Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Limited Mythic + per week?

I hadn't realized that you could only get 1 keystone per week each, i thought the idea was that you ran the Mythic + at say level 2, completed it and got a higher level stone?

See interview with Watcher on front page for the following:

For the average player, there is an effective cap on Mythic+ loot, which is in the form of keystones. Those aren't infinite and everyone only gets one per week per character, so the typical experience will be that people aren't infinity running Mythic+ dungeons.
    How on earth do you level your keystones then, how do you access the level 8+ dungeons?

I also have to wonder why cap it at all, surely the loot ilvl cap is sufficient to prevent them becoming the best single place for loot?

Or have i misunderstood what Watcher meant?

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    I hadn't realized that you could only get 1 keystone per week each, i thought the idea was that you ran the Mythic + at say level 2, completed it and got a higher level stone?

How on earth do you level your keystones then, how do you access the level 8+ dungeons?

I also have to wonder why cap it at all, surely the loot ilvl cap is sufficient to prevent them becoming the best single place for loot?

I thought u got a new keystone when you completed the dungeon on time but I could be wrong.

I think when you complete a Mythic dungeon within time, your keystone 'levels up", that's what I understood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post

Watcher said in one of the interviews that each player only gets a single keystone, but said keystone "decays" after a week. It then starts at 3/4 the level it had the previous week. And easy example: If your highest cleared Mythic+ was level 4, the keystone would then be level 3 on the next week. If it was level 8, it would be level 6 the next week. So you start at a lower level, but after 1-3 clears you would be there where you were the week before again.

The keystone decays after a week but if you upgrade it you get an entirely new one most of the time for a different dungeon and a higher level and that resets the decay. So if you're able to continue clearing you can have an infinite keystone but on beta getting past just keystone level 9 was difficult unless the group ran perfectly so it won't be easy. You can also do mythic plus dungeons with someone else that has a key so technically as long as you can get in a group with someone else with a key or you yourself keep upgrading yours the amount of mythic+ you can do in a week is pretty much infinite.

tl;dr you can do an infinite amount of mythic + dungeons as long as someone in your group has a key

You get the keystone back when you finish the dungeon. Either as a powered up version if you completes it in time or a depleted version if you didn't make the timer. Both keystones can be used to start another m+ dungeon.

What Watcher means is that most people will only do their own and their groups keystone each week. While some of the more hardcore groups will switch out one member for an alt and grind another keystone that way. And then do that on several alts on each player in the group.

Deleted
    But there will be ten Dungeons, so I get ten keystones, right? wtf is this talk about ONLY ONE keystone?

Quote Originally Posted by oblivion666 View Post
    But there will be ten Dungeons, so I get ten keystones, right? wtf is this talk about ONLY ONE keystone?
    It's random which dungeon you get a keystone for, and again a random dungeon when it upgrades.

Ok very technical here:
    You get your ONE keystone by completing a mythic dungeon, mythic+ dungeon or looting your weekly mythic+ chest in your order hall.
    The moment you put your keystone into the device it turns into a depleted version in your inventory. Depending on how fast you finish the instance it will upgrade its level by 1,2 or 3 levels(and become un-depleted again). If you don't complete the instance in time it will stay depleted.
    Whenever you put a depleted key into the device that run won't give you any loot, regardless of how fast you finish it, however you can still upgrade your key to a non-depleted version(and higher level according to the above rules) if you finish it in time again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    It's random which dungeon you get a keystone for, and again a random dungeon when it upgrades.
    OMG but don't I get a keystone from every mythic dungeon I run??

Am I speaking chinese..?

There is not a cap in the sense that as long as you have one character who hasn't used one yet, you can still use that to run the Mythic+

What Watcher was trying to say about the limit was that there is a cap to the "normal player" who would presumably only go in Mythic+ by pugging, in constantly finding Keystones to use

If you're in a guild who's going to raid or even just do Mythic+ you'll effectively never run out of Keystones to use

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivion666 View Post
    OMG but don't I get a keystone from every mythic dungeon I run??

Am I speaking chinese..?
    You get a single Keystone. This keystone sends you to a specific dungeon. When you run that specific dungeon with the keystone, the keystone either depletes (if you don't finish it in time) or it gets a level up (if you finish it in time). After either of those two happens, it will send you to another dungeon. But each character only has a single keystone, you don't get more than one.

you get only one BASIC keystone per week, and that keystone can be upgraded until you fail to beat the timer

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    you get only one BASIC keystone per week, and that keystone can be upgraded until you fail to beat the timer
    or you open your chest if I'm understanding this correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    or you open your chest if I'm understanding this correctly.
    no, you open your chest, get your loot and, if you did in time, you key will upgraded to a higher lvl in another dungeon where you can loot again and will have again another upgrade if you beat the timer (you can loot if you fail too, but dont receive a key upgrade)

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    You get a single Keystone. This keystone sends you to a specific dungeon. When you run that specific dungeon with the keystone, the keystone either depletes (if you don't finish it in time) or it gets a level up (if you finish it in time). After either of those two happens, it will send you to another dungeon. But each character only has a single keystone, you don't get more than one.
    nope if it depletes it stays the same dungeon.

Deleted
    You'll have 1 keystone most of the time and - if everything goes like Blizzard has planned - never more than that. It gets deleted at the end of each weekly keystone reset time. Then you get a new one after doing the first mythic 5 man of the week.

During a week, you'll never "lose" the keystone. You use it to it to initate a mythic+ run. If you make it in time, it gets replaced with a higher level keystone for a different dungeon after the run. If not, it gets depleted and you have to redo the dungeon for it to be upgraded. You get no additional loot for a keystone difficulty of a depleted keystone for doing the dungeon a 2nd time.

So if i have cleared +9 in the past will i have to start over and clear 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 to get back to mythic +9. (So spend 5 hours clearing lower content to get back up to my progression point?)

Deleted
    No you start a few levels below the best keystone run you did the week before. So after the first rush most people will probably do a very similiar amount of keystone dungeon runs per week (and per keystone!). Just some people will do them at higher levels and some at lower levels.

Like someone who did a level 9 the week before would get a level 6 keystone and then reclear to something around 9 again.
    Someone who did a level 6 only and then failed would get a level 3 keystone and then reclear to something around 6 again.

I can't remmeber how many levels you drop per week so don't look at the actual numbers too closely. The important part is that most people will probably get similiar amounts of loot per week from a single keystone in the long run, just at different levels of quality.

It is possible to game the system though by having alts that you don't care about too much and have a group funnel their keystone runs around to get a lot more loot per week on characters they actually care about.

Selling mythic+ carry to +10, you bring the keystone and 50k gold.