Blood dk artifact path

Does anyone have a guide to the blood path been looking all over and haven't seen one Thanks.

why focus on Unending Thirst ?
    After the change (bonus applies after dmg), it's complete trash.

Quote Originally Posted by kurtbarlow View Post
    This path is not really focusing on the Majors, the minors are actually really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtbarlow View Post
    its more like, "im already here so why not take it" kinda thing since the first 3 are pretty good
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I'm thinking about going that way. Mostly for Mythic + dungeons tanking.

If you actually want survivability instead of...I guess DPS like the other people wanted, you should go http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...RkBEcARIQFTMBA

Skeletal Shattering is quite strong especially since Blood's 2nd (or arguable 1st) best stat is Crit. Picks up Vamp Fangs and Rattling bones along the way.

Blood Feast and Unending thirst do literally nothing. You will gain nothing out of them. They are bait traits and should be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    snip
    Wouldn't the +parry trait be a better choice to reach Skeletal Shattering? The blood plague trait was nerfed to half its value(+12% max rank).

Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    Blood Feast and Unending thirst do literally nothing. You will gain nothing out of them. They are bait traits and should be ignored.
    You're going to have to provide some proof. We have logs in the main thread from Kanj showing Marrowrends for +300k health relatively frequently.

Edit: It's on this page. Take a look at the logs yourself if you don't believe me.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post40983391

The only change since those logs were posted was the one that made the death strike damage apply before the blood shield so it didn't get the bonus. The leech part has remained unchanged.

Is there any protection mechanic against Unending Thirst being instantly disabled before the next GCD? (such as the buff lingering for an additional second or so)

Quote Originally Posted by Philondra View Post
    You're going to have to provide some proof. We have logs in the main thread from Kanj showing Marrowrends for +300k health relatively frequently.

Edit: It's on this page. Take a look at the logs yourself if you don't believe me.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post40983391

The only change since those logs were posted was the one that made the death strike damage apply before the blood shield so it didn't get the bonus. The leech part has remained unchanged.
    Read further in to the thread. Leech got removed too. UT is absolutey worthless.

Read further in to the thread. Leech got removed too. UT is absolutey worthless.
    I am unable to find this post, do you remember anything that'd make it easier to find?

Umbilicus Eternus is amazing, feels under focused in this thread

This will be the path I will take, I will explain why below:

postimg.org/image/4ufj9f6np/
    (not allowed to post image or link directly, if an admin can post this it would be awsome)

1: Umbilics Eternus, 1st Golden Perk
    - I will be going Mythics as soon as possible, and therfore I need more survivability. The absorb shield that absorbs all damage (vs blood shield form DS that absorbs only pysical) making this a godsend in mythics.
    - Dance of darkness gives a longer Runeweapon, with proper timing this will increase the effect of Umbillicus (refresh blood plauge 1sec before it ends)
    - Meat Shield increases the minimum heal from Death Strike

2: Blood Feast
    - First Mouth of Hell wil make Umbilicus 50% stronger
    - Heartstrike will be the ability to use the most outside of Marrowrend giving this a strong heal (especially in a AOE situation/trash)

3: Unending Thirst, 2nd golden perk
    - Damage of Death Strike will increase the Blood Shield absorb
    - The Leach form this is not as usfull as it sounds like:
    The Leech will be active as long as you have blood shield up, which will only be really affecive when taking only magical damage

4: Skeletal Shattering, 3rd Golden unlock
    - I choose to take the upper path because the bonuses form Vampiric Fangs and Grim Preseverance is more attractive then the lower path

5/6: Ratteling Bones/Veinrender
    - This is a bit unclear which will be more effective first, and will be based on how much healing Blood feast will do in total. But most likely I will go for Ratteling Bones first.

