Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Nope. Times have changed. The old Republican party is dead.
    This... doesn't really answer my questions. You said the only damage Trump could do would be to the 'liberal agenda' or some phrasing of that. I'll simplify, you don't believe Trump is capable of taking any action which would have a negative impact on any conservatives?

Can you name a President candidate who kept 100% of their campaign promises?
    Well if while campaigning he says he will deport 11 million illegals and then says he won't deport 11 million illegals, by default he has done what he promised whichever route he takes. It's a win-win. Solid strategy. He's a very smart person. I know because he told me several times.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2016-08-22 at 07:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Times have changed. The old Republican party is dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on Batman, I never said I would vote for him no matter what he does. Do not exaggerate. That is what your arch enemy Trump does. lol!
    He's lied a lot, said a lot that goes against the middle class and blue collar, flip flopped on nearly every single issue. It's been pointed out. People including yourself have said your reason for voting for Trump is that Hillary lies, or that Hillary flip flops, or that they like his policies, but Trump lies a lot more, flip flops about a hundred times more, doesn't hold to his "conservative policies" or values at all.

So from my perspective, some people are voting for him no matter what they say, because their reasons for not voting for Hillary, or voting for Trump over Hillary, are flimsy or just straight up wrong. There's seemingly zero logic behind any of the reasoning given behind voting for him. The closest thing I've seen to the truth from anyone is "I'm voting for him because he's on the Republican ticket".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

There is a difference between a president promising something and not keep promises once they are president but when a candidate flips what they promised between the general and nominee election it usually impacts them negatively and they traditionally suffer in the run for president.

Basically kicking out Mexicans polls well among republicans during the nomination vote but now that he has your vote he may promise amnesty to Latinos to get the votes he needs to win, then the question is 'which group did he lie to?' and once he is president would you be angry to find out that he lied to your group?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Well I'm sure they would keep their campaign promises if they weren't being cock blocked by congress every step of the way.
    I do not disagree with that. People seem to not fully understand that a President is not a all power dictator. He has to work with many different things to get their agendas put into actions. And a lot of them never do become reality. Does not mean they have a powerless position however. They do wield some power for sure. Esp. in terms of appointments for the Supreme Court, which is really where the power is centered.

Nope, but Trump isn't like other candidates. He's a straight shooter who tells the truth, even if folks don't want to hear it. You can believe him because he's not beholden to the establishment or the corporations. So why would he change his messaging/policies when he's been doing so well during the primaries!? He's already going to win, so why does he need to support amnesty for those raping, murdering, drug selling illegals? He doesn't need those whiney, sissy liberals to back him!

(if you couldn't tell, I'm sarcastically imitating a stereotypical Trump supporter to a certain extent)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    This... doesn't really answer my questions. You said the only damage Trump could do would be to the 'liberal agenda' or some phrasing of that. I'll simplify, you don't believe Trump is capable of taking any action which would have a negative impact on any conservatives?

Well if while campaigning he says he will deport 11 million illegals and then says he won't deport 11 million illegals, by default he has done what he promised whichever route he takes. It's a win-win. Solid strategy. He's a very smart person. I know because he told me several times.
    Hillary is a far more threat to conservative issues than Trump is.

Hehe. One way to look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    He's lied a lot, said a lot that goes against the middle class and blue collar, flip flopped on nearly every single issue. It's been pointed out. People including yourself have said your reason for voting for Trump is that Hillary lies, or that Hillary flip flops, or that they like his policies, but Trump lies a lot more, flip flops about a hundred times more, doesn't hold to his "conservative policies" or values at all.

So from my perspective, some people are voting for him no matter what they say, because their reasons for not voting for Hillary, or voting for Trump over Hillary, are flimsy or just straight up wrong. There's seemingly zero logic behind any of the reasoning given behind voting for him. The closest thing I've seen to the truth from anyone is "I'm voting for him because he's on the Republican ticket".
    Our perspectives can be wrong. What you consider is just as bad as what Hillary has done is not something many would agree with. Her corruption goes beyond just exaggerations, boasting, insulting, etc. She deserves to be in jail,not running for President.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-08-22 at 07:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I kind of figured that dealing with the illegal situation in some way was a HUGE part of Trump's platform which attracted a lot of people to him. If he's granting amnesty, and basically has gone back on every single other "Republican value" that people are voting for him for (he has) then I just wonder why they're voting for him.

