Poll: What should the fate of Suramar be?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    the quests in suramar say otherwise, their transformation into a wretched beast aka nightfallen too, same with the mana crazy lay line sucking nightborne in azsuna.

they are worse than crystal math addicts on steroids.
    take a closer look, the quest sdo not once tell you they are addicted, the situation is explained as they are starving - they now can only ingest arcwine - the quests tell you why that is the case. The city ran out of food, they came up with a way to convert the nightwell's energy/substance into an ingestible form, they called that arcwine.

unknown to them, the corruption in the nightwell over time has led to their bodies rejecting any other form of sustenance. This is not an addiction any more than you would call needing food an addiction. If they don't have arcwine, they wither and die, their bodies becoming corrupt, essentially starving.

Not once are you told they are addicted, players jsut jump to that conclusion, because the withered crave mana like the Wretched do, and don't pay attention tot he story - watching too many streams from beta testers who care more about the cool loots and moves than what's actually really going on.

The nightborne will become corrupt if they don't take arcwine, if they don't have their own food. the blood elves become wretched if they over-indulge and give in to their addictions, it's the opposite of what the blood elves have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    take a closer look, the quest sdo not once tell you they are addicted, the situation is explained as they are starving - they now can only ingest arcwine - the quests tell you why that is the case. The city ran out of food, they came up with a way to convert the nightwell's energy/substance into an ingestible form, they called that arcwine.

unknown to them, the corruption in the nightwell over time has led to their bodies rejecting any other form of sustenance. This is not an addiction any more than you would call needing food an addiction. If they don't have arcwine, they wither and die, their bodies becoming corrupt, essentially starving.

Not once are you told they are addicted, players jsut jump to that conclusion, because the withered crave mana like the Wretched do, and don't pay attention tot he story - watching too many streams from beta testers who care more about the cool loots and moves than what's actually really going on.

The nightborne will become corrupt if they don't take arcwine, if they don't have their own food. the blood elves become wretched if they over-indulge and give in to their addictions, it's the opposite of what the blood elves have.
    ye, i read it up on wowpedia.
    my bad.
    should pay more attention to the quest text.

watching too many streams from beta testers who care more about the cool loots and moves than what's actually really going on.
    i have the beta myself...
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-08-23 at 01:33 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post

i have the beta myself...
    are you one of those streamers?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    won't you prefer it to become like a blood elf capital? The blood elves move to Suramar? or the high elves get a city?
    Why would the Blood Elves even want to do that? They just recently took their land back from the Scourge, repaired a big part of Silvermoon City and restored the Sunwell... They don't have any reason to leave all of that behind.

won't you prefer it to become like a blood elf capital? The blood elves move to Suramar? or the high elves get a city?
    Yup, I would prefer a horde-only (blood elven) zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Why would the Blood Elves even want to do that? They just recently took their land back from the Scourge, repaired a big part of Silvermoon City and restored the Sunwell... They don't have any reason to leave all of that behind.
    cos I like the blood elves, and I prefer white elves to black elves (I'm not racist) , I just think they're prettier - nightborne are cool n al, night elves ve cool stuff, but they're not as pretty as the blood elves - i'm just not a huge darkness fan that's all, but it's cool they're not all evil too.

Would be cool if the blood elves got to occupy Suramar City until blizzard can give them something like this in game

After this, then the night/black/dark elves and their ilk can get the city back.. but that's just personal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    indeed, and they do have some claim to it, they're highborne

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    Perhaps. I also see a lot of people make the misconception that Nightborne are Night Elves.
    no they don't, I think you mis-understand what they mean. When they say they are night elves they simply mean they are elves of the night, that's actually what night elves mean, they don't necessarily mean they are part of the Kaldorei kalimdor elves.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Nightborne
    night elves never called themselves night elves - no one would - like this wiki article says - humans would never call themselves day humans, it's just silly, the reason they are called night elves is because we play from a human perspective and a group of elves, the high elves were the first group known, so when another group was found, they were loosely called by their most defining characteristic, that they are a night based elven group.

