are "bad", but the notion that they depend on marriage and children. The former is antiquated and inane. The latter is more trouble than it's worth in most cases. /shrug
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-08-21 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You lost me here... What does "freeze eggs" mean in this context?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Lol no.

It isn't easy to adopt a kid. There are two family households who are still struggling to adopt a kid. And not even a baby, I am talking a 13 year old with issues even.

Good luck adopting as a single person. And that doesn't even touch on the fact that it isn't your biological child. It's someone else's. You're just raising it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to put things in perspective, let me read the title a slightly different way:

'More women should ignore their biological priorities in order to slave their way up a corporate ladder'

Why is this desirable? Where did this desire come from? Men do it because they have literally no other value than what they can provide to women. Why would women want this when they have an alternative means of creating value - which is creating life?

Medically no...

Having children when young improves the odds everything goes well.

Younger women for older men is the recipe for success.

carry on
    The blame lies solely on men who don't want to settle. Most women you'll find want to have children when they find the right guy but these partners often do not want to settle down and you hear this all the time about men claiming that women have tried to trap them with a pregnancy. Let's not forget the biggest proponents of abortions are lousy and opportunistic men who want to have sex without any responsibility.

Many women who freeze their eggs do it because they have been backed into a corner as their body betrays them as they get older and their fertility wanes. Staying in a committed relationship for 4+ years only to not have it work out puts women at a greater disadvantage coming out of any breakup because they have wasted valuable time, that is, the best years that they could have gotten pregnant which is between 19-26 years of age. Men just move on because unlike women they don't have a reproductive clock.

you can have a career and be a mom.

carry on
    the jokes contained within must be a true nightmare for you.