Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Awareness : 3-6 (depending on the amount of flashing spells there is on screen)
    Reaction / adaption : 1 (I tend to interrupt anything, regardless of who is "on charge" of doing it, cause I don't trust others)
    Team-play: 0 (I don't like group play. I only do it when needed)
    Tank : 3-6 (I don't lost aggro, I interrupt whenever I can, I time CDs, I care for the health of my healers... DPS can screw themselves... and if I'm on the mood, I may intercept some DPS, as long as is not a huntard... the "3" comes from the first item, in which if there are too many flashing light on the creen, my poor steam powered computer tends to die, and I stay on the fire, not by choice, but for being unable to see it/move)
    DPS (Melee) : 0 (Never played DPS on groups)
    DPS (Ranged) : 0 (Never played DPS on groups)
    Healer : 0 (never played healer on groups)

pve / pvp : PVE
    Overall: 4-5

And finally how likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowlegde: 3-4 (I like to improve, and I try. But Im not really concerned about putting too much time/effort on it... it is just a game)

Deleted
    Awareness : 8
    Reaction / adaption : 9
    Team-play: 7
    Tank : 8
    DPS (Melee) : 9
    DPS (Ranged) : 8
    Healer : 6

PVE
    Overall: 8

I used to raid fairly hardcore back in TBC and WotLK. Lately I've mostly played melee dps although I've actually started to dabble in healing as well. Turns out I really don't perform to my own standards there so I guess it's back to dps

Awareness : 7
    Reaction / adaption : 7
    Team-play: 7
    Tank : 6
    DPS (Melee) : 4
    DPS (Ranged) : 5

pve / pvp (which one you rated yourself on) - PVE - 6, PVP - 1
    Overall: (How you rate yourself as an overall player) - 6

And finally how likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowlegde - 3

I'm average, or ever so slightly above average, but I've long since stopped pretending I'm "trying to become a better player". I'll read up on class changes when they happen but I can't be arsed with macros and a crap ton of addons to "pull the perfect dps" or anything like that. LFR or the occasional normal/heroic raid with friends is plenty enough for me. Oh and I have not done PVP since vanilla, except due to some exceptional situations (like some achievements).
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Awareness : 9/10
    Reaction / adaption : 8/10
    Team-play: 8/10 (this was with taunts/traps etc, which have now been pruned...)
    Tank : 6/10 Not raided as a tank since TBC/Wotlk but i do dungeons/mythic dungeons a lot, would be higher if i raided.
    DPS (Melee) : 6/10
    DPS (Ranged) : 9/10
    Healer : 7/10

pve - hunter main
    Overall: 8/10

7+ Year Old Account
    awareness: 9
    reaction/adaption: 9
    teamplay: 8
    tank: 4
    dps(melee): 5
    dps(ranged):7
    healer: 10

pve
    overall: 8.7
    tank: 1
    dps(melee): 3
    dps(ranged):9
    healer: 8

pvp
    overall: 7.6

i think im pretty decent in both pve and pvp, i always try to improve myself nontheless
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-08-23 at 02:33 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Awareness : 9
    Team-play: 8
    DPS (Melee) : 6
    DPS (Ranged) : 9
    Healer : 4

These numbers are probably a little different nowadays for me, as I don't play consistently anymore, but this is what I would rate myself in my hayday.

I never really tried healing but I feel I would do awful with mana management.

Deleted
    Awareness : 7
    Reaction / adaption : 6
    Team-play: 8
    Tank : 7
    DPS (Melee) : 8
    DPS (Ranged) : 7

I can clear mythic content just fine as long as the guild doesn't disband. I'd say my biggest hurdle would be learning fights without trial-and-error. I will die to mechanics a few times on the first pulls, but learn pretty fast from there. This is why I hate not progressing a boss with the group from the start and joining in on "farm" kills later.

And for Legion I will be going pretty casual on the raiding so this is juuust fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Awareness: 8 I admittedly lapse at times, especially when raid nights get long, but I do my best as much as possible.

Reaction / adaption: 8 Getting better at this with more practice, I used to be much worse.

Team-play: 9 As I am the raid leader usually and it's my job to keep the team working together

Tank: 9 Because there is always room for improvement, once upon a time I was a top 10 tank (WoTLK), but took a long break with MoP

DPS (Melee): 7 Focused heavily on Tanking, only got into melee with this past expansion, but still main a tank.

