Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    People love playing free things and will continually tell other that is so not the case while trying to insult others because they have already felt defeat.
    So that's a "both" then?

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    So that's a "both" then?
    Yes it seems you are that person.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Yes it seems you are that person.
    No, seriously, I played on Nostalrius and knew many people there. I did not know a single person who wouldn't rather play an official Blizzard classic server. Not a single one. I'm sure there are SOME who would stick to private servers, but again, I never met one, and they are very very tiny minority. I also knew many players who would like to play a classic server, but don't want to play a private server due to reliability/latency issues, which is literally the exact opposite of what you're trying claim as truth.

You on the other hand are making up imaginary conclusions about a group of people you know nothing about, solely to defend Blizzard (why though?).

Your position is literally indefensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Laytnor View Post
    Oh fuck piss off, you damn drone. Have you got nothing better to do than to jump into any opportunity where you can somehow defend blizzard? This is not about your damn laws, politics, or anything else. This is about the simple fact that I miss it, and I had better time playing there than blizzard could provide for years now, nothing else. If you don't agree and you prefer what we had In WoD - Good for you. There's no need to raise an army of knights in shining armor to defend your mistress.

Infracted
    Rather than spit vitriol back at you, I'll recommend you check out this video. I'll add that while I don't particularly agree with the ultimate conclusion the dude who made this video came up with, it does explain the reason Blizzard shut down Nost very well. I'm not trying to "raise an army of knights" to defend Blizzard, I'm offering a legitimate pragmatic viewpoint on this debate. And I don't particularly agree with all of the decisions Blizzard makes either. I'd simply rather approach this topic without the negative bias players who were displaced by the shutdown of Nost typically express towards Blizzard. As such, I find saying shit like, "I'll never forgive Blizzard for what they did," to be extremely disrespectful since they're not operating to fuck the little guy, they're doing what any multi-billion dollar company would do in the same situation. The tone of the argument shouldn't be "FUCK BL1$$ARD GRRR U TAEK MY NOST NVR 5GET," it should be one which is understanding of the events which took place and willing to allow compromises should they ever decide to implement Legacy realms.

That said, my personal position has never been that Legacy shouldn't exist, it's simply that I feel they should be added at a time when Blizzard is no longer focusing on future expansions.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-08-24 at 02:44 AM. Reason: words

No, seriously, I played on Nostalrius and knew many people there. I did not know a single person who wouldn't rather play an official Blizzard classic server.
    Self-reported data from game pirates on how much money they would spend on legit copies, or want to spend, or whatever formulation you'd ask the question is inherently unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Self-reported data from game pirates on how much money they would spend on legit copies, or want to spend, or whatever formulation you'd ask the question is inherently unreliable.
    But less unreliable than wild guesses on whether or not people would pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    All I know is that millions more ppl were wiling to pay to play the "inferior" retail wow rather than the free "superior" version.

That's enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HTowN View Post
    All I know is that millions more ppl were wiling to pay to play the "inferior" retail wow rather than the free "superior" version.

That's enough.
    Both sides here are so ridiculously full of it that it's cringe-worthy. The truth of the matter is both versions of Warcraft have features that I would love to have in my ideal MMO. Vanilla had true linear progression with manageable attunements retail has complex encounter design... Vanilla was bugged to hell and half the specs were hot garbage but they were heaps more unique then they are now with the massive homogenization and ability prune after ability prune.

A pristine realm where they find a middle-ground would be my preferred option at this point.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    I don't think there's anything unreliable about the idea that less people would pay for the game than would be willing to play it for free. Piracy figures in retail games bear this out.

No, seriously, I played on Nostalrius and knew many people there. I did not know a single person who wouldn't rather play an official Blizzard classic server. Not a single one. I'm sure there are SOME who would stick to private servers, but again, I never met one, and they are very very tiny minority. I also knew many players who would like to play a classic server, but don't want to play a private server due to reliability/latency issues, which is literally the exact opposite of what you're trying claim as truth.

You on the other hand are making up imaginary conclusions about a group of people you know nothing about, solely to defend Blizzard (why though?).