No president has kept 100% of their promises, Obama's record is about 70% which is a lot better than most. But not keeping your biggest campaign promise I'd think would be a huge mark against him for those who think the illegal situation in the US is dire.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nope, but Trump isn't like other candidates. He's a straight shooter who tells the truth, even if folks don't want to hear it. You can believe him because he's not beholden to the establishment or the corporations. So why would he change his messaging/policies when he's been doing so well during the primaries!? He's already going to win, so why does he need to support amnesty for those raping, murdering, drug selling illegals? He doesn't need those whiney, sissy liberals to back him!

(if you couldn't tell, I'm sarcastically imitating a stereotypical Trump supporter to a certain extent)
    Hehe. I only wish you were right that he is going to win. I do not share the opinion of the Trump supporters who say he will win. But seriously, the shift on deporting so many illegals is not going to hurt him. It will, if anything, help him. He does need more support. The polls clearly show that.

- - - Updated - - -

Our perspectives can be wrong. What you consider is just as bad as what Hillary has done is not something many would agree with. Her corruption goes beyond just exaggerations, boasting, insulting, etc. She deserves to be jail,not running for President.
    When asked by during a debate to define conservatism he said, ""Conservatism means ... to conserve ... your wealth".

When asked of Rubio, ""Conservatism means limited government, free enterprise, and a strong national defense."

later when asked by Fox news debate he answered, "I love that word, conservatism, its all in the word conserve, I want to conserve my money.... your money."
    And guess which one answered correctly? The one who is actually a conservative?

You would think a guy who has been running for a year might be made to sit down and remember that simple sentence, especially since his opponents had been repeating it nonstop for a year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our perspectives can be wrong. What you consider is just as bad as what Hillary has done is not something many would agree with. Her corruption goes beyond just exaggerations, boasting, insulting, etc. She deserves to be jail,not running for President.
    Why not say she deserves to be trialed? Because the things that Republicans say she's done that she deserves to be in jail for are... not illegal in any way. You have to prove she's done something illegal. The email stuff? The quote from the director of the FBI said there was evidence that they might be able to bring a trial against her. Not that there was evidence she'd done something illegal for sure.

Saying she deserves to be in jail completely ignores our constitution, the right to due process.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Most major news networks won't make grandiose claims for fear of being wrong, being sued or "worse" losing viewership. It's easy to label something as a conspiracy theory when 'A doctor says she's fine" so she must be!
    Actually, most major news networks would kill to have a scoop on something substantial about a major candidate if there was actually data to back it up. All of these conspiracies are easily debunked.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of figured that dealing with the illegal situation in some way was a HUGE part of Trump's platform which attracted a lot of people to him. If he's granting amnesty, and basically has gone back on every single other "Republican value" that people are voting for him for (he has) then I just wonder why they're voting for him.

No president has kept 100% of their promises, Obama's record is about 70% which is a lot better than most. But not keeping your biggest campaign promise I'd think would be a huge mark against him for those who think the illegal situation in the US is dire.
    If that is true, then you should feel pretty confident now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

A lot of his current supporters are frankly racists and this will not play well with them if it's true (and to be frank I have a hard time believing that it is true). There will be some of his supporters who act like Baghdad Bob every time he opens his mouth regardless of their previous spoutings and praise it. However a lot will not.

The notion that if true this will cause Latino's to all of a sudden say. "Holy shit, Trump promised an amnesty I am going to vote for him" after a year of his vile nonsense is beyond ludicrous. He won't get them and a large group of his current supporters will abandon him. Once again giving credence to the theory that he doesn't actually want to win.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not say she deserves to be trialed? Because the things that Republicans say she's done that she deserves to be in jail for are... not illegal in any way. You have to prove she's done something illegal. The email stuff? The quote from the director of the FBI said there was evidence that they might be able to bring a trial against her. Not that there was evidence she'd done something illegal for sure.