This is true for the night elves, the highborne and the nightborne - they are all night elves to humans and the rest of azeroth, but they are not the same the species. Related, but not the same. Just like jungle trolls are not Zandalari, related, but not the same, different species of troll, so too are nightborne different type of night elf or elf of the night.

It's not complicated. The name the night elves of Kalimdor call themselves by are the Kal'dorei. It's likely both the highborne and the nightborne also consider themselves Kal'dorei but they don't consider themselves the same as Darnassian elves. They are Quel'dorei and Shal'dorei - and each group likely considers it self truly Kal'dorei.

It's clear that the nightborne and the normal night elves are not the exact same, it's also clear they are quite similar too afterall they are elves, and off the same culture. nightborne didn't stop night elf culture, they continued it in the sundering vein. Night elves of kalimdor did not, they changed to a new culture, but because they are also night elves that became the new kal'doreei culture.

It's not confusing at all, you don't consider them the same people exactly, they are not culturally or physcially, despite their shared roots, but they are off course quite related and linked, the nightborne culture unlike the blood elf culture is very much the night elven arcane culture, it hasn't changed in them.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see the story continued, so I voted quest hub -- that is, I'd like to see the quests evolve and change with the expansion. Although I am not sure what you mean by "Sanctuary". No faction fighting on pvp servers? That doesn't affect me as I don't play on pvp servers, but it seems odd.

7+ Year Old Account
    are you one of those streamers?
    no, if i was a streamer i would advertise my shit in my sig.

Formerly known as Arafal

really? so as soon as something of the night elves is nice and pretty you want it to be blood elf? where were you when the lore was telling you about the amazing night elven pre-sundering civilization and its cities? probably couldn't give a toss, until they actually design one these cities and put it in the game and now you're like ooh ahh, it should be blood elven - it's a night elf thing

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    yeah, fat chance, let the night elves get some love, they shouldn't keep being definted byt he blood elves or having the blood elves showing up every time something new about them is given - blood elves got demon hunters - and they've been doing some great feats since their bullseye focus in TBC - nightobrne are the story of the night elves of Suramar, the ones that stayed in the city, and now for the first time the ones that left to fight Azshara, get to meet their loved ones and family they thought dead and lost.. it's entirely their affair

Would be cool if the blood elves got to occupy Suramar City until blizzard can give them something like this in game
    https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow...l%27Thalas.jpg

After this, then the night/black/dark elves and their ilk can get the city back.. but that's just personal.

indeed, and they do have some claim to it, they're highborne
    only after both the nightborne and the night elves are dead, then the blood elves would have a claim. remember the nightborne are the night elven denizens of Suramar that have evolved a bit more from the normal form ..and the night elves largely come from that city.

The blood elves are descended from the Zin'Azshari highborne - theesee were the palace highborne who were working with Azshara to open up the portal for more powerful demons to invade Azeroth, remember until they started turning elves to satyr by force was the last straw, Dath'remar's group was sabotaging the portal spell in stealth, frustrating their efforts in subtle ways as they were part of the highborne group working on it, they then meet with Tyrande and leave. His group are who become the high elves then blood elves.

So no, it would not be cool if the blood elves had Suramar city, they dont need it, they don't need the nightwell, that's the night elf thing

Many brothels, I will have much mana and those sexy sexy lil junkies... yum.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

no they don't, I think you mis-understand what they mean.
    No, I am not misunderstanding. Nightborne were a group of Highborne elves that after 10,000 years of the Nightwell's influence have became a different race. If you do not consider the Nightborne different from Night Elves, then you must think Dark Trolls are the same as Night Elves, since their only difference is a few thousand years of the Well of Eternity's influence to transform and evolve them, right?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wait a moment, are you asking what will happen to Suramar in lore or in game? In lore probably our Nightfallen allies will take control on the city, they already have many supporters there. In game nothing will change (why would it change?) and major story will shift to next zone.

