Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I knew it would be nerfed, but jesus its a big one.
    I think that this is good, realm hopping was silly in the first place. Realms should stay seperate, just delete the empty ones and give free transfers to the medium ones.

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    I have 5 accounts and just multibox leveled toons on other servers via invasions. Took 2 days to get 4 toons to 100 and now I can realm hop to 4 other dead realms
    ... well-played.

Time to get rolling on some new servers
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    I have 5 accounts and just multibox leveled toons on other servers via invasions. Took 2 days to get 4 toons to 100 and now I can realm hop to 4 other dead realms
    Heh. OK, you proved us all wrong, you maniac!

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Let me give you a friendly advice. I used to be a hardcore rare hunter, wasting hours upon hours upon hours of my life over not actually playing the game, but afking waiting for a mob to spawn instead. Then, when Blizzard turned crz bullshit on, I understood that rare camping is nothing but useless waste of precious time. So, my advice is: embrace the truth and show a big middle finger to Blizzard and their "rare hunting" idiocy, which is specifically designed over stealing your money while not letting you play the damn game.
    Don't blame Blizzard for putting in content that caters to a specific demographic. I won't blame them for putting in PvP when all I'm interested in raiding, after all.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    People are still trying to flood Custom groups, as you can see when you create a group named something random like "hhhhhhhhhhh".
    People don't catch on unless they try doing it in a populated area with other NPCS. Once you do that and realize none of the NPC's are phasing out you start to understand the new shard system.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    This.

You weren't "farming" pets as a hunter by hopping from realm to realm until you found one, you were exploiting an unintended feature. Camping out to get that rare spawn is a lot different from running an addon that hops you from realm to realm until you find what you're looking for.
    This is interesting.

As a counter, I would like to point out that by connecting realms through cross realms, Blizzard has created an environment where you could encounter many, many people camping these rare spawns, even on "low population" servers.

So to my horror the realm hoping nerf really just hit it hard.

I was in jungle getting some quick loot on my hunter. I saw that now we can only realm hop if the party/raid leader is in same zone as yourself. So was searching for daylie and kazzak groups...

That works a little bit, but for other zones it won't. Sooooo many grinds done with realm hopping which is now waaay harder...enjoy farm rare's in MOP...

Good. Good riddance to watching literally an hundred people cycle through the group you are trying to form.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by yabadabadoh View Post
    so blizz finally managed to "fix" their stupid idea. great!
    One stupid idea, at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcPoster View Post
    I think that this is good, realm hopping was silly in the first place. Realms should stay seperate, just delete the empty ones and give free transfers to the medium ones.
    Except it's opposite. There's no hopping now. Shards are created of each zone with all the servers in a region and filled up with players until they hit a threshold Blizzard sets. Then a new shard spawns and players entering the zone go there.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Let me give you a friendly advice. I used to be a hardcore rare hunter, wasting hours upon hours upon hours of my life over not actually playing the game, but afking waiting for a mob to spawn instead. Then, when Blizzard turned crz bullshit on, I understood that rare camping is nothing but useless waste of precious time. So, my advice is: embrace the truth and show a big middle finger to Blizzard and their "rare hunting" idiocy, which is specifically designed over stealing your money while not letting you play the damn game.
    So much this!

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew one day someone would complain about not being able to "realmhop" for easy Rares/Toys anymore and here we have our first champ.
    Welcome back to the days where you couldn't realmhop and actually had to camp like all the rest.
    Not a personal attack but usually the biggest complainers are those on those overpopulated servers. Enjoy a downside for once ^^.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2016-08-23 at 09:23 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Is the nerf really intended? Its a bit too harsh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mchamster View Post
    If you have a mage you can give yourself ports this way, I still give my toons ports to other towns and shrine using this method.
    Yes, and it annoys me when other people are joining the group while I'm doing that.

10+ Year Old Account

I was in jungle getting some quick loot on my hunter. I saw that now we can only realm hop if the party/raid leader is in same zone as yourself. So was searching for daylie and kazzak groups...

That works a little bit, but for other zones it won't. Sooooo many grinds done with realm hopping which is now waaay harder...enjoy farm rare's in MOP...

That was an unintended exploit of the system, not an intended feature.

Good riddance to it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thank fucking God, so tired of the armies of russian realmhoppers jumping in and out of raids. And it's not a nerf, it's a fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boo freaking hoo. If you don't want to spend the time required for something rare, it's fucking not meant for you by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    People have to remember that they will actually have a chance to farm stuff on their own realm now without having 100s of people zone in and out constantly. You can't go to all those other realms - but they also can't come to YOUR realm now.
    Old, unintended, system was still better if you play on a 'Full' realm - especially if you play during off hours.

Hopefully this means Blizz will have better data on acquisition (not tainted by realm hopping) from which to base spawn rate adjustments (although I doubt they retroactively adjust anything, even tho they said they would after first introducing crz in the first place ... but either way more for moving forward, how rare to make rares)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

... "farm rares"...?

You now have to camp it the old-fashioned way, which to a serious collector ain't all that big a deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I knew one day someone would complain about not being able to "realmhop" for easy Rares/Toys anymore and here we have our first champ.
    Welcome back to the days where you couldn't realmhop and actually had to camp like all the rest.
    Not a personal attack but usually the biggest complainers are those on those overpopulated servers. Enjoy a downside for once ^^.
    But it's not my fault all scrubs decided to invade my realm since vanilla :< MAKE THEM GO AWAY MHYROTH!11

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Thank fucking God, so tired of the armies of russian realmhoppers jumping in and out of raids. And it's not a nerf, it's a fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boo freaking hoo. If you don't want to spend the time required for something rare, it's fucking not meant for you by design.
    Amen. Even camping for a rare is playing the game for a long-term goal, not some scam by Blizzard.