Saying she deserves to be in jail completely ignores our constitution, the right to due process.
    Good point. I concede. I will stop using should be in jail, but should be tried for mishandling classified information dealing with National Security.

Of course where I use to work, had I did the same thing, there would not have been a trial. I would have been fired as a min. Only a trial if I was going to be prosecuted.

But then, should a person who did something which was bad enough you would be fired from a Government position be allowed to run for President?
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-08-22 at 07:27 PM.

Fair enough, but that wasn't what you originally said

But when it comes to Trump and his policies I honestly believe the only policy he actually has is "I want to be President." Past that I have no idea, he's just a spray-tanned noise machine. With Hillary she can fib about this or that but you know at the end of the day she's going to fall somewhere in the ballpark of the general Democratic consensus. At the end of the day Democrats at least have a general idea of what they're getting, is more the point. Trump is a big ole bag of Whothefuckknows.

I bet Hillary could at least rattle off all of the things that Conservatives stand for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    A lot of his current supporters are frankly racists and this will not play well with them if it's true (and to be frank I have a hard time believing that it is true). There will be some of his supporters who act like Baghdad Bob every time he opens his mouth regardless of their previous spoutings and praise it. However a lot will not.

The notion that if true this will cause Latino's to all of a sudden say. "Holy shit, Trump promised an amnesty I am going to vote for him" after a year of his vile nonsense is beyond ludicrous. He won't get them and a large group of his current supporters will abandon him. Once again giving credence to the theory that he doesn't actually want to win.
    Well it may be along the lines of someone in his campaign whispered it, he didn't officially say it so the xenophobes can't hold him responsible and maybe a couple of illegals might believe it is possible. Other than that, I can't say any of this makes any sense from a perspective of trying to win the white house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Fair enough, but that wasn't what you originally said

But when it comes to Trump and his policies I honestly believe the only policy he actually has is "I want to be President." Past that I have no idea, he's just a spray-tanned noise machine. With Hillary she can fib about this or that but you know at the end of the day she's going to fall somewhere in the ballpark of the general Democratic consensus. At the end of the day Democrats at least have a general idea of what they're getting, is more the point. Trump is a big ole bag of Whothefuckknows.
    I am not always good at making myself clear at times. So your point is correct.

I take it then, you are not voting for him? Because if you really feel that way about him, I sure as hell wouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Hillary is far more of a conservative than Trump is.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I'd say Hillary is far more of a conservative than Trump is.
    Hehe. Far more? I will disagree then. The stances he has are more conservative than hers are in my opinion. The appointment of conservative judges to SCOTUS is a extremely important thing in how much it will impact conservative values in this country for generations to come.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I bet Hillary could at least rattle off all of the things that Conservatives stand for.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it may be along the lines of someone in his campaign whispered it, he didn't officially say it so the xenophobes can't hold him responsible and maybe a couple of illegals might believe it is possible. Other than that, I can't say any of this makes any sense from a perspective of trying to win the white house.
    The only thing that makes even the slightest sense is that this is supposed to placate some more moderate GOP's to vote for him. But if he thinks he isn't being judged on his entire body of work he is once again delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF? Is this a sign of the end times? Roger Stone, vile political operative and purveyor of political dirty tricks, thinks Donald should release his taxes.

Roger Stone: Trump “Should Release His Tax Returns Immediately”
    The longtime Trump adviser said the Republican nominee is making a mistake by not doing so.

Roger Stone, a longtime adviser to Republican nominee Donald Trump, said on Monday that Trump should immediately release his tax returns to the public.
    Asked on the Fernand Amandi Show on 610 WIOD Miami radio if he thought Trump was making a mistake by not releasing his tax records, Stone replied, “Yes, I think he should release his tax returns immediately.”

The businessman has been under increasing pressure from Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton to release his tax returns, after Clinton released her 2015 return on August 12 and amid persistent doubts that Trump really holds a personal net worth of $10 billion, as he claims.

Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said on Sunday that Trump would not release his tax returns until an IRS audit is complete, though he is not prevented by law from releasing his returns while an audit is ongoing.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christopher...A3N#.trRWQzA0K
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers