15+ Year Old Account
    I really want to play a pure 1.0-2.4 with the exact same patch timing from 2004-2008 sans 3.0. What I wouldn't give.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice for Blizzard to find a way to release Vanilla progression servers that go into BC over time. It would be better if they remastered certain aspects of the game and made the raids harder in general. As someone who was lv 60 and raiding on Nost, I don't just wish for official Vanilla servers but rather for there to be more added to the game if it were re-released. Add an extra zone, add more quests, make more specs viable, and most importantly make the raids ten times harder since everyone knows the encounters as is.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    What patch are you referring to? The one where only 1 spec of hunter was competitive at all? The patch where pets were a liability in raids because they died to AoE (no 90% damage reduction of AoE for them)? The patch where you had to make your pet happy? I had hunters complain after a full night of progression that they had to keep their pets, or lose 20% damage because happiness had gone down so much from dying.

Would you like to go back to WoW 1.0.0 where hunters didn't have talents at all?
    No, times weren't perfect then. Yes, I had to carry stacks and stacks of arrows and pet food into Molten Core. Back then warriors had no ranged attack so my regular job was to pull the instance to our MT, and it was a freaking blast to do. But the class was fun to play. It continued being fun to play all the way to WoD - some of the removals at WoD's release felt bad. But now... it doesn't even feel like the same class.

I've played this class through thick and thin, buffs and nerfs, focus and mana and all the things that got changed over the years, running around in AGI & INT gear (of the falcon was where it was at), crafting arrows every week before raids, carrying stacks of the right pet food, pulling Molten Core in a wedding dress in case I got one-shot before I FD'ed at the tank, and every expansion since with all the endless changes.

I've been a BM hunter since November 2004 and it just feels gutted. I'm not even sure what makes BM unique from MM except 1) you can't talent out of using a pet as BM and 2) you can use spirit beasts for cosmetic pet looks where MM can't, and 3) you at least have some control over your targets right now, which MM kind of doesn't (MM is some kind of unfortunate scatter shot style weirdness).

No, a lot of even the cosmetic things that made you feel non-cookie-cutter that had been added over the years are gutted now. For example, your Stampede using pets from your own stable. That was unique. No two hunters had the same stable. But, it's gone, in favor of what looks like shadowy squirrels and monkeys.

So anyway, yes, I'd happily go play the class on any kind of pre-Legion server, because I enjoyed many of its iterations. Until this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    Daaaaamn people are still going ham on this. Y'all need to calm donw.
    I guess you missed the boat 6 years ago. It's been going on that long.

Thread: What if Blizzard Open Up Vanilla and TBC WoW Server!
    2010-04-29, 10:00 PM

Heres is one of and Idea I got earlier this day when I was Doing MC whit My 80's rogue (btw it was just so easy that I did not enjoy killing ragnaros whit only 8ppl in my raid when it was once a 40's ppl raid.. well)

So I think about something blizzard could come up whit..
    They should Open Vanilla and TBC Server.. you know like top lvl is 60 and Whit Old spell/Talent/Buff/Class Etc..
    And a TBC Server to.. Plus whit the New Communication service (aka. battle.net) you could still talk whit your Cata friends (sounds bad to my ears but w/e) or chat whit you TBC friends.. etc..

What you guys think of this Idea ??! cause I dont actually see any problem that could really come whit this aren't you all agreed??! If some ppl can Make Private Server whit Old Content already Im pretty Sure Blizzard could Run More servers and Bring back a lots of People to theirs game and when I said a Lots its a Lot.. and whit this they wont never lose ppls (exept if they quit only to quit LoL) ! If they Do that I will make a character on each of those servers for sure!!!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/713552-What-if-Blizzard-Open-Up-Vanilla-and-TBC-WoW-Server!

Too bad Blizzard kept dropping the ball on this project, allowing hobbyists to recreate servers to show Blizzard how stuff gets done. I guess Blizzard was too busy throwing launch parties for Cataclysm, drinking, and patting each other on the bum for a job well done. Gratz guys. Gratz. Out. Standing. Cataclysm.

Blizzard takes down private servers to protect a version of their game that no longer exists, no longer playable. They even mention they can't find the old source code. I guess it's all to deflect interest, while blaming sloppiness on their employees for losing the code. Shameful, since employees signed a non-disclosure and can't defend themselves.

Interest never wavered, good poster. It's been there for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Interest never wavered, good poster. It's been there for years.
    Oh wow a 4 page thread with plenty of sarcasm and people saying no and for the OP to move on. That thread was going the same direction this thread has. Funny that. Still no Vanilla servers either. Hmm..