DPS (Ranged): 6 Again, heavily focused on tanking, was only ever a decent ranged player, but with Legion I may range more.

Healer : 8 Healing was my alt's main spec for WoTLK, Cata and WoD. It'll likely be the same for Legion as well. I'm a pretty good healer, but I occasionally am that guy that cleanses when you aren't supposed to or something like that. XD

PVE
    Overall: 9 I'm not the best or most amazing, but I definitely made it into Mythic raiding for WoD within 2 months of coming back to the game, and were it not for lack of finding a group still running (I've been back for about 6 months now), I would have cleared HFC Mythic.

How likely are you to care enough to try and improve your game play / knowledge?
    Improvement is something I am always looking to do, and I'd love to be in a world's first down of a raid. We'll see =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Awareness : 8
    Reaction / adaption : 8
    Team-play: 10
    DPS (Melee) : 8
    DPS (Ranged) : 6
    Healer : 5

PVE
    Overall: About a 7.5

No clue about scales. I just know I was a MT from Vanilla to end of BC and saw progression in raids most didn't. Wrath - MoP as a hunter I was off and on again Heroic raiding top 100 US guilds, picking up top 100 world parses, and always #1 on my server. Since then I've basically lost interest in being "hardcore" so I'm a "mythic caliber player" enjoying less stress in a norm/heroic environment

TL;DR I can still hang with the best but I don't.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Awareness : (Not standing in fire) & (positioning) 7.5, I know things and tend to do what I should, i do not research anything going in and if no one explains it, i don't tend to pick up on it (WoD, what's good to stand in, run away from etc, no fucking idea).
    Reaction / adaption : (Interrupts & CC) / (one of the players who were assigned to interrupts died. and you step in.) Hope this made sense. 8 I interrupt and CC pretty well, if someone else dies, i might pick up on it - I WILL if I am the healer, cuz i'll notice it on my grid.
    Team-play: (Throwing offheals and taunts and dps, when not playing the respective roll) 9, my boomkin spent 40% of his time in bear form due to overpulling tanks and was always 30% heals by keeping rejuvs up on people cuz... tanks kept getting crushed.
    Tank : (Playing as a tank) 10 when solo, 4 when in a group. I'm ok when I can just sit there and soak, but if i need to do anything... i is the bad.
    DPS (Melee) : (Playing melee dps) 6 I can't see, so switching targets can be a bother and so I just won't. I'll interrupt and stun etc
    DPS (Ranged) : (Playing ranged dps) 8 pretty solid, i'll blow up that solo ranged mob, do whatever I can to make my numbers look good, but not at the expense of the group.
    Healer : (Playing a healer) 9, I'm a superb healer. No one dies and I do 10% of the damage at least.

pve / pvp (which one you rated yourself on) PVE, but this applies to PVP as well.
    Overall: (How you rate yourself as an overall player) overall, probably like a 7, but I know my strengths and tend to stick to those.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

A solid 7. I'm good, but I'm not Mythic good, but I don't die to fire.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Oh buddy, I really really understand you now. Same stuff here
    Let's hope people are less acid. Good luck there! Hope you get things right! Peace!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Awareness : 10
    Reaction / adaption : 10
    Tank : 0
    DPS (Melee) : 10
    DPS (Ranged) : 7
    Healer : 9

Overall (PVE) : 10

I see a lot of people in here rating themselves for fun. I'm sure that was mostly the point of this topic. Then I see other people in here saying "you guys seriously overestimate yourselves". Well, maybe some are. Maybe some aren't. There isn't a real solid way to prove anyone in here incorrect in their self-ratings. But something to consider: I bet the best WoW player ever doesn't even play in a world-first guild. Maybe he/she does, but you have to be more than just an elite player to be in serious contention for world-first. You have to be able to raid pretty much non-stop for one. You have to want to sit in front of your computer for 10, 12, 18 hours a day during progression. There are many people out there with ungodly skill in WoW who could probably be considered casual players.

Anyhow, I'm sure some people are indeed overestimating themselves. Maybe seriously. Maybe for luls. But I guarantee that someone in this topic who rated themselves a 6 or 7 in those categories are more like 9s or 10s. Of course the whole thing is subjective anyhow, even if you are trying to be objective in the rating. So all you try-hards who think that anyone else in here is just not possibly as good as you are...relax.

