7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Could it be something like senile dementia in his medical record? He clearly acts like he's suffering from something, some mental illness. If so that would kill any chance at the presidency and explain his faking it. Given his wealth there's no way he isn't being regularly seen by a doctor.
    Apparently there is a family history of Alzheimer's in Trump's family.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if this another sign of the end times but in South Carolina a poll came out today showing Clinton and Trump tied at 39% each with the third parties included. With just Trump and Clinton 455 T vs 43% C. Never ever thought I would see something like this in my lifetime.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Apparently there is a family history of Alzheimer's in Trump's family.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if this another sign of the end times but in South Carolina a poll came out today showing Clinton and Trump tied at 39% each with the third parties included. With just Trump and Clinton 455 T vs 43% C. Never ever thought I would see something like this in my lifetime.
    The rapture is truly coming, hardcore red states are battleground states.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are an aging dying minority. They are crazy nut jobs and will always be crazy nut jobs but this is the apex of their strength. Demographics doom them and the reason they are lashing out right now is because they have just woken up to that fact, and are thrashing around trying to escape the demographic tar pit they are stuck in.

Nearly 40% of Americans between 30 and 49 are Trump supporters. That may be a minority, but it's a pretty freaking large minority, and one that can make a big difference in national politics.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    The rapture is truly coming, hardcore red states are battleground states.
    I'm not entirely sure. Nate Silver still gives her only a 33% chance of winning SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    So The Run Up Podcast (New York Times Election Podcast) had an interesting thought. Some people have been wondering for a while if Trump really wants to win the presidency, or if he's just trying to build his brand. Made some sense to me, but what didn't occur to me is that him just recently deciding to bring the former CEO of Fox News, the head of Breitbart, and Sean Hannity into his camp may be the first completely clear indication that Trump is trying to build a new media empire. We may be seeing the nascent Trump News Network beginning to grow in the womb of Trump's campaign. This, folks, is why we need abortion to stay legal.

The Alt Right already has a "news outlet" bubble to wrap themselves in, with Breitbart, Drudge, Blaze, Rush Limbaugh, etc. How much crazier will it get when it has the veneer of legitimacy of a 24 hour news network? And no, Fox News, while definitely conservatively biased, is not completely Alt Right. It's more Neocon, I'd say.
    Out of all of those, the alt right only gives Drudge any attention or kudos. Blaze is a shitshow that can't decide what it is, and Beck has pretty much burned his last bridges to that camp with his embrace of Facebook policies and some of the really dubious shit he's said this cycle. Breitbart stopped being reliable after Andrew died and only the older generations listen to Rush anymore, who is more or less a Neocon dressing up Neocon arguments in Tea Party language. They've gone to much lower key online areas over the last few years, mostly.

As for Trump building a network, it really wouldn't surprise me at all. I think he's definitely trying to build his brand, win or lose I'm sure he's got criteria and gameplans that help move it forward either way. Whether or not something comes out of it all that is long lasting would remain to be seen, with the departure of Ailes from Fox you know it's going to begin a slow drift towards pure Establishment and jettison whatever remaining grassroots/Tea Party makeup it has. It definitely opens the door for a streamlined 2009-10 combative Fox clone.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Google 'Donald Trump Golfing' and tell me that man looks like he is healthy, hell he looks like he is wearing a diaper in most of the shots. Anyone looks healthy in a suit, but casual wear? Holy hell. Healthiest elected official in the history of presidents my ass...

http://images.performgroup.com/di/li...g?t=1720692958

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/a...nd-780x439.jpg

That would of course be ignoring the 45 year old Obama as president I guess.

This idea that Trump is both building towards his presidential run and a news network is an interesting one but I think it's somewhat conflated with the general shift from standing, traditional news media to new formats.

They are an aging dying minority. They are crazy nut jobs and will always be crazy nut jobs but this is the apex of their strength. Demographics doom them and the reason they are lashing out right now is because they have just woken up to that fact, and are thrashing around trying to escape the demographic tar pit they are stuck in.
    This seems like a somewhat odd assumption that alt-right racial nationalism would be exclusive to old folks.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Then tell Trump to build gold courses in US, not Scotland...
    He has . As of 2012 , he owned 12 golf courses. 10 of which are in the US. 1 of the 2 others is in Puerto Rico. I think he has added some since then. He mainly buys struggling golf courses and rebuilds them, such as he has did recently in Scotland.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/list...olf-courses#12
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-08-24 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    This idea that Trump is both building towards his presidential run and a news network is an interesting one but I think it's somewhat conflated with the general shift from standing, traditional news media to new formats.

