Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

PVP Required for Some Professions??

Found out something interesting while on the Blizz forums, http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748565441 now take what is said here with a huge grain of salt, but if what is says is true then some professions will be gated behind the need to do PVP..

I have no official Blizz info on this only what is said above, but will be interesting in why Blizz felt the need to shoehorn people into PVP again..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-08-23 at 06:02 AM.

If that is true then that is one of the absolutely dumbest things I can think of them ever doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gay, but not as bad as this http://www.wowhead.com/quest=39830/i...one-conclusion
    Like, they can't be serious.

I dont see the big deal. They also require world quests, dungeons, raids, rare mobs, running all over the globe, and exalted reputation.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I dont see the big deal. They also require world quests, dungeons, raids, rare mobs, running all over the globe, and exalted reputation.
    The deal is, is that not everyone likes PVP and being forced into doing it to level a profession is even more of a pain in the ass.. And what's more it looks to have to be a Rated BG, can you imagine the crap that there is likely to be when you have a load of noobs invading RBG's just so they can do their profession quest.. It was like the crap one had to do to get their cloak in MoP..

Oh no have to do Archimonde on normal when people are level 110. Doing HFC at 110 with artifacts and people being above 750+ ilvl will be like a level 100 killing a boar in durotar.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    The deal is, is that not everyone likes PVP and being forced into doing it to level a profession is even more of a pain in the ass.. And what's more it looks to have to be a Rated BG, can you imagine the crap that there is likely to be when you have a load of noobs invading RBG's just so they can do their profession quest.. It was like the crap one had to do to get their cloak in MoP..
    Not everyone likes any of the things I listed. The ones that require Rated BG are for Rank 3 recipes, which means you will still be able to make those items without ever stepping foot in a rated BG but you will need to farm a few extra mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Gay, but not as bad as this http://www.wowhead.com/quest=39830/i...one-conclusion
    That looks awesome.

The enchanting transmog stuff had you go back to Tot4W and Firelands too. At least this one has some justification and makes a little sense.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Not everyone likes any of the things I listed. The ones that require Rated BG are for Rank 3 recipes, which means you will still be able to make those items without ever stepping foot in a rated BG but you will need to farm a few extra mats.
    Ahh k cool if it is only the Rank 3 of said recipes then I can live with that I would rather farm the few extra mats than to go through the crap that is RBG's..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    That looks awesome.

The enchanting transmog stuff had you go back to Tot4W and Firelands too. At least this one has some justification and makes a little sense.
    Good luck finding a group for a raid that has been out 14 months. Nobody is going to want to do it.

Deleted
    If you think that's stupid you haven't digged very deep. There's one for a Reeves module that requires you to kill Doomwalker (Yes I do mean the world boss that spawns once in a Blue Moon outside of Black Temple)

These things all add spice and flavor to all aspects of the game and even hold nods to old content. It's them making the most out of everything that they have available to them. I get how it's not for everyone, but I can't see faulting them for gating certain things behind other aspects of their game.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    If you think that's stupid you haven't digged very deep. There's one for a Reeves module that requires you to kill Doomwalker (Yes I do mean the world boss that spawns once in a Blue Moon outside of Black Temple)
    At least you can solo that, but I haven't seen that guy in around 7 years and I go there frequently.

At least you can solo that, but I haven't seen that guy in around 7 years and I go there frequently.
    Should be easy enough to server-hop to find it - but the post OP refers to is going to require a blue response, seems to be really blowing up....

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    once every 2 weeks, that will be fun for ppl
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    These things all add spice and flavor to all aspects of the game and even hold nods to old content. It's them making the most out of everything that they have available to them. I get how it's not for everyone, but I can't see faulting them for gating certain things behind other aspects of their game.
    It's not bad as long as it's soloable stuff, professions have been a solitary part of the game since Vanilla, with some recipes from dungeons and raids that are relevant at the time (So getting those recipes happens when you do current content anyway), but having to make a group to a raid that people just spent 14 months in and (as far as i am aware) is unsoloable at 110 is really pushing it, just like the Doomwalker thing, unless Blizz drastically increases its spawnrate, but that would be a bit too logical for Blizzard...

Lol even PvPers (well most of them) don't like Rated BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    It's not bad as long as it's soloable stuff, professions have been a solitary part of the game since Vanilla, with some recipes from dungeons and raids that are relevant at the time (So getting those recipes happens when you do current content anyway), but having to make a group to a raid that people just spent 14 months in and (as far as i am aware) is unsoloable at 110 is really pushing it, just like the Doomwalker thing, unless Blizz drastically increases its spawnrate, but that would be a bit too logical for Blizzard...
    Professions haven't always been solitary, that is a relatively recent thing. Raising the bar a bit and creating a profession pool where your profession tab is more than just "I clicked enter to learn this" is neat prospect. Instead of 12,000 Combat Reeves running around the Broken Isles, maybe you'll see 1 or 2? I dont think that is a bad thing.

Deleted
    Good luck finding a group for a raid that has been out 14 months. Nobody is going to want to do it.
    Bar every miner, right?