Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Awareness : 9 (after a couple of tries ofcourse, so you know what's about to happen)
    Reaction / adaption : 7 (as you get older you get slower? )
    Team-play: 9
    Tank : 4 quit tanking when they "fixed" (it did need fixing) my druid a week or so after the launch of TBC
    DPS (Melee) : 4 horrible, fucks my "awareness", rotations would be ok, but not standing in fire is more important I think
    DPS (Ranged) : 8, I could probably improve timings...
    Healer : 8, I was good, but it's been a while...

pve / pvp PVP sucks so who cares
    Overall: 8, I stick to what I know

And finally how likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowlegde

Not likely, let me play the class and spec I want. I can do that. I don't want to try and play melee or tank. When "forced" I would just stop raiding anyway.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Awareness : 8
    Reaction / adaption : 6/7
    Team-play: 7
    Tank : 8
    DPS (Melee) : 8
    DPS (Ranged) : 8
    Healer : 0

Full blown PvE, I suck at PvP.
    Overall: 8. I get have no problems with even Heroic raids, I dont consider myself good enough for mythic raids tho.

And finally how likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowledge: I try as much as possible.
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2016-08-23 at 12:32 PM.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    Reaction / adaption : 9
    Team-play: 8
    DPS (Melee) : 8.5
    DPS (Ranged) : 7
    Healer : 9.5

PVE

8-9

PVP

These stats are as a Mythic(old heroic) raider. I kinda also expect any other to raid mythic are at least an 8, and as such i always push myself, and if i fail, i need to find out how i dont.
    Too bad my guild needed a melee instead of a healer, was always my favorite and i know i am one hell of a healer. Melee is a pretty bad role, but i will make it work.

Deleted
    Ill take 6 as being adequate and average

Awareness : (Not standing in fire) & (positioning)6 & 8 (depending on my role)
    Reaction / adaption : (Interrupts & CC) / (one of the players who were assigned to interrupts died. and you step in.) 7, i defo tried when maining a rogue but loads to improve
    Team-play: (Throwing offheals and taunts and dps, when not playing the respective roll) 8
    Tank : (Playing as a tank) 8 (raided a dk tank since wotlk on a regular basis)
    DPS (Melee) : (Playing melee dps) 7 Rogue
    DPS (Ranged) : (Playing ranged dps) 6
    Healer : (Playing a healer) 8 as challenge healer 5 for the rest ( i get bored and lose focus )

pve / pvp (which one you rated yourself on) raided on various levels (HC pre wod...no mythic after) so id say a 7 for PVE and 5 for PVP.
    Overall: (How you rate yourself as an overall player)7 Id say im above average but nowhere near world or realm first material. Solid raider no more, no less

And finally how likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay : loads for the fun of it. mythic raiding is not for me. simply dont feel like putting in the time and effort anymore. Im happy with the current HC being the max for me. thats about as much effort id wanna put into raiding nowadays

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Serenity players would all be 10/10 in every relevant category. The real question people should ask themselves, is how good they are when they've been playing for 12 hours straight. When you're at your worst, how good are you? For me, I'd say I start to drop off after about 5 hours straight of intense focusing. I straight up could not handle being in a guild like Serenity.
    Yeah, seriously, doing steady, fairly doable stuff I've done before, like, WotLK heroics back in the day, I could do that eight hours a day and be fine, maybe more, and I did.

But like, raiding, like actually difficult raiding, I burn out in under four hours. I decline significantly within three, maybe even two if we're actually doing new stuff and it's not going great. For some reason I found Ulduar incredibly calming (the blue tone? the architecture? I dunno why) and I could do that place all day, but that's an exception.

Normal BGs? I can do 'em all day and stay decent.

But fucking Arenas. Jesus fuck. I can do amazing for like two matches. I can do good for like maybe five. Then my stress levels are just WAY beyond redline and all my adrenaline is gone and I feel sick and I've got stage-fright for the next match and I'm shaking and I never want to do an arena match EVER AGAIN. Also I'm surly when I am never, ever normally surly.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    World first race will be interesting this year, with so many 9s and 10s
    why would you say that? world first race its only for full 10.

I am above average, like probably between %70-80 percentile or so. I could be better, but I never bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played WoW for about 8 years and I've always been really bad at it. I've always needed someone to explain things to me several times before I could understand it, not just tactics but everything in the game. I have no idea what garrisons are, I have no idea what invasions are, I have no idea what artifact weapons are, just in general no idea. I'm a really bad player. I also have no sense of direction so I sometimes get lost in dungeons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    If you think Mythic raiders are automatically a 9-10, you are in for a surprise
    Please read the rest of the post :/ as you clearly either didn't read it, or do not understand it, or my English is shite. i would like to know which one so i can improve my English if needed........

Also. i find i fun that sooo many people are saying people over estimate themselves as it is clearly not possible given the start of this thread. you don't need to compare yourself to the top 10%, you don't need to compare yourself to anyone. you just have to evaluate yourself from your own standards. which is very subjective and will never be 100% accurate.

However, i got curious about the fact that so many people in another thread mentioned that so many other people were bad at the game. this could be because everyone think that they are a 10 and not a 5 and therefore do not need to improve, and everyone they rate lower than them self is bad.

Also for the people who are arguing that top 100 guild is not equal 10 or is equal 10, is not the point of this, and even if it was, being in a top 100 guild doesn't make you good, being a mythic raider doesn't make you good, it only proofs that you are good enough not to wipe the raid in every attempt. rest could be carried by the guild, and burned through by time and dedication. Like a top 100 guild wiping on the same fight 500 times. at some point even the worst players must simply be able to figure out the mechanics of the fight.