Your position is literally indefensible.
    Many people. Man that must be everyone that ever was on nost right?

Deleted
    The thing is, Blizzard has the power to make an announcement and see how the community react to that. It's simple. It's not the same a private server that the only publicity thay have is...mouth to mouth, some twitter and sometimes streamers, that a full legal server made by Blizzard. If Blizzard announce that, i'm sure that millions of people around the world, at least, thay are gonna hear about a classic server.

And that is a big difference. Even with...let's say, 1 milion people playing day by day, that's 15.000.000$ a month in subscription. That's money that now they don't have right now.

Deleted
    Too many pages to go through. Anything new? Seems that after meeting nothing happened, which makes it look like a PR stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Too many pages to go through. Anything new? Seems that after meeting nothing happened, which makes it look like a PR stunt.
    Not sure either, but at this point I honestly don't think they will do anything about vanilla or legacy servers.

The hype revolved around Nostalrius is pretty dead now for the most part - as in, it's barely even talked about anywhere or brought up in conversation now.

Deleted
    Nothing new, but that maybe is cause they are working on something, or maybe they don't say nothing about the project to the Nostalrius people. Also, the Nostalrius people since...late june, are like don't saying nothing...maybe they are "helping" Blizzard with this? Who knows.

Maybe is PR but, at least, people have something to believe and hope ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sherenei View Post
    Im not trying to anger anyone here (I will probably offend someone somehow :P), but this thread is always flying around general discussion first page, where people who don't care about legacy servers just enter out of curiosity just to get upset about how others bash their "current servers", they post with anger and that keeps the flame always on. There is a separated subforum for professions and another for achievements anyway, having a separated one for these would make your moderation work way easier, just saying.

I mean, this thread alone has about 29440 post (20 per page x 1472 pages), that is not far from the Role playing subforum total (38870)
    a huge portion of posts here are the argument from uninformed people that feel attacked because they can not accept that some have differing opinions...
    so I highly doubt that such a subforum would have as many posts as this thread... without anything being able to be mentioned that is playable.

I don't know perhaps it would quell the flames a bit if people are directly offered a echo-chamber of sorts that supports their view? :P
    something like vanilla fans go here!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjTXdFsiC7g
    and fans of current wow go here!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e4qN2JhU78
    or perhaps that would ignite the flames even more because it portrays the other camp as obvious idiots compared to their own view/cause? :P

Deleted
    Nostalrius people are shills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    Nothing new, but that maybe is cause they are working on something, or maybe they don't say nothing about the project to the Nostalrius people. Also, the Nostalrius people since...late june, are like don't saying nothing...maybe they are "helping" Blizzard with this? Who knows.

Maybe is PR but, at least, people have something to believe and hope ^^
    Then there is hope. Nobody saying anything is a good thing, it could mean some secret project is happening.

Or it could mean everyone was on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    And that is a big difference. Even with...let's say, 1 milion people playing day by day
    I don't think the market that'd pay for a classic WoW server is even one-tenth this size.

EDIT:

For comparison's sake - Everquest had 250,000 subscribers in 1999, and twice that number a few years later. However the market for people who would play Everquest today is practically nonexistent - the Everquest legacy realms operating right now have like 500 people on them, and they're free.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2016-08-24 at 08:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    I don't think the market that'd pay for a classic WoW server is even one-tenth this size.

EDIT:

For comparison's sake - Everquest had 250,000 subscribers in 1999, and twice that number a few years later. However the market for people who would play Everquest today is practically nonexistent - the Everquest legacy realms operating right now have like 500 people on them, and they're free.
    The thing is WoW is like 100% huge than Everquest in player base, so it's not a good comparison. And 1 million is like a...10% of the retail community that happen every expansion, it's not that huge. And it's totally posible.
    Last edited by mmocb8e5fd8d57; 2016-08-24 at 08:43 AM.

which worked since people on official forums stoped spaming and this thread is the only rminder that Nost ever existed - finally people will abandon this dead horse too and topic will be ofrgotten untill next pirate server becomes to big and lbizzard shuts it too