Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Profession choices in Legion?

What do you guys plan on going for professions in Legion? I think mining/ engineering, herb/alc will be pretty common, but what other choices do you think will be strong?

Inscription might be strong, with new glyphs, respec tomes and those items that make certain bosses easier.

As far as I know, armor/weapon creating professions will not be the most profitable, since it takes a lot of effort to make something barely better than Mythic Dungeon quality loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Inscription might be strong, with new glyphs, respec tomes and those items that make certain bosses easier.

As far as I know, armor/weapon creating professions will not be the most profitable, since it takes a lot of effort to make something barely better than Mythic Dungeon quality loot.
    The latter point is only valid if we're going to be restricted to how much of it we can wear. (Like how in WoD we could only every use 3 pieces.)

If we can't be restricted, then its all priceless and worth 500k gold apiece if its better than Mythic loot by even 1 ilevel, and people WILL be decked out in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    The latter point is only valid if we're going to be restricted to how much of it we can wear. (Like how in WoD we could only every use 3 pieces.)

If we can't be restricted, then its all priceless and worth 500k gold apiece if its better than Mythic loot by even 1 ilevel, and people WILL be decked out in it.
    This gear can't be titanforged/warforged, and pretty early Mythic+ - which will be the main course for the first month - gives rewards on par with the best crafted armor.

I'm going Alchemy/Inscription, but I don't know if it will be worth it. I need Herbalism I think

My issue with herbalism/inscription or alchemy is that the only stuff you craft is a trinket.

What this means is that for some classes, you need Obliterum for the class campaign. 1 Obliterum = 100 ashes, which you obtain from breaking down crafted items in the Obliterum forge.

The trinket from inscription and alchemy take a lot of resources to craft, only to have to break them down. Meanwhile, real crafting professions can get Obliterum much more cheaply and easier by crafting cheap armor.

What's more, with inscription your only real income is in making the re-talent tomes. Glyphs for most people are a one time deal , and vantus runes are a weekly buff.

As usual, blacksmithing, jewelcrafting, and engineering are the top professions in terms of benefits.

Engineering will have enough stuff that you can break down?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post

As usual, blacksmithing, jewelcrafting, and engineering are the top professions in terms of benefits.
    Do we play the same game?
    Hi Sephurik

Professions wont give any benefits in legion besides the ability to earn money.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Professions wont give any benefits in legion besides the ability to earn money.
    Basically what he said.

Go with whatever you like. Alchemy is always worth it, because potions and flasks are always needed. Crafting professions will be worth it in the beginning at the very best.. unless they're going with a similar upgrade system for Legion Items as the expansion goes on. Alchemy also has the bonus of Flasks lasting an hour longer, which saves you some flasks during raid nights.
    I personally stick with Jewelcrafting and Engineering. I have both of these since WotLK, so I'm way too attached to both of them. Also, Engineering is great for all the gimmicks and jewelcrafting is also good for making some money and not being dependent on other people to buy gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post

There is no limit on wearing craftable items.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm running with Inscription and Jewelcrafting on my Shaman. My DH will be my gatherer with Herbalism and Mining.

Deleted
    Engi and alchemy, same as past 4 expansions. And mining with herbalism on a druid alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I'm running with Inscription and Jewelcrafting on my Shaman. My DH will be my gatherer with Herbalism and Mining.
    What are you planning to do with all the Blood of Sargeras you end up stockpiling on your DH, then? It's a BOP crafting material.

Mining - the most useful one atm. 2 types of ore, rare Infernal Brimstone reagent which is gathered from a daily quest (3 days cooldown). Ore and Brimstone required for BS, JC and Engineering. Minimum skill recommended - 100 or you won't be eligible for daily quest.

Jewelcrafting - BiS 815 necks and rings, toys, gems, best way to spend mining Obliterum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geddyn View Post
    What are you planning to do with all the Blood of Sargeras you end up stockpiling on your DH, then? It's a BOP crafting material.
    Good point. Didn't think about that. Well....that sucks lol.

My Shaman has 700 JC and Insc and my DH is almost at 700 in Herb and Mining. My DH originally had Insc at 650 but I dropped it because I decided to main my Shaman.

I wonder what the design philosophy behind making Blood of Sargeras BOP is.

Yeah...all the people saying they're not going to have a gathering profession...good luck with that in Legion. It's not just about Blood of Sargeras. Pretty much every crafting prof has rare mats that you're only going to get via world quests tied to a gathering prof (for instance, felhide from skinners).
    Last edited by Dazboot; 2016-08-23 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazboot View Post
    Yeah...all the people saying they're not going to have a gathering profession...good luck with that in Legion. It's not just about Blood of Sargeras. Pretty much every crafting prof has rare mats that you're only going to get via world quests tied to a gathering prof (for instance, felhide from skinners).
    Yeah I mean it's not like they can have gathering on a secondary, third or hell maybe 4th character and hey maybe I'm not the only person here who has all classes and half the same on the opposing faction to 100 already I mean these invasions aren't making it easy to level up whatsoever amirite guys?

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Yeah I mean it's not like they can have gathering on a secondary, third or hell maybe 4th character and hey maybe I'm not the only person here who has all classes and half the same on the opposing faction to 100 already I mean these invasions aren't making it easy to level up whatsoever amirite guys?
    It'll slow people like me a bit down not having a crafting and gathering profession, but other than that, you're pretty much spot on.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Guys u can get Blood of Sargeras from several sources:
    - Dungeon bosses
    - World Quests
    - Fishing
    - Shoulder enchant -> Boon of the Bloodhunter

Dindt include the ones from profs.