And before people get mad, i am not calling people who raid mythic or in top 100 guilds bad, i am just saying it doesn't say much other than you have more time on your hands than the majority of the player base. if you are better or not, well that i can't comment on.

So back to the topic.

Awareness : 9
    Team-play: 10
    Tank : 10
    DPS (Melee) : 9
    DPS (Ranged) : 10
    Healer : 8

Overall: 9

It sounds like I'm rating myself highly but this list doesn't include categories I'm weak in. Still I'm pretty good at what I do if I choose to do it. The problem is that I have to like something to excel in it, and that means the above values only hold true when I play certain classes/specializations.

A good example is that I'm pretty observant but I have issues with fast twitch reaction times. In the examples for Awareness and Reaction listed in the OP, I'd score a 10 in PvE. In PvP however, I get confused in unfamiliar situations. I become far better with practice, as anyone would, but I start off weaker than most. I bypass the problem in PvE by watching videos of bosses and reading up on them before jumping in.
    Last edited by Lebanese Dude; 2016-08-23 at 12:43 PM.

Awareness: 8
    Reaction: 8
    Teamplay: 7
    Tank: 0
    DPS (melee): 9
    DPS (ranged): 0
    Healer: 0

Pve
    Overall: 7

Yeah I will try to learn more about other classes

Deleted
    Awareness :10
    reaction / adaption : 10
    Tank : 6
    DPS (Melee) : 10
    DPS (Ranged) : 4
    Healer : 6

PVE
    Overall: 8

I would have loved to have given myself an 8 but I'm not an 8, Take out your stupid math and bail on your %s and then I'm going to give myself 10.5/12.

I've played WoW for a good time and if I had to rate other people they'd rarely get 7+

Deleted
    Awareness : 7 - Usually I'm near the bottom on damage taken from anything avoidable but I do fuck up sometimes.
    Reaction / adaption : 8 - Always that guy assigned to kite/interrupt/other random ass mechanic. Must be doing it okay.
    Team-play: 5 - I can be a bit single minded and try to take on too much myself.
    Tank : 7 - I can do it fine, just not exceptional.
    DPS (Ranged) : 8 - Rotations, positioning and CD usage are pretty easy for me, both melee and ranged.
    Healer : 2 - Last time I healed regularly was Dragon Soul Heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as some perspective for people who are trying to talk down everyone in this thread:

At the last time I was aware that statistics were taken for this (which was in MoP), only a bit over 10% of players had defeated Garrosh Normal. 13.3% players to be precise. That means that anyone who had defeated the encounter could be considered in the top 15% of WoW. Since MMO-C is full of raiders, the majority of people rating themselves above 7 seems to be pretty fair - if you want to go by percentile on logs, that could weed out some players who think too highly of themselves, but even then many players claims would still stand in that area.

Link to statistics taken in Siege about people who had cleared the content: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...tweets-dlc-439

edit: formatting
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    I do love that within the first couple of posts the exact reason it's pointless asking people this question becomes clear.

Reaction / adaption : 10
    Team-play: 9
    Tank : 1
    DPS (Ranged) : 7
    Healer : 1

PvP
    Overall: 8

I have finished multiple seasons in the top 3% of the rated PvP ladder and one season in the top 0.5%. I know the rogue class inside out but due to my ADHD I can be slightly (very slightly) sloppy sometimes with maximizing my DPS and managing resources while I am peeling and controlling.

One of the biggest things I have been working on improving is communicating in such a way that provides the maximum benefit to my teammates, e.g. seeing an enemy druid blink forward, knowing he will bash me to setup cyclone, and already calling out to my mage teammate "stop Cyclone please" so that he's ready to kick it instantly. The idea is to not just communicate what's happening ("He's gonna clone me") but to give my teammates short, actionable instructions ("stop cyclone").

I also played alts more in WoD and found myself doing particularly well on DoT classes like Balance and Affliction. I can pillar hump while keeping DoTs up on multiple targets like a champ, and I am quite good at landing clutch offensive Cyclones to keep someone's health low while we wait out a CD or cycle our DRs on the enemy healer.

I have never played a healer competitively, but I think my gameplay would benefit overall from seeing things a bit from a healer's perspective and really paying attention to my team's CD trades. Playing a melee for so long lends itself to getting tunnel vision (it's just much harder to see all 6 players in the arena) so I've really worked on awareness and positioning but I think that would improve a bit as well if I put in some time on a healer.

I rated myself 10 on Adaptation because I'm always the guy that says "No, we are fine" and makes the magic happen with my peels when everyone else on my team is losing their head.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2016-08-23 at 12:43 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I've played WoW for about 8 years and I've always been really bad at it. I've always needed someone to explain things to me several times before I could understand it, not just tactics but everything in the game. I have no idea what garrisons are, I have no idea what invasions are, I have no idea what artifact weapons are, just in general no idea. I'm a really bad player. I also have no sense of direction so I sometimes get lost in dungeons
    Artifact Weapons are basically like having a second mini-character. They have their own special XP and they gain levels, they even have their own talent trees that are kind of like the old school Vanilla/BC/Wrath talent trees, with the notable exception that you can get every talent eventually.

Reaction / adaption : 10 - I adapt incredibly quickly, this is definitely my strongest 'skill'.
    Team-play: 8
    Tank : 10 I live to tank.
    DPS (Melee) : 7
    DPS (Ranged) : 5
    Healer : 5

Overall I'd say I'm an 8, better than average, but not exceptional, unless I'm tanking. Then it's a 10.

DPS (Melee) : 6
    DPS (Ranged) : 5
    Healer : 10

Overall I'm an 8-9 in a tank/healing environment and a solid 6 if I have to DPS (falling asleep pulls down that score).