7: The rest
    - Self explanatory

Reasoning for Golden unlock path:
    The first 12 points (Iron heart) will cost less then 1k artifact power with Blood feast at 1k (point 13), after this the points for the artifact uppgrade will increase drastically (point 14 will cost 6840, baste on wow-head calculator). This alone should be reason enough to take this path.
    Unending Thirst is mostly based on the cheapest Golden unlock, making Shattering cost twice as much points -> effectively making it a "Golden unlock VS 1% parry"

Quote Originally Posted by Lichbones View Post
    This will be the path I will take, I will explain why below:

postimg.org/image/4ufj9f6np/
    (not allowed to post image or link directly, if an admin can post this it would be awsome)

1: Umbilics Eternus, 1st Golden Perk
    - I will be going Mythics as soon as possible, and therfore I need more survivability. The absorb shield that absorbs all damage (vs blood shield form DS that absorbs only pysical) making this a godsend in mythics.
    - Dance of darkness gives a longer Runeweapon, with proper timing this will increase the effect of Umbillicus (refresh blood plauge 1sec before it ends)

- Heartstrike will be the ability to use the most outside of Marrowrend giving this a strong heal (especially in a AOE situation/trash)

3: Unending Thirst, 2nd golden perk
    - Damage of Death Strike will increase the Blood Shield absorb
    - The Leach form this is not as usfull as it sounds like:
    The Leech will be active as long as you have blood shield up, which will only be really affecive when taking only magical damage

4: Skeletal Shattering, 3rd Golden unlock
    - I choose to take the upper path because the bonuses form Vampiric Fangs and Grim Preseverance is more attractive then the lower path

5/6: Ratteling Bones/Veinrender
    - This is a bit unclear which will be more effective first, and will be based on how much healing Blood feast will do in total. But most likely I will go for Ratteling Bones first.

7: The rest
    - Self explanatory

Reasoning for Golden unlock path:
    The first 12 points (Iron heart) will cost less then 1k artifact power with Blood feast at 1k (point 13), after this the points for the artifact uppgrade will increase drastically (point 14 will cost 6840, baste on wow-head calculator). This alone should be reason enough to take this path.
    Unending Thirst is mostly based on the cheapest Golden unlock, making Shattering cost twice as much points -> effectively making it a "Golden unlock VS 1% parry"

I agree with the thinking of this post as I was very much underwhelmed by the passiveness of Skeletal shattering on beta. Probably has something to do with its synergy with crit which we will have low amounts of post leveling and even into the first raids. It will be much more noticeable at the end of the expansion. While this may seem unsavory for passive lovers, take your survival in your own hands, its what DK's are meant to do.
    Last edited by Falaenx; 2016-08-25 at 08:27 PM.

Re: Lichbones:

You seem to be under a couple misconceptions, so let me try to dispel them for you.

Blood Plagues from Dancing Rune Weapon don't heal you. They heal the Dancing Rune Weapon. This trait has no effect on Umbilicus Eternus.

You can't have it both ways. If you need extra survivability, then you certainly don't care much about the minimum heal from Death Strike. Additionally, the minimum heal is 10% of your health pool. Increasing your stamina by 1% increases the minimum amount of your Death Strike by 0.1%. If you want the stamina, then just come out and say you want the stamina--don't pretend like an extra 0.1% Death Strike heal at a point in time where you don't need much Death Strike healing is something important.

We've already established the lack of DRW/UE synergy.

Heart Strike is not a "strong heal" under any circumstances. We've got mythic testing logs from several months ago, and the best numbers they show for Blood Feast are around 4%--and that's with a fully-fleshed out artifact before the suite of Heart Strike nerfs we've had--to the base ability, the trait boosting Heart Strike damage, and the raw healing from Blood Feast itself. Furthermore, without traits that let us Heart Strike more, this trait is even weaker.

B]5/6: Ratteling Bones/Veinrender[/B]
    It's not unclear. At all. Rattling Bones is probably the best non-gold trait we have, because it helps smooth out our Bone Shield generation, enabling us to get in more Heart Strikes. It's the entire reason for the image Khrux posted above, in which we take the middle-right path down to Unendying Thirst and then head along the bottom left to Umbilicus Eternus--which, by the way, is the correct path to take the artifact.

Many good points that I will take too heart and look more closer into, I will most certanly rethink my approch.

Thank you very much!

leech only got halfed
    so instead of 300k its probably 150k
    still would take UE over SS any day though
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

vampiric fangs -> rattling bones -> blood feast -> skeletal shattering -> dance of darkness -> mouth of hell -> umbilicus eternus -> whatever you want