Quote Originally Posted by denzildk View Post
    you say not even all top 10 guild players are 9/10, and while this might be true isnt 9/10 just that you are in the top 10% of players, and 5/10 would be in the top 50% of players, i know not everyone in top guilds are good, but you'd expect them to kick anyone who's not atleast in the top 10% of players.

you sound (an i'm totaly assuming and being prejudistic here) like thouse guys on the interwebs crying about a game they've hyped way to much onely getting a 9.8/10 score instead of a perfect 10
    Not at all, just stating the irony with the title - people are not being honest with themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    You might want to get rid of that as it makes the rest of the things you say seem less accurate. When you're saying that the best 300 people at something in the world aren't 9/10s then there's an issue with how you define that 10 or how unknowing you are of the skill difference between them and everyone else. If 10 is not making any mistake whatsoever and being simply put perfect most of those 300 players are a 9.9 at the things that they do. The difference between a 9 & a 10 for the guilds in the progression race is usually a wipe.

People may be overestimating themselves in the thread but you're really underestimating top players and how good they are.
    What I define as a 10 is exactly that - perfect. Nobody is perfect. Nobody is absolutely mistake-free. A player with a proper 10/10 would NEVER make mistakes. EVER.

I don't believe a single person in the world is a 10 at anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Of course it is.

Anyway, people are talking about being in TOP10 guilds. How does guild makes your performance better? It doesn't. There is a fire mage(or was?) who had 100% on the warcraft logs in 6 from 1 bosses and he wasn't even in TOP50 guilds I think. He just knew how to play his class almost perfectly.
    I figured it was, as nobody really claims to be a 10 seriously. I just used your post as an example.

I should mention, what I meant by "not even everyone in the top 10 guilds are 9/10" is that not EVERYONE is. Sure, maybe 90% of the guild is up there or above, but you don't have to be a 9/10 (overall - do note that that includes team play and such - for your class) to be in those guilds.

Awareness : 10
    Reaction / Adaption : 10
    Tank : 6
    DPS (Melee) : 7
    DPS (Ranged) : 10
    Healer : 9

Ranged DPS PvP: 10
    Ranged DPS PvE: 10

Ranged DPS Overall: 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Awareness : 8 (sometimes I tunnel but am quickly to realize it)
    Reaction / adaption : 10 (I'm always on top of interrupts, Purging, and Spellstealing)
    Team-play: 7 (depends if I feel like it or not but more often than not I'll help out. I'm just a helper kind of guy)
    Tank : 6 (I'm decent but never really tanked any raid bosses. I did a couple back in WotLK but I kinda sucked and it made me less interested in tanking so I just stick to dungeon tanking)
    DPS (Melee) : 8 (as long as I have the gear I can do decent DPS)
    DPS (Ranged) : 8 (same as melee)
    Healer : ??? (I've only ever healed once a long time ago in WotLK as an offspec for my shaman just to test it out and I didn't really enjoy it so I never healed again from then on. I do plan on boosting my Druid come Legion to offspec in healing so I'll give it another shot)

99% PVE. I only PvP when I need some mog gear. I suck at PvP so I just perform guerrilla warfare.

Overall: 8. I never considered myself a great player just a good one who knows enough about the game to know what I should/shouldn't do and how to play my classes. Just a decent player, story of my life too.

I feel like I don't need to improve or work harder to become a better player. I am satisfied with the kind of player I am. I don't treat WoW as job but as a game I like to play in my spare time. It's a hobby not a second job.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-08-23 at 07:53 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I'm absolutely shit, but it doesn't bother me at all. Still manage to have lots of fun.

Deleted
    I play healing classes exclusively. Only use my dps specs for leveling and questing but all the raiding I've done is as a healer (it is the role I enjoy).

Awareness : 9
    Team-play: if we only define being a team player by doing other roles in the guild I'll rate myself 1 I guess. If I wanted to dps I'll main a dps spec. If you define it by actively helping the guild, running dungeons over and over so people can get gear even when I don't need anything and stuff like that, passing on loot, etc. then I'll be a 10.
    DPS (Melee): 3
    DPS (Ranged) : 4
    Healer : 10
    Last edited by mmocd3b3345756; 2016-08-23 at 08:29 PM.