Not sure if Blizzard is going to want to change this but, currently the buff from the daily quest at the peak of serenity stays on during raids. It always used to, but the mastery buff "enlightenment" used to be irrelevant because it was the same as the paladin mastery buff and they didn't stack.

Since that mastery buff has been removed, we now as a class have access to an 'external' buff to ourselves we can get which is something they should probably fix by having it removed by hitting a raid boss / dungeon boss. It also persists through death. I plan on stacking this buff every day (it stacks, i have 4 hrs+ on my alt already) until the xpac to level a little faster. [im also submitting this as a bug so u know]

TLDR; mastery buff from monk daily still applies and is now relevant because we no longer have the mastery buff available from any other source.

Edit; anyone else getting their SEF clones killed? think doomfire has been killing mine. Also they pull mobs if they run into range D;
    Last edited by Fireguard; 2016-08-23 at 05:18 PM. Reason: question
    Being bad is ok, just keep getting better

Ok, I could be the stupidest WW monk in this game--and if I am I will stop playing one--but as far as the rotation for WW monks. WalkingTheWind has something like this:

Fists of Fury
    Strike of the Windlord
    Whirling Dragon Punch (If you took this talent)
    Tiger Palm ( if <4 Chi and about to cap energy)
    Rising Sun Kick
    Rushing Jade Wind (If talented)
    Chi Wave / Chi Burst
    Blackout Kick
    Tiger Palm

Put my question is right now just to generate enough Chi points to do all those moves it seems every other ability I use is Tiger Palm to build up chi. So my rotation currently looks something like this:

1. Tiger Palm
    2. Blackout Kick
    3. Tiger Palm
    4. Fists of Fury
    5. Tiger Palm
    6. Blackout Kick
    7. Rising Sun Kick
    8. Tiger Palm

Am I friggen stupid and throughout all of my leveling did I miss some sort of Chi generator other than Tiger Palm so I'm actually able to use my other abilities more often without having to weave in so many tiger palms. Or, is that the way the WW is supposed to play?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    Ok, I could be the stupidest WW monk in this game--and if I am I will stop playing one--but as far as the rotation for WW monks. WalkingTheWind has something like this:

Fists of Fury
    Strike of the Windlord
    Whirling Dragon Punch (If you took this talent)
    Tiger Palm ( if <4 Chi and about to cap energy)
    Rising Sun Kick
    Rushing Jade Wind (If talented)
    Chi Wave / Chi Burst
    Blackout Kick
    Tiger Palm

Put my question is right now just to generate enough Chi points to do all those moves it seems every other ability I use is Tiger Palm to build up chi. So my rotation currently looks something like this:

1. Tiger Palm
    2. Blackout Kick
    3. Tiger Palm
    4. Fists of Fury
    5. Tiger Palm
    6. Blackout Kick
    7. Rising Sun Kick
    8. Tiger Palm

Am I friggen stupid and throughout all of my leveling did I miss some sort of Chi generator other than Tiger Palm so I'm actually able to use my other abilities more often without having to weave in so many tiger palms. Or, is that the way the WW is supposed to play?
    You use it quite often since it is your only chi generator and you need chi to cast other abilities.

PS: After the third palm you generally want to use RSK first intead of Blackout since it has higher priority and enables things like WDP one gcd earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Fireguard View Post
    Not sure if Blizzard is going to want to change this but, currently the buff from the daily quest at the peak of serenity stays on during raids. It always used to, but the mastery buff "enlightenment" used to be irrelevant because it was the same as the paladin mastery buff and they didn't stack.

Since that mastery buff has been removed, we now as a class have access to an 'external' buff to ourselves we can get which is something they should probably fix by having it removed by hitting a raid boss / dungeon boss. It also persists through death. I plan on stacking this buff every day (it stacks, i have 4 hrs+ on my alt already) until the xpac to level a little faster. [im also submitting this as a bug so u know]

TLDR; mastery buff from monk daily still applies and is now relevant because we no longer have the mastery buff available from any other source.

Edit; anyone else getting their SEF clones killed? think doomfire has been killing mine. Also they pull mobs if they run into range D;
    The mastery buff issue should solve itself after legion launches as the peak of serenity is destroyed by a demon attack, which leads us to Shen-zin Su - our new class hall. The area remains phased as destroyed afterwards and the quest is no longer available for lvl 100+ monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentor View Post
    You use it quite often since it is your only chi generator and you need chi to cast other abilities.

