Reaction / adaption : 8
    Team-play: 9
    Tank : 7
    DPS (Melee) : 7
    DPS (Ranged) : 9
    Healer : 8

PVE
    Overall: 8

And finally how likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowlegde: 8

That moment when everyone is over 7-8.

Funny stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post

Funny stuff
    MMO-champion is the forum of WoW-nerds. So not entirely off the charts. And as i said in my post, everyone go into this ranking with different expectations of themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awareness : 7 Pretty good but I get ADD sometimes lol
    Reaction / adaption : 10 If given a task I will never miss (ADD thing lol)
    Team-play: 7 About the same as first question
    Tank : 6 Not too good but not too bad.
    DPS (Melee) : 6 But I just started playing a melee that I like (DH)
    DPS (Ranged) : 8 Really good with a Boomkin
    Healer : 10 It's my go to role in any game (wow, OW, tf2, etc)

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

Funny stuff
    Most people who care enough to post here are probably pretty good. The % of posters here who raid high heroics/mythics is waaaay higher than the % of battle.net forum posters and presumably waaaay higher than the % of actual players who do that sort of thing. Or even know how to judge their performance against others.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    MMO-champion is the forum of WoW-nerds. So not entirely off the charts. And as i said in my post, everyone go into this ranking with different expectations of themselves.

Funny stuff
    Exactly, that's the reason why I wrote everything 10. I have no idea why someone write 7 and why someone write 9 or 5... How do they count that?

I'm quite sure any of us would be able to reach 9+ on any of these parameters if we had the motivation and drive to do so.

Since I stopped hardcore raiding back when Cataclysm was announced, I probably play at a casual 6 now in solo, dungeons and raids. That is until the shit hit the fans (raid or group dies, extra patrol is accidentally pulled etc) and I need to step up my game. I have gotten a bit rusty over the years, but a 9 in these situations should still be possible if I focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Exactly, that's the reason why I wrote everything 10. I have no idea why someone write 7 and why someone write 9 or 5... How do they count that?
    They count that the way you counted. 10 is just a number just like 5 or 8. It's all about knowing your potential, powerful sides and weak sides.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Simple really. Are you able to do mythic without getting carried you are most likely above average. Do you often make mistakes and your dps lower than it should be, you are most likely not a 10. already there you know it's between 5 and 10, from there it's basicly just common sense.

If you are 10 at everything you barely have room for improvements, like at all, you are a master of the world of warcraft and should be in a top 3 guild skill wise, and everyone should bow down to you.

Also, apparently a lot of people here are more honest with themselves than you are, and no people will never be able to evaluate themselves 100% correctly, but this is based on peoples own opinion of themselves, not how they actually are. which in the end makes their evaluation 100% correct from their own perspective.

Awareness : 10 on progress, 4 when trying to rank during farm (basically, ignore it if it does not kill you in 3-5 gcds, until you have an opportunity to move)
    Reaction / adaption : 6 for interrupts, 8 for CC
    Team-play: 8
    Tank : 6 (I greatly dislike tanking)
    DPS (Melee) : 9
    DPS (Ranged) : 10
    Healer : 10

pve
    Overall: 24 jk, overall 8 would be fair I guess.

I try to improve all the time.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Awareness : 8
    Reaction / adaption : (Interrupts & CC) / (one of the players who were assigned to interrupts died. and you step in.) 7
    Team-play: (Throwing offheals and taunts and dps, when not playing the respective roll) 8
    Tank : (Playing as a tank) 0
    DPS (Melee) : (Playing melee dps) Maybe an 8 or 9
    DPS (Ranged) : (Playing ranged dps) 0
    Healer : (Playing a healer) 0

PVE

I don't do organized raiding, so it is actually really hard to judge. But I do min/max (always have), read guides, know my rotation, etc , and I've been regularly playing Ret Paladin since 2008.

I'd like to believe I'm incredibly knowledgeable in both my class and all other classes, and I don't consider myself "casual" (as I play way too much for that to be considered), despite possibly being labeled as such by others.

Deleted
    When I was younger we had a hunting dog. She was a special dog, she ate furniture, peed on ppl shoes, barked at garbage cans and never obeyed a command. Still when it got autum and the hunting season started every hunter we did know wanted to hunt with that dog. Why? Cause she was the best hunting dog in the whole area, killed more mooses and deer by that dog than any dog sens then.