No, I am not misunderstanding. Nightborne were a group of Highborne elves that after 10,000 years of the Nightwell's influence have became a different race. If you do not consider the Nightborne different from Night Elves, then you must think Dark Trolls are the same as Night Elves, since their only difference is a few thousand years of the Well of Eternity's influence to transform and evolve them, right?
    I consider nightborne different from the night elves, but still very much night elven, and night elf (in description) - night elf is both a description and a race name. actually technically Kal'dorei is the race name, but as they were the only type of night elves we knew, they called them night elves, with the nightborne in existence now, the kal'dorei are not the only kind of night elf, we now have the shal'dorei. And they are not Kal'dorei, they are Shal'dorei, a different race of night elf.

ok, if you say so, but night elves aren't trolls, and nightborne are elves, dark skinned elves like the night elves, night based elves too, they a just a different type of night based elf, one based off of the night elves, an off shoot of night elves that still in the night elf vein , but whatever you say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Wait a moment, are you asking what will happen to Suramar in lore or in game? In lore probably our Nightfallen allies will take control on the city, they already have many supporters there. In game nothing will change (why would it change?) and major story will shift to next zone.
    yes, I'm hoping so too, but now Elisande is not dead and actually joins us, what will that mean and how will that work out? I wonder.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-08-23 at 09:11 PM.

and nightborne are elves, dark skinned elves like the night elves,
    And Blood Elves are light skinned Night Elves, but we certainly classify them as different. If the Nightborne were Night Elves then they would be called so, but they are not. Night Elf =/= Nightborne. End of discussion.

And Blood Elves are light skinned Night Elves, but we certainly classify them as different. If the Nightborne were Night Elves then they would be called so, but they are not. Night Elf =/= Nightborne. End of discussion.
    don't be daft, night elf just doesn't only mean Kal'dorei any longer, it now also means Shal'dorei. What is night elf anyway? it's simply a night based elf. Kal'dorei is the name of the race, and until we met with the shald'dorei, night based elves only came in 1 variety, kal'dorei, now they come in kal'dorei and shal'dorei, nad the two a have a shared past.

the defintion of night elf is upgraded, it remains to be seen if nightborne wouldbe playable as aseparate race or a sub-race, but I suspect blizzard wasn't intending them to be elves of the day or they would have made them such. if you are using night elf to mean ka'ldorei, i.e. to mean the hyjal group that look like tyrande/malfurion then nightborne are not night elves, they are not those night elves. But if you are using them to mean simply elves of the night, then they certainly are.

it's not hard Kay.

don't be daft, night elf just doesn't only mean Kal'dorei any longer,
    It has only meant, and still only means, Night Elf. "Don't be daft."

I am not discussing this with you any longer. I can lead you to the truth, but you refuse to accept it. Not my fault, and I am done wasting my time on a lame horse.

I don't want it to become a Karabor or Bladspire. An empty city that we never went back to after finishing the few levelling quests at the beginning of WoD.

It has only meant, and still only means, Night Elf. "Don't be daft."

I am not discussing this with you any longer. I can lead you to the truth, but you refuse to accept it. Not my fault, and I am done wasting my time on a lame horse.
    I didn't mean to be insulting don't get offended, we use terms like that over here, more playfully than intentionally.

Night Elf and night elf would mean something slightly different. The first is common tongue name given to the ones who call themselves Kal'dorei. The second is just a descriptive noun of nocturnal elves or elves of the night, we say night elf instead of saying elf of the night.

the wiki helps us out here. think of it this way, no one would call themselves day human or night human. ofc not. you call yourself human, if you meet a group of humans that are different by a clearly identifiable trait like skin colour ( you might say black human or blacks) or sleeping pattern, you might say night human.

The humans or high elves would have been the ones to give the kal'dorei the term Night Elf in common to distinguish them between the high elves who were the elves they knew, therefore the new ones are nocturnal so hence night elf which was both descriptive and identifying, as their was only one group of night elf known at the time and they were a nation. The race calls itself Kal'dorei and accepts that this is Night Elf in the common. However night elf is simply any nocturnal elf, which will extend to the Highborne (Quel'dorei) and the Nightborne (Shal'dorei), which are other subsequent nocturnal elves, nightborne being an evolved version genetically but still of the night.

Nightborne are not Night Elves but
    Nightborne are night elves.

Don't they teach this stuff in sociology or anthropology or history any longer?