Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WoW token price evolution

Good morning all!

After a break I am back to WoW and I am kinda new to the ingame token. About 5/6 weeks ago I sold a WoW token for about 84k. I was considering to put up one more in prep for Legion but noticed the price has dropped to as low as 69K. What is actually a normal price? Was 84k really high or is 69k really low?

Regards!

PS: I play on EU realms if that's relevant

Well, 69k is really expensive and 84k is extreme. Prices should be like in the US, around 35k. That said, you can check prices here and see what's normal. It's hard to predict the future.

Price has been dropping from a May peak, in both EU and US.

I recommend https://wowtoken.info/ for handy graphs of token prices, also useful for following the ups and downs within a day to maximize your value (regardless of whether you are buying for cash and selling for gold, or buying for gold).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Well, 69k is really expensive and 84k is extreme. Prices should be like in the US, around 35k. That said, you can check prices here and see what's normal. It's hard to predict the future.
    69k is really cheap compared to what it has been, we've been above the 90k.

There was no way in nature that prices of EU could be the same as US, completely different views and use on it, it seems.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

yep, seems like prices are dropping due to the garrison gold nerfs and Legion being yet to be launched. I bought some at 90k a couple of weeks before

Supply and Demand.
    Demand may be high, but the supply of gold that no doubt funded much of the higher price has just been cut off.
    Garrisons, hence the drop in price.
    Quicker than I expected it to, seemingly a majority barely maintaining the token requirement.

There isn't a "normal" price.
    It is possible that it will stabilise during Legion when people get into their routines.
    It is possible that patches will see a rush of players coming back, and so inflating it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Prices are low right now. I think the prices will grow again when we get a few month into the exp. The prices will grow again due to order hall gold and some people will have left the game again.

15+ Year Old Account
    -> wowtoken.info and zoom to all.
    Price was around 50-60K before content drought. I would consider that normal.
    If the gold faucets will stay at a similar level like in WoD, this price will likely return shortly after Legion release.

Quote Originally Posted by Moddycss View Post
    Prices are low right now. I think the prices will grow again when we get a few month into the exp. The prices will grow again due to order hall gold and some people will have left the game again.
    Order hall doesn't supply you with nearly as much gold as running garrisons did. I fully expect the price of gold to go back up, at least for the next 4 months, when it will, as always, start dropping due to lack of demand and lack people interested in the game.

Deleted
    people in us care more about gold, people in eu care more about money

Deleted
    I remember when it came out and I was seriously thinking 'what? 20k? I'm not paying that much'. And now it's up to 72k and I'm still buying them because I failed to stockpile them when they were cheap.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Back in April I sold WoW tokens for around 24K.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it ever drops below 30k again I won't buy them. You can get at least 50k gold from gold sellers for the same price as a token.

Deleted
    Guys, do you expect the prices to go up? And when?

It really sucks, im used to buy them for atleast 85K.

Is the price drop because of people have less gold now?
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-08-23 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    Its working out es expected. More Casualscrubs are coming back who have no Gold - they sell Tokens and the Supply rises. Also Garrison Gold is gone, so people have less Gold which also lowers prices. I would expect the prices to go even lower. Probably not to 50K, but I could see it around 55K in a month or two.

Don't comment on topic's you're completely ignorant on. Price "should not" and never will be as low as the UK. Clueless newb.

Price has been cheap in the US too. Cheap enough I been buying tokens for game time. I used 2 and got 6 sitting in my pack. I may buy more this week not sure how the price will be after Legion launch.

i saw 68+ a few days ago. and its really cheap.

there is no "should" - it is a market

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Don't comment on topic's you're completely ignorant on. Price "should not" and never will be as low as the UK. Clueless newb.
    *US

It's an opinion. I think it's stupid that our prices are so much higher. I know it's never going to drop, that doesn't mean I can't think it should. Stop calling people names when you don't agree with them. It makes you look clueless, childish and dumb.

*US

It's an opinion. I think it's stupid that our prices are so much higher. I know it's never going to drop, that doesn't mean I can't think it should. Stop calling people names when you don't agree with them. It makes you look clueless, childish and dumb.
    Theres reasons the prices differ so much and they've been dealt with at length in many topics. How "stupid" you feel this is is about irrelevant because it has no basis in reality. If you want people to stop calling you stupid, stop acting it.