So was it a good or bad dog? Depends on what you wanted to use her for. For hunting a pure 10, but as a service dog for leading blind she only would serve in save tax money as she would take em strait out in the street and get them killed by a passing truck.

I guess I'm one of those player who like my old dog was good, wery good indeed in one jobb, but suck at a lot other stuff.

Tanking? Naaa not my thing.

Healing? Naaa a good healer keep you alive and let you ignore mechanics to dps even more

Awareness: sure if stuff kill me I don't step in them, I see the fire, but can I survive by stand in the fire and get 2-3 extra sec deeps I do that and use cloak of shadows and feint.

Team play: I do my kicks and interrupt if needed. But if boss at 5% and my mate is flying over the edge and I need to klick a add by leav the boss I let him dropp to the death and link him the recount after.

Mele dps: I spend insane amount of energy time and thoughts about how up my dmg. Read every forum thread, try stuff on dummy's and sims al days. Always use every single possible consumable in even the easiest encounters. Alvays try my max on do best possible dmg even if it's a trivial trash pull. I don't even understand the word casual dps/gameplay , if I play its to pve instances and dps

So guess like my dog, be happy for what I do good, mele deeps and don't expect me to behave in a restaurant
    Last edited by mmoc499a953f73; 2016-08-23 at 09:58 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awareness - 6/10
    My situational awareness is decent enough but I'm rarely the first one out of the fire.

Reaction / adaption - 8/10
    I actually pretty good at that stuff.

Team-play - 8/10
    I'm pretty good at that too. There's not a whole lot of call for it under normal circumstances though.

Tank - 3/10
    I enjoy tanking but I'm really not very good at it.

DPS (Melee) - 5/10
    I'm OK. Again, I enjoy it, but I'm not great at it.

DPS (Ranged) - 6-7/10 hunter and warlock, 5/10 everything else.
    I'm better at ranged than I am at melee. I have the most experience with hunter and warlock. Less with everything else. My skills on mage/druid/shaman/priest are average at best.

Healer - 4/10
    It's really weird. In other MMOs I'm an awesome healer but I've always kind of sucked at it in WoW. I have no idea why, and it kind of bothers me. I really feel like I should be a better healer than I am.

PvE - Overall, 6/10. Maybe 7/10 if I'm having a really good day. My experiences over the last 10+ years lead me to believe that I'm an above average player, but probably not very far above the average all things considered. There are an awful lot of people who are WAAAAAAAAAAY better than I could ever hope to be, and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

And finally how likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowlegde?

I'm always trying to improve my knowledge. I'll never have the skill to be a mythic raider, but I'm OK with that. Thankfully there's enough fun to be had in this game for even an average player who doesn't raid.

Bonus rating:
    PvP - 2/10
    I enjoy PvP but I massively suck at it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Awareness : 7, enough to not fuck up but no more
    Reaction / adaption : 5, if you want anything more than a bop or something good luck
    Team-play: 10, I fill whatever roll you want and never bitch or fuck it up
    Tank : 10, this is what I will always be beyond anything else PVE-wise
    DPS (Melee) : 10 on ret, 5 on anything else because I never play any other melee but I'm not totally useless
    DPS (Ranged) : 8 on warlock because it's a rape train with no breaks but I don't play it enough, 5 on anything else because I'm not useless but I never play them
    Healer : 7 on resto shaman or druid, 3 at best on anything else because I'm terrible at them
    PVP: 8, good enough to dunk scrubs and get decent ratings but not enough to get glad every season because I play ret and I only play with friends
    PVE: 10 as tank, 8 as DPS, haven't raided legitimately as a healer since vanilla

Overall: 8, amazing at tanking and smashing shitties or facerolling but awful at leadership or anything that involves thinking too much
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I was good enough to join the best guild on our server in vanilla. We where the only guild who managed to clear naxx 40 and actualy among the first 10 in europe to kill Sapphiron.
    I played for about 10 hours a day on work days. worked for 8 and slept for about 5-6 hours a day. Off days i could play for 40 hours through the weekend with hardly ANY sleep.

