Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    Any more info on this?

Really want to play frost when Legion is released! Fire is just so strong right now.
    That was an old change (the sims change pretty fast before the launch) that gave a few percent higher than thought at first but then again it wasn't able to beat the others.

i dont believe frost is bad as ppl think atm, ppl think that mainly due to lack of real sim and testers of the spec

Quote Originally Posted by dadori View Post
    i dont believe frost is bad as ppl think atm, ppl think that mainly due to lack of real sim and testers of the spec
    It did reasonably well in leveling / early suramar and random heroics for me. The thing is that you are constantly crippled by lack of real aoe. I even played frost before trying fire for the first time (back before flurry was introduced tho, but still) and I can tell you that the difference is night and day.

It's kinda hard to explain until you see for yourself, but in short words, as fire, you're pretty good all of the time. As frost, you suck most of the time. And it's harder to play at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It's kinda hard to explain until you see for yourself, but in short words, as fire, you're pretty good all of the time. As frost, you suck most of the time. And it's harder to play at that.
    100% true.

Outside of tuning, does frost bomb aoe have anything holding it back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Outside of tuning, does frost bomb aoe have anything holding it back?
    (Just my opinion) Yeah, it's cast time. Frost aoe and frost bomb would be ten times smoother to play and feel better if it was instant cast. That cast time really destroys the spell for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaedar View Post
    Anyone going Frost in legion? Even fire seems so OP when I read about the spells/talents/artifact traits.
    I want to, but I'm concerned about it at the same time. I've just joined a raiding guild for the first time since SoO was current content, and boosted an alliance mage and decided to make it my main (I played frost mage on Horde in MoP and enjoyed it). I had originally told the guild I planned to play a shaman and was told an elemental shaman would be good, and they're fine with me switching to mage.

I'm just concerned because I have tried all three specs and everyone on forums is freaking out about how good fire mage is right now and is likely to be in legion. My guild will definitely have another mage who will be fire. I don't really care for fire or arcane, and I love frost. I just don't want to gimp my guild that much if frost is that far behind fire for legion raiding, ya know?

It's more difficult to go and choose a spec before an expansion starts and not be able to change it because of how they're setting up artifact weapons. You pick it, if you're wrong, it doesn't matter, you're stuck with it. >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    It's more difficult to go and choose a spec before an expansion starts and not be able to change it because of how they're setting up artifact weapons. You pick it, if you're wrong, it doesn't matter, you're stuck with it. >.<
    Well you still get all arrifacts and keeping 2 spec up-to-date will hardly set you back. Due to the exponential cost past lvl 13, you can keep a 2nd artifact just 1 trait/lvl behind without gimping your main. Someone did the math and it was roughly 1 day extra in the end.

Besides that, nerfs and buffs can happen anytime so it'll stay a bit of a gamble. I'm sure Blizz will keep tuning specs (how well they succeey is anyone's guess), but you'll prolly have to hold out until the first few weeks of raiding until the dust settles.

So if you enjoy Frost, go ahead and hope some tuning will fix it if it's borked. If you also enjoy Fire (but not as much), you could just keep that artifact up-to-date as well without falling behind.

I'm sad there were no tweaks to frost. Also kinda wish they'd slightly improve Frost AoE capabilities. Like give Blizzard ticks a 15% chance to reset Frost orb or something. Should bring it up to Arcane's AoE capabilities at least.

How far apart is Frost from Fire? 5%, 10%, 20%?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    I'm sad there were no tweaks to frost. Also kinda wish they'd slightly improve Frost AoE capabilities. Like give Blizzard ticks a 15% chance to reset Frost orb or something. Should bring it up to Arcane's AoE capabilities at least.
    That's a really good idea, I like that.

It's kinda funny how they are so focused on fire right now. They barely even nerfed it, while its like they forgot that Frost exists. And the arcane buff probably doesn't change anything. Maybe more to come this week, since they seem to be doing more hotfixes than maintenance patches, who knows.

Is there a recommended path for the frost artifact weapon? Wonder which stuff I should unlock first..

Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    Is there a recommended path for the frost artifact weapon? Wonder which stuff I should unlock first..
    I'll be getting Black Ice first, higher icicle damage = higher glacial spike hits, which is the best damage ability behind Ray of Frost I think.

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...zFwMxoBMdAVEAE

That's what I'm thinking - since the 15% crit in Blizzard doesn't really make sense for leveling (unless you are grouping and AOEing packs down). The really nice thing about frost, is most of the talents synergize well with the play-style of procs and Glacial Spike.

Frostbolt damage increased to 185% of Spell Power (was 170%).
    Flurry damage increased to 105% of Spell Power (was 90%).
    ~9% increase to Frostbolt... Doubt that makes enough difference? Indirect buff to Glacial Spike too, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    ~9% increase to Frostbolt... Doubt that makes enough difference? Indirect buff to Glacial Spike too, I guess.
    I'm bad at math, so I don't know how close this closes the gap between Frost and Fire. It's Frost problem is that it falls behind AOE damage compared to Fire? But it's nice to see a 9% damage buff on Frostbolt and a 15% damage buff on Flurry. Just curious, how is that a indirect buff to Glacial Spike? I'm still new to Mages.. Does Flurry increase the damage of Glacial Spike or something?

Also, why do the frost legendary suck balls?
    Last edited by FrostyButt; 2016-08-27 at 11:38 AM.

Forgive me if this question has been asked before, but are the T18 set bonuses completely useless if you take lonely winter? I play very casually and I was hoping to enjoy frost without the micro managing of the pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I'm bad at math, so I don't know how close this closes the gap between Frost and Fire. It's Frost problem is that it falls behind AOE damage compared to Fire? But it's nice to see a 9% damage buff on Frostbolt and a 15% damage buff on Flurry. Just curious, how is that a indirect buff to Glacial Spike? I'm still new to Mages.. Does Flurry increase the damage of Glacial Spike or something?

Also, why do the frost legendary suck balls?
    It's actually more like a 17% increase for flurry

As for Glacial Spike: our mastery stores x% of frostbolt dmg as an icicle. Thus increasing frostbolt dmg also buffs our icicles, which in turn are used by Glacial Spike. By how much dmg increases totally depends on your mastery.

is frost actually THAT bad comparing it with fire in pve? i mean , i like fire but i've been frost since MC in vanilla and after the last pvp changes frost is better for me than fire in pvp , but i'm gonna do both , so i cant focus on frost if it suck balls on pve (i will focus on myth+ more than raids but im gonna do both)
    Last edited by Zeidia; 2016-08-27 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    what would be best way to spen AP if u want 2 spec to play,Let say Frost wil be better for PVP en Fire PVe..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thadeka View Post
    what would be best way to spen AP if u want 2 spec to play,Let say Frost wil be better for PVP en Fire PVe..
    Here's Mr Robot guide on that, literally on the front page of mmochampion.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...AMRGraphic.jpg