Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm more concerned with the name. If it's a piece of Draenei capital, what is stopping us from picking up a pick and trashing the place for tons of shards, as opposed to hoping it will drop from a mob half a planet away from it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    to be honest in the one that lets you cast while moving after casting an instant cast spell is WAY better in practice in a raid environment than an extra lust. seeing as how most of your dps loss as a caster is caused by needing to move.
    That isn't even close to being true. Two additional time warps is FAR more dps than some instant cast procs. Movement concerns are already covered with Shimmer and Ice Floes. Mage is incredibly mobile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Congratulations, you provided no evidence of other classes having a comparably strong legendary dps item. You linked information only pertaining to mages.
    You lie because on the OP you said,
    So, why exactly hasn't this been nerfed yet? I guess mage is going to yet again molest the meter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    You lie because on the OP you said,
    Please educate me. What did I "lie" about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetesh View Post
    And you provided exactly nothing. Do you really think that 7.5k gain on ST with Kindling is so strong --> ~2.7%? Show us some proof that legendaries for other classes are so weak.
    Don't fall into the trap. He said on the OP it's OP and mages are going to dominate the meters. When you showed evidence he lied.

Deleted
    And exactly why would you not stack it with your other cds? There is not necessarily a requirement to blow it instantly. If most mythic progression encounters are 8+ minutes, you can delay your self Time Warp until your own cooldowns become available. You wouldn't lose out on a time warp.

Obviously some encounter durations will force you to use it at a less optimal time.
    8m+ is pretty uncommon - maybe last few mythic bosses where you normally don't use TW/BS on pull. Even with best case scenario (sims are for 450s) it is not that strong, but it is your first impression so it must be right. I was pretty exited for that ring when i first saw it, but something like Bindings of the Sun King is much stronger even it doesn't look like it is.

Deleted
    Please educate me. What did I "lie" about?
    You said,
    So, why exactly hasn't this been nerfed yet? I guess mage is going to yet again molest the meter.
    And then when he showed evidence against it you said,
    Congratulations, you provided no evidence of other classes having a comparably strong legendary dps item. You linked information only pertaining to mages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't fall into the trap. He said on the OP it's OP and mages are going to dominate the meters. When you showed evidence he lied.
    Perhaps I'm naive for having such faith in the human race that you would understand what lying is.

Deleted
    That isn't even close to being true. Two additional time warps is FAR more dps than some instant cast procs. Movement concerns are already covered with Shimmer and Ice Floes. Mage is incredibly mobile.
    Proof please, we had enough of your first impressions.

7+ Year Old Account
    You said,

And then when he showed evidence against it you said,
    He linked no evidence comparing this legendary item to other classes. So I'm not sure what you believe the evidence suggests. Additionally, please stop saying I lied. It's actually sad at this point that you don't understand what it means.

- - - Updated - - -

Proof please, we had enough of your first impressions.
    I don't really care what you've had enough of. The information you provided was irrelevant and brought nothing to the argument.

Deleted
    He linked no evidence comparing this legendary item to other classes.
    The burden of proof falls on you especially when you throw a whole protest about it. Also how the heck are you going to compare healing legendaries to damage legendaries? Do you know what apples vs oranges mean?

Deleted
    Perhaps I'm naive for having such faith in the human race that you would understand what lying is.
    Wow what a dickish thing to say. You should have faith in people who know more about the subject and who don't rely only on their first impressions.

- - - Updated - - -

The burden of proof falls on you especially when you throw a whole protest about it. Also how the heck are you going to compare healing legendaries to damage legendaries? Do you know what apples vs oranges mean?
    Legendaries are orange(s)!

7+ Year Old Account
    The burden of proof falls on you especially when you throw a whole protest about it. Also how the heck are you going to compare healing legendaries to damage legendaries? Do you know apples vs oranges mean?
    The fuck? There is something seriously faulty with your reading comprehension.

I mentioned healing legendaries because most healers (note: multiple classes) have at least one item which significantly boosts their throughput, or cooldowns. Most dps classes have mediocre legendaries, whereas mages get this one item which is extremely powerful.

Apples vs oranges isn't a valid argument here. Try again.

Deleted
    He linked no evidence comparing this legendary item to other classes. So I'm not sure what you believe the evidence suggests. Additionally, please stop saying I lied. It's actually sad at this point that you don't understand what it means.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really care what you've had enough of. The information you provided was irrelevant and brought nothing to the argument.
    Sorry that i provided relevant data which didn't support you first impression.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry that i provided relevant data which didn't support you first impression.
    You didn't provide a single link to another class' legendary which is comparable in throughput gain. Thus, the information you provided was irrelevant to the "first impression." Try again, please.

Deleted
    The fuck? There is something seriously faulty with your reading comprehension.

I mentioned healing legendaries because most healers (note: multiple classes) have at least one item which significantly boosts their throughput, or cooldowns. Most dps classes have mediocre legendaries, whereas mages get this one item which is extremely powerful.

Apples vs oranges isn't a valid argument here. Try again.
    So far only one who didn't provide any valid argument is you sorry mate, but some people just can't stand when they are not right.

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't provide a single link to another class' legendary which is comparable in throughput gain. Thus, the information you provided was irrelevant to the "first impression." Try again, please.
    I provided enough data to make your claim false. If you don't see it is you problem, but obviously it is enough for everyone else.

Deleted
    Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit.

Google what that means.

It's not our responsibility you have an unsubstantiated belief based on guesses. You have to prove your claim then come and protest the change. Also you have a lack of understanding of the big picture of the game design if you think healing output can be directly compared to damage output.

7+ Year Old Account
    Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit.

Google what that means.

It's not our responsibility you have an unsubstantiated belief based on guesses. You have to prove your claim then come and protest the change. Also you have a lack of understanding of the big picture of the game design if you think healing output can be directly compared to damage output.
    I'm not comparing healing output to damage output. I'm comparing the best items available per class. Healers happen to each have very strong legendaries at the top end, some boosting their biggest cooldowns by large percentages. Dps classes mostly have mediocre ones compared to this mage ring.

Also, I'm fully aware of the burden of proof, but this claim isn't belief or the existence of some leprechaun in the sky. If someone "believes" the ring is more powerful than other class' legendaries, that is equally valid as someone "believing" everything is balanced.

What the fuck sort of rule is it that we begin in the territory of "everything is balanced, and if you disagree you must prove it?"

Based on Blizzard's track record, even in the most recent expansion WoD, the most logical starting point is actually that classes are imbalanced. Pretending everything is balanced is the illogical assertion.

Because this kind of thing isn't necessarily relevant. Let's say a mage does 300k DPS, and this legendary gives them 292k or whatever it was. That means a mage is doing 592k DPS. Let's say a rogue is doing 350k DPS and their legendary of choice gives them 250k DPS. They're doing 600k DPS.

The legendary items may not all give the exact same DPS number, but they don't have to because classes are different (!) and their items, artifacts, and spells are balanced as such.

Deleted
    ... Dps classes mostly have mediocre ones compared to this mage ring.
    I provided you with data that this ring is ~2.7% dps boost. 2.7% it not that huge boost, or do you disagree? If yes, than provided some data to proof it
    Last edited by mmocec88429560; 2016-08-22 at 10:40 AM.