Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Man this last page is like.. attack of the ultra-nerds, what the fuck.
    Hey, someone was wrong, what can I say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I think I need to get into seeing One Punch...

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    I think I need to get into seeing One Punch...
    One Punch Man is great! Highly recommended.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly a decent animu

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you buttheads seriously still arguing about Vegeta vs Goku?! =P
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    They were.
    Also I was busy killing the thread and then you revived it, meanie!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is true. I also recommend Mob Psycho 100 since it was also written by ONE. It does have a completely different art style though, since it mimics ONE's art style and not Murata's.

That you're sorry for being wrong

<3

I mean, I could still go on...

Quote Originally Posted by Rokom View Post
    This is true. I also recommend Mob Psycho 100 since it was also written by ONE.
    Granted I've only watched the first episode (I'm waiting on it to finish and then marathon it), but the first episode didn't do anything for me, in regards to the humor, characters, or plot. I did enjoy the use of color and animation, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That you're sorry for being wrong

<3
    Don't you make me start the quoting again. I'll do it...! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Granted I've only watched the first episode (I'm waiting on it to finish and then marathon it), but the first episode didn't do anything for me, in regards to the humor, characters, or plot. I did enjoy the use of color and animation, though.
    Good animation is important, but if that's all there is, then.. Eh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Also I was busy killing the thread and then you revived it, meanie!
    seems to me you're returning to the dark ways!

The new soup.

Don't you make me start the quoting again. I'll do it...! <3
    You just did!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanni View Post
    To begin I don't know how to do such forum wizardry as you an Joe, teach me.. An after reading all posted so far... Seany you need to go read the actual material and reread the definition of Mary Sue, an Joe just doesn't understand the concepts of development
    You can only say that AFTER proving me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The new soup.
    Speaking of which, the Soupversary draws near.

I shall be posting this on my facebook the day of, with no context, and I expect those of you who are my facebook friends to respond to it accordingly, with solemn hearts and thoughtful words.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

You cited Rocklee as a point of development an said Dragonball was void of any..

An don't worry I'm on word writing
    And I gave you reasons why.

I also didn't say void of any, I said it had the depth of a kiddy pool.

Unless you truly think Rock Lee had no character development, well, then, I'm not sure what else to say aside from I think you don't really understand character development. Also worth pointing out, I didn't pick someone purposely who would literally blow DBZ out of the water, like Gaara or Naruto himself, which to be fair, Vegeta is more akin to Sasuke in terms of character importance, and yet again...doesn't even hold a candle.

And I don't even like Shippuden.

Speaking of which, the Soupversary draws near.

I shall be posting this on my facebook the day of, with no context, and I expect those of you who are my facebook friends to respond to it accordingly, with solemn hearts and thoughtful words.
    It was really that long ago?
    Wow.

But if I see it I shall!
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-08-22 at 02:25 AM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. I thought you just conceded your point because you are wrong.

I mean, I don't hate Goku, I think he's just a boring Mary Sue character devoid of any personality or interesting characteristics.

Decent? Eh. I didn't find him to be humorous, but humor is subjective, I suppose.

Yeah, no.

A character that is more interesting than Goku, that's who. Granted, it's been years, but the only things I can remember about Goku are the following: he's the "main" character, therefore he will always be the strongest; he is dumb/ignorant/however you'd like to put it; and he eats a lot. That is a boring character.

At what point does Majin Vegeta throw out his pride when he's fighting Goku? I assume you're pointing to the point where he sucker punches Goku and wins (which admittedly is a bitch move and I wish he hadn't done that)?

If you're isolating a singular thing and saying that therefore it is meaningless, sure. The point is that would normally never happen with a character such as Vegeta.

Like all good characters, it takes a while for them to grow; if they don't take their time, it isn't believable.

Does that one, singular event make him a good character? No. With the combination of everything else? Yes.

I'm still waiting to hear what you like about Goku, other than "he's the MC and he's goofy sometimes".
    That's because you don't understand where Goku's appeal lies.

Goku's appeal comes from his ability to overcome any limit, circumstance, and obstacle. His entire character and what development he does have revolves around that one thing. From the day he was born, he was a low class sayian destined for nothing. Because of Goku's ignorance and eventual denial of this circumstance upon finding out, he not only overcame it, but fulfilled a legendary prophecy and killed the one person his critics couldn't dream of killing. How many times were you written off as less than worthless in a certain situation; where someone preudged you or your capabilities?

Another part of Goku's appeal is his ability to remain pure and genuine while overcoming his circumstances. In most cases, gaining ground without conceding some of your individuality and values is impossible. Not for Goku. He remains true to who he is through most, if not all of it.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-08-22 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    That's because you don't understand where Goku's appeal lies.

Goku's appeal comes from his ability to overcome any limit, circumstance, and obstacle. His entire character and what development he does have revolves around that one thing. From the day he was born, he was a low class sayian destined for nothing. Because of Goku's ignorance and eventual denial of this circumstance upon finding out, he not only overcame it, but fulfilled a legendary prophecy and killed the one person his critics couldn't dream of killing. How many times were you written off as less than worthless in a certain situation; where someone perjudged you or your capabilities?

Another part of Goku's appeal is his ability to remain pure and genuine while overcoming his circumstances. In most cases, gaining ground without conceding some of your individuality and values is impossible. Not for Goku. He remains true to who he is through most, if not all of it.

Thank you.

Let's just take two key points as a comparison.

Vegeta- Willingly gives into allowing someone else to artificially boost his power in a vain attempt to beat Goku where lives were on the line and they had to stop Buu's resurrection.

Goku- Gave Cell a Senzu bean just to ensure a fair fight.

BOTH of these were ridiculously stupid decisions, but only one was actually in any way considered a noble thing to do.

You're only proving my point further here... Gaara yes, Naruto an Sasuke absolutely not, but noted for the essay
    Proving what point? That Naruto literally blows DBZ out of the water in terms of characters?

So will this be known as the Anime War?

Weeabo War

...i dislike your new avi
    I could go back to Shunsui but after the way Bleach ended...

Joe you know the difference of development an characterization right?...
    Do you?

Development is over time, which is exactly what Rock Lee got. It takes one character and presents them as someone at the start, who grows over time. Like Choji even, who started off as an unsure ninja, who was ashamed in a way of his weight, and turned him into someone who was proud of his family.

In the case of Rock Lee, it goes back to flashbacks, but he used to be considered the weakest ninja ever, yet he was able to hold his own against Gaara for a while. Then, he had to struggle with the pain of never being able to accomplish his dream, to making the choice of risking his life to be healed, to even forgiving the person who caused such pain to him and saving their life.