Maybe there is something to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Played the server myself. Had 10-30ms latency on wifi and it ran fine. Nobody is pretending that the server was perfect. You are just blowing shit out of proportion.
    you either had the server hosted on your PC or you are lying. 10 MS on magnos, lol , it's like those jokers who "had 100 ms on wowemu"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh wow a 4 page thread with plenty of sarcasm and people saying no and for the OP to move on. That thread was going the same direction this thread has. Funny that. Still no Vanilla servers either. Hmm..

/shrug

It was hammered constantly on the official forums at that point already, hence the sarcasm for the "new idea".

I guess you didn't see the forums back then, my guess.

People didn't like the changes, and spoke up, even then. Anyone pretending this is a new topic is living in LAH-LAH land.

/shrug

It was hammered constantly on the official forums at that point already, hence the sarcasm for the "new idea".

I guess you didn't see the forums back then, my guess.

People didn't like the changes, and spoke up, even then. Anyone pretending this is a new topic is living in LAH-LAH land.
    I saw mmo champs forums back then, this account is only from 2012 only because I forgot my original accounts info (which I remembered much later) and decided to just stick with this one as my other one mostly just lurked. I've posted off and on on the official forums since Vanilla but stopped mostly when they changed over the forums and deleted all the old stuff.

People didn't like the idea back then and even years before that thread was around. It is an idea met with plenty of resistance for good reasons.

Deleted
    the only thing from mmoc "back then" which i remember is Wotlk hate. lots of it.
    but on topic: from nostralius "meeting" with blizzard came as expected: nothing. this is sadly a topic which will never die, even though it would be better for all of us if it would die.

I saw mmo champs forums back then, this account is only from 2012 only because I forgot my original accounts info (which I remembered much later) and decided to just stick with this one as my other one mostly just lurked. I've posted off and on on the official forums since Vanilla but stopped mostly when they changed over the forums and deleted all the old stuff.

People didn't like the idea back then and even years before that thread was around. It is an idea met with plenty of resistance for good reasons.
    Massive churn happened, never-the-less, regardless of how many were vocally against Legacy. The majority-silent simply left.

"There are more people that played World of Warcraft but no longer play World of Warcraft than currently play World of Warcraft"
    (http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Update?page=5) (circa Cataclysm)

Essentially more than 10 million quit, leaving 10 million paying subscribers when that Blue made the quote.

Ironic comment, since Cataclysm began a point of faltering interest, also when Blizzard was publicly belittling actual interest in Legacy. Some people didn't like it, but others did. Have statistics to back your inferred reasoning that people didn't have interest?

It was met with resistance, sure, but also positive ideas to facilitate the idea came forth.

Just because the majority left, leaving only the vocal-minority to poo-poo the idea, does not make the concept of Legacy irrelevant .. then, or now.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-08-23 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is still a conversation that people are having? damn dude
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    this is still a conversation that people are having? damn dude
    Nostalgia is a powerful thing.
    Pros and cons to the whole legacy server thing, but I doubt Blizzard will ever introduce them.

I bet Blizzard is talking very closely with their parent company activision on how the Call of Duty Infinite Warfare/COD4 remake bundle works. If it proves that remaking a 10 year old game helps with cod sales this year then I'm sure activision will push it down through blizzard and we have a solid chance of legacy servers, likely following a similar buy the current game + pay an additional fee for the legacy server bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by krishums View Post
    I bet Blizzard is talking very closely with their parent company activision on how the Call of Duty Infinite Warfare/COD4 remake bundle works. If it proves that remaking a 10 year old game helps with cod sales this year then I'm sure activision will push it down through blizzard and we have a solid chance of legacy servers, likely following a similar buy the current game + pay an additional fee for the legacy server bundle.
    Threads all over the interwebs are not clamoring for a remake of COD IF / COD4 bundle. You tried to think outside the box, but you left the building instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe.

This one you might find interesting.

I get that you dislike the concept of Legacy. The concept has been around for awhile but you still hate it, citing other people hate it too.

Welcome to reality.

THE BLIZZARD RANT
    JonTronShow
    Published on Apr 10, 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzT8UzO1zGQ

98% thumbs up.

I guess not everyone feels as you do. I'm sorry too.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-08-23 at 03:00 AM.

Threads all over the interwebs are not clamoring for a remake of COD IF / COD4 bundle. You tried to think outside the box, but you left the building instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe.

This one you might find interesting.

I get that you dislike the concept of Legacy. The concept has been around for awhile but you still hate it, citing other people hate it too.