Then real life hit me hard and i decided to cut down on wow. Now i play mostly casualy and due to illness ontop of that, I went from a good player to mediocre(because i stopped trying so hard). So if i am to rate myself as honestly i can now. It would be something like this

Awareness : 6 Its low due having 2+ monitors and usualy watching a movie/show on the other.
    Reaction / adaption : 8 when i pay attention i can do split second decisions. But see above.
    Team-play: 6 i play well with others, but i hate playing with people i don't know so i tend not to.
    Tank : - not even remotely interrested
    DPS (Melee) : 9 I know my rotation, i read up on the class i play to learn it 100%. But there are always things i could improve.
    DPS (Ranged) : - Never interrested me.
    Healer : - Not even remotely interrested

pve
    Overall: 6-7

I know i can push myself to be able to handle any content wow has to offer. But i don't want to put in the required time anymore. It is at the end of the day. Just a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends.. i stopped raiding because it wasnt fun anymore, but i always were the only person who thought i was a bad player. my own rating would be:

Awareness: 7
    Reaction / adaption: 3
    Team-play: 2
    Tank: 4
    DPS (Melee): 2
    DPS (Ranged): 5
    Healer: 5

OVERALL: 4

all for pve. in pvp i would rate myself 1/10 on everything.

I was pretty tryhard for an expansion or two but currently,

Awareness: 7-8 (depending on if I keep the sound on)
    Reaction/Adaptation: 8
    Team play: 1-2 (haaaaaate other people)
    Tank: 4-5 (reluctantly)
    Dps: 9 (my favorite)
    Healer: 0-1 (Never at max level)

Pvp/Pve Overall
    6/5 almost entirely because I play poorly with others. Took a long break after tryharding through lich king and cata and when I came back I just lost all communication skills/motivation.
    Last edited by Annedrooo; 2016-08-23 at 10:08 AM.

Awareness : 10
    I've raided at the top of the ladder for many years and you can't do that sitting and tunneling your bars (I'd argue you don't even need to look at them at all). I always check what every role is supposed to be doing on every encounter so I also can check what might be the cause of wipes in the raid.

Reaction / adaption : 10/10
    If the tank dies I taunt the adds, if a healer dies I kite, if a DPS dies I go for whatever they were supposed to be doing if possible.

Team-play : X/10
    This goes for the answer above. However, since I play a Hunter I can't do everything anymore since they removed e.g. Distracting Shot and all my traps.
    (MM/BM, SV is shit DPS again like WoD launch, and on top of that MELEE. RIP my sweet spec.)

Tank : 4/10
    I honestly suck at tanking. Mainly because I also find it boring as heck so I don't care about playing as I should. Also, from playing DPS since vanilla and pretty exclusively so (with a few months of healing in Cata/MoP) I have the instinct that mobs should not be hitting me.

DPS (Melee) : X/10
    I don't know. I hate playing the melee DPS classes.

DPS (Ranged) : 10/10
    Not much to say. I'm a hunter, born and raised. I will however try my waters at mage and will have to stop stand in place and spazz with movement (keeps APM up and is my way to make sure I can hit everything while moving).

Healer : 6/10
    I'm not a horrible healer, but I'm not really a good one either. I get too stressed of topping people completely off 100% at the time so wasting mana on quick heals is something I do way too often.

PvE / PvP : PvE
    I suck at PvP, hardcore, except when playing DK and Mage for some reason.

Overall : 8/10

How likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowlegde :
    The reason for being as bad as I am in PvP is that I simply just don't do it because I do not care for that part of the game. I am very not likely to improve that part in the near future either, but in any area I do care, like raiding, I always check for things to improve. If not for myself, then for others and try to help the team to success.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by osicat View Post
    When I was younger we had a hunting dog. She was a special dog, she ate furniture, peed on ppl shoes, barked at garbage cans and never obeyed a command. Still when it got autum and the hunting season started every hunter we did know wanted to hunt with that dog. Why? Cause she was the best hunting dog in the whole area, killed more mooses and deer by that dog than any dog sens then.

-Snip-

So guess like my dog, be happy for what I do good, mele deeps and don't expect me to behave in a restaurant
    I enjoyed reading your post. truthfully, thank you for that.

1s across the board. Working on the duelicious achieve still.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."