PS: After the third palm you generally want to use RSK first intead of Blackout since it has higher priority and enables things like WDP one gcd earlier
    Ok, so I'm not an idiot thinking it was my only chi generator! Also, thanks for the tip on the RSK after the third Tiger Palm!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    Ok, so I'm not an idiot thinking it was my only chi generator! Also, thanks for the tip on the RSK after the third Tiger Palm!
    No problem m8, I also think that walkingthewind made some kind of ability priority list so check that out

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...g#type=summary

these are some very impressive numbers
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing these sims. You need an unacheivebale level of haste to make it better.
    These are the sims I ran with CSP and Class trinket: Ascension and Engergizing Elixir I think a month or so ago Hinalover also posted the sims for talent/trinket combos and Ascension was 1 DPS behind Energizing Elixir. This is the post: Talent Sims Hinalover. I also simulated for 4 minutes to better represent my kills times during pre-patch.
    Last edited by Oziemaster; 2016-08-23 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Dao View Post
    The mastery buff issue should solve itself after legion launches as the peak of serenity is destroyed by a demon attack, which leads us to Shen-zin Su - our new class hall. The area remains phased as destroyed afterwards and the quest is no longer available for lvl 100+ monks.
    This is my first time hearing this. Do we lose our portal to orgrimmar/stormwind too? (please say we don't!)

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    These are the sims I ran with CSP and Class trinket: Ascension and Engergizing Elixir I think a month or so ago Hinalover also posted the sims for talent/trinket combos and Ascension was 1 DPS behind Energizing Elixir. This is the post: Talent Sims Hinalover. I also simulated for 4 minutes to better represent my kills times during pre-patch.
    Ah, you were talking about Prepatch, where there are crazy amounts of haste to make Ascension better.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Is there a point where spinning crane kick moves up the aoe priority depending on the stacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Is there a point where spinning crane kick moves up the aoe priority depending on the stacks?
    This is a good read:
    http://www.walkingthewind.com/2016/0...heorycrafting/

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Mcsteel View Post
    This is my first time hearing this. Do we lose our portal to orgrimmar/stormwind too? (please say we don't!)
    Peak of Serenity is completely ruined after 100 so no capital portal there anymore. Zen pilgrimage instead takes us to Shen-zin Su, which has a portal to Dalaran right near where we land. It's worth noting that Zen Pilgrimage only has a one minute cooldown, and the new Dalaran can take you to all old capitals (except Ashran/Northrend-Dalaran) as well as places like Dalaran crater in Hillsbrad, caverns of time, and Wyrmrest Temple.) Basically, we'll be as mobile as mages but it will take a loading screen or two more.
    Last edited by Hebb; 2016-08-24 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    With 0 haste:

SCK lasts 1,5 sec
    FoF lasts 4 sec

SCK deals 100% (+50% per stack) AP per hit and strikes 4 times
    FoF deals 525% AP per hit and strikes 5 times

Frequency:
    SCK: 2,66(6) strikes / s
    FoF: 1,25 strikes / s

DPS:

SCK: 266% AP (+133% per stack) DPS
    FoF: 656% AP DPS

389% AP DPS difference with 0 stacks

389%/133% = 2,92 ~= 3 stack to deal more DPS than Fists of fury

Of course remember about chi cost and duration. FoF lasts 2,666... longer than SCK and cost the same amount of chi. You basicly need 7 stacks to deal the same damage as FoF per cast. However, if you are using serenity, just use SCK if you have more than 3 stacks (I would recommend at least 5, because you can't use it few times in a row so you are wasting 1 gcd to fill this gap with tiger palm, chi burst or whatever). You also need to consider some factors: are the all mobs positioned correctly to hit all of them with FoF? What is your current energy and chi? And maybye you need FoF for boss if you are killing trash right before him?

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Dao View Post
    Peak of Serenity is completely ruined after 100 so no capital portal there anymore. Zen pilgrimage instead takes us to Shen-zin Su, which has a portal to Dalaran right near where we land. It's worth noting that Zen Pilgrimage only has a one minute cooldown, and the new Dalaran can take you to all old capitals (except Ashran/Northrend-Dalaran) as well as places like Dalaran crater in Hillsbrad, caverns of time, and Wyrmrest Temple.) Basically, we'll be as mobile as mages but it will take a loading screen or two more.
    I can still visit the old peak at any level on beta, and get the mastery buff from the daily quest. In the class hall, when going up the stairs on the left hand side is a portal to the old Peak. From there you can still do the daily quest, even at 110. Now if this portal goes away come launch then its all moot, but right now you can still get the buff. At 110, the buff is 2981 mastery rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is a 745 Malicious Censer better than a 725 stone, or a 715 mirror?
    Hi

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Is a 745 Malicious Censer better than a 725 stone, or a 715 mirror?
    Stone is basically BiS with SDI, for another 6 days at least
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

because im perm banned from the monk discord can someone give me a quick run down as to how you level your WW artifact? obvs im a MW but i'll be leveling as WW and want to make the initial 13 points i invest into the WW weapon worth it

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    because im perm banned from the monk discord can someone give me a quick run down as to how you level your WW artifact? obvs im a MW but i'll be leveling as WW and want to make the initial 13 points i invest into the WW weapon worth it

thanks in advance
    Either one really, right has a breakpoint when you hit crosswinds but that is 11 points in until it is better than left.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

thanks in advance
    http://www.walkingthewind.com/guides/tldr/