Welcome to reality.

THE BLIZZARD RANT
    JonTronShow
    Published on Apr 10, 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzT8UzO1zGQ

98% thumbs up.

I guess not everyone feels as you do. I'm sorry too.
    *yawn* Oh look you link a video from a popular youtuber. And how many views do his other videos get? Oh look his rant about 'the skateboard kid' which was a month after the blizzard rant got even MORE views. The Disney Bootleg video? 2 months old just shy of 5mil views. Know what this means? He gets a lot of views no matter what the fuck he is talking about.

I guess not everyone feels the same as you do. I'm sorry too.

Btw. Welcome to reality with no Vanilla.

Haha damn man I can't stop laughing at this. You REALLY think that video made some sort of difference? Too bad he didn't rant and tie it into Disney somehow, he'd have got more views.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2016-08-23 at 03:45 AM.

Haha damn man I can't stop laughing at this. You REALLY think that video made some sort of difference? Too bad he didn't rant and tie it into Disney somehow, he'd have got more views.
    Your suppression that Legacy isn't being talked about can't be held forever.

Up to 10 Million fans who played original WoW, yet no longer do, who quit during Cataclysm -- these people can't be silenced forever.

As mentioned I get your resistance movement, to keep Blizzard budget only within current WoW, so it can stagnate for personal self-entitled needs, instead of diversifying. However, people know about former WoW and are interested.

If Nostalrius was still live after all this publicity, it would have surpassed current active "live" WoW subscribers. You think I joke. I guess all the reddit posts are done by some huge youtuber too. And the blogs all over the web.

Blizzard shut it down because it would become bigger than themselves. Catch-22 though - after shutting down it would have been bigger. But it would only become bigger after it shut down. Nevertheless, Blizzard saw it as a threat - WONDER WHY?
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-08-23 at 04:04 AM.

Your suppression that Legacy isn't being talked about can't be held forever.

Up to 10 Million fans who played original WoW, yet no longer do, who quit during Cataclysm -- these people can't be silenced forever.

As mentioned I get the resistance movement, to keep Blizzard budget only within current WoW, so it can stagnate for personal self-entitled needs, instead of diversifying. However, people know about former WoW and are interested.

If Nostalrius was still live after all this publicity, it would have surpassed current active "live" WoW subscribers. You think I joke. I guess all the reddit posts are done by some huge youtuber too. And the blogs all over the web.
    Where did I say "Your suppression that Legacy isn't being talked about can't be held forever."? All I am saying is that you think 3 million views on a youtuber that gets MORE than that on other subjects that have been out for LESS time is some sort of important measuring stick.

Haha If Nost was still live it would have ha more 'active' live players? Yeah I think we're done here. You are wasting my time now. You can't be reasoned with and you ignore simple things such as JonTron having more viewers on topics that haven't even been out as long as the Blizzard one. Don't bother replying to me further, I won't be wasting more of my time on you. Goodbye.

Deleted
    How much did you guys got for the ubrs key? or open the door for groups?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna quote a post from years ago which would hold true.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    If they did, here is my prediction of what would happen.

"Yay! The classic server is up! I'm going to level on it right away!"
    "Wow, leveling is boring, these quests suck, but atleast when I get 60 it gets better!"
    "Omg, <Insert item here> never drops, this sucks, I'm complaining to blizz"
    "Omg, I just got oneshot by someone in T2, I'm going to raid!"
    "Wtf why did Blizz nerf this stuff without telling us? This is easy!"

6 months later

"THE CLASSIC SERVERS NEED MORE CONTENT! IT'S NOT FAIR WE ARE TREATED LIKE SECOND HAND CITIZENS AND NEVER GIVEN ANY NEW RAIDS!!!"

Where did I say "Your suppression that Legacy isn't being talked about can't be held forever."? All I am saying is that you think 3 million views on a youtuber that gets MORE than that on other subjects that have been out for LESS time is some sort of important measuring stick.

Haha If Nost was still live it would have ha more 'active' live players? Yeah I think we're done here. You are wasting my time now. You can't be reasoned with and you ignore simple things such as JonTron having more viewers on topics that haven't even been out as long as the Blizzard one. Don't bother replying to me further, I won't be wasting more of my time on you. Goodbye.
    Except the message got out, one way or another. You think 3 Million viewers wont talk amongst themselves, to friends, to family? You noted how the views increased over time. I'll leave you with this, then perhaps we are done.

An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define or destroy you.
    (Inception, 2010)

The seed was planted.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-08-23 at 04:26 AM.