What do we know about Legion raids and the types of fights?

Doesn't seem to be much information on the bosses in the raids such as the type of fight, whether it's cleave, single target, messy cleave or if there's special mechanics that require a specific spec such as mind control etc.

Anyone who's played beta raids can give some insight?

Thanks

Has there been writeups on the bosses?

[e] Found this: http://www.worldofmoudi.com/legion-r...rald-nightmare
    Anymore?
    Last edited by Syncness; 2016-08-17 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncness View Post
    Doesn't seem to be much information on the bosses in the raids such as the type of fight, whether it's cleave, single target, messy cleave or if there's special mechanics that require a specific spec such as mind control etc.

Thanks

Anymore?
    Use word "AOE" instead "cleave". Cleaving is single targeting, and doing some dps to nearby enemys in the process (without doing aoe rotation). ie. you have priority target what needs to die fast. Like Iskar adds.

There are actually 0 purely single target fights on Mythic Emerald Nightmare

Even Nythendra has people getting mind controlled on Mythic. You break the MCs by doing damage to them.

I'm not sure why your saying there is not much information, dungeon journal has been out for months. There are testing logs of every single boss on Mythic you can look at on Warcraftlogs. There are also tons of videos of guilds doing Mythic testing on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammanas View Post

Even Nythendra has people getting mind controlled on Mythic. You break the MCs by doing damage to them.

I'm not sure why your saying there is not much information, dungeon journal has been out for months. There are testing logs of every single boss on Mythic you can look at on Warcraftlogs. There are also tons of videos of guilds doing Mythic testing on Youtube.
    It's my understanding that Nythendra is pretty damn close to pure single target. Your stacks never drop, so if anyone gets MC'd it better be near the end of the fight.

Deleted
    That's an extremely open ended question. Even in vanilla bosses weren't similar to each other. This subject is best dealt with boss to boss encounter to encounter.

Fatboss has some decent guides up.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Fatboss has some decent guides up.
    Sadly Fatboss seems to be missing a few videos of the Emerald Nightmare raid.

I've managed to find some videos of test fights on youtube, but there were as much high quality ones as I was expecting (definitely not as much as the 3rd poster says).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammanas View Post

isnt ursoc a pure ST fight?

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    isnt ursoc a pure ST fight?
    Have you looked at Journal? Journal shows models of 4-5 mobs I haven't read description of the fight yet though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mob1lejunkie View Post
    Have you looked at Journal? Journal shows models of 4-5 mobs I haven't read description of the fight yet though.
    actully havent looked at dungeons journal execpt for how the loot looks really.

Deleted
    Journal shows models of 4-5 mobs
    I don't see that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    I don't see that.
    just checked ingame and only model for ursoc in journal

The fight is pure ST on normal/hc, on mythic, the Nightmare Image that Ursoc leaves behind when he does his Roaring Cacophony animate, turning into smaller bears. When they die, they turn into the Nightmare Image again. So at some point you'll get plenty of them appear. It's somewhat like on Sha of Fear hc, except for that these have to be actually tanked.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    The fight is pure ST on normal/hc, on mythic, the Nightmare Image that Ursoc leaves behind when he does his Roaring Cacophony animate, turning into smaller bears. When they die, they turn into the Nightmare Image again. So at some point you'll get plenty of them appear. It's somewhat like on Sha of Fear hc, except for that these have to be actually tanked.
    Thanks for the explanation. I saw the models of trash and assumed they would be involved in all difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It's my understanding that Nythendra is pretty damn close to pure single target. Your stacks never drop, so if anyone gets MC'd it better be near the end of the fight.
    you get mc'd, you get broken free again -> 0 stacks again.
    If you're at like 7+ stacks you will intentionally go to 9, stand in the middle of the boss and wait for next tank-explosion which gives a raid-wide stacks, that way your mc'd in the middle of the boss and every accidentally cleave can hit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    you get mc'd, you get broken free again -> 0 stacks again.
    If you're at like 7+ stacks you will intentionally go to 9, stand in the middle of the boss and wait for next tank-explosion which gives a raid-wide stacks, that way your mc'd in the middle of the boss and every accidentally cleave can hit you.
    Are you sure it works that way? There's nothing in the dungeon journal that indicates getting MC'd removes your stacks. I figured you'd get MC'd again the next time the ability is cast.

what ability?
    Nythendra doesn't do any extra ability herself on mythic, you just get mc'd once you reach 10stacks, you get broken free by your allies and thats it.
    And i know that by doing raidtesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncness View Post

Thanks

Anymore?
    Haha. The fights are both on Youtube and in the ingame journal and you can't seem to find information. AHAHAHAHAHAHA.