This seems like a somewhat odd assumption that alt-right racial nationalism would be exclusive to old folks.
    to your first point, he could go to the the new format as a subs based web or something along those lines.
    For your second point, i agree, but that way of thinking is concentrated strongly among older people
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2016-08-24 at 03:34 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I'm not entirely sure. Nate Silver still gives her only a 33% chance of winning SC.
    38%, but if that's your qualification, then you're not sure ohio is a battleground state either. Trump has a 27% chance of winning ohio according to the same source. Ditto florida, north carolina, penn, colorado, iowa, and nevada; all states where trump has less than 38% forcasted chance to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    38%, but if that's your qualification, then you're not sure ohio is a battleground state either. Trump has a 27% chance of winning ohio according to the same source. Ditto florida, north carolina, penn, colorado, iowa, and nevada; all states where trump has less than 38% forcasted chance to win.
    Actually, right now, it's 33.8% in SC. And in Iowa, he's at 40.9 % http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...-forecast/#now

Edit - to be clear, I was looking at it with the Now Cast option selected. That must have been the reason for the discrepancy.

Beyond that, I'm not sure I understand your post. Unless you're saying that Trump has a very low chance to win in any of the other states that you mentioned. I would agree. My point is that traditional battleground states are turning safely Clinton, but I don't think South Carolina has or will become a battleground state.

If I misunderstood your point, then I'm sorry.
    Last edited by Merkava; 2016-08-24 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    One of the things I support. More focus on Americans and less meddling in the affairs of other countries.
    You don't just stop foreign affairs in order to "focus America", nor visa versa. Neglect to either focus would make for a terrible president. Nobody should ever lie to themselves that the U.S. is capable of producing enough to meet our consumption levels.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh this is great. CNN is now posting a non-opinion piece on Donald Trump's health.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/23/politi...lth/index.html

Again, don't keep calling the media liars, biased or the worst of humanity when they've been running your campaign for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Actually, right now, it's 33.8% in SC. And in Iowa, he's at 40.9 % http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...-forecast/#now

Edit - to be clear, I was looking at it with the Now Cast option selected. That must have been the reason for the discrepancy.

Beyond that, I'm not sure I understand your post. Unless you're saying that Trump has a very low chance to win in any of the other states that you mentioned. I would agree. My point is that traditional battleground states are turning safely Clinton, but I don't think South Carolina has or will become a battleground state.

If I misunderstood your point, then I'm sorry.
    My point is that SC is as much a battleground (in this election specifically, if you mean generally, then ya, I'm with you, SC is not a battleground state) as a lot of other states. I was just using the default tab it brought me to from 538's main page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He has . As of 2012 , he owned 12 golf courses. 10 of which are in the US. 1 of the 2 others is in Puerto Rico. I think he has added some since then. He mainly buys struggling golf courses and rebuilds them, such as he has did recently in Scotland.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/list...olf-courses#12
    I don't understand how examples of his golf courses outside US, is helping your point. By the way, Peurto Rico as an American territory. Trump is running for the president of that as well...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I don't understand how examples of his golf courses outside US, is helping your point. By the way, Peurto Rico as an American territory. Trump is running for the president of that as well...
    If 11 out of 12 are in US or US territories, how exactly is it not "Trump building golf courses in US"? (which is something you wanted him to do)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    If 11 out of 12 are in US or US territories, how exactly is it not "Trump building golf courses in US"? (which is something you wanted him to do)
    Uhm... Yes, why is he building a golf course outside US? I don't understand the point you are trying to make...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Uhm... Yes, why is he building a golf course outside US? I don't understand the point you are trying to make...
    Why does he have to build golf courses exclusively in US? :/
    It's still "America first" if he first builds in America :P

He probably got all he could in US (as in "cheapest to buy", "best location", "no competition around", "got good manager available to oversee it") and then Scotland offered great deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Google 'Donald Trump Golfing' and tell me that man looks like he is healthy, hell he looks like he is wearing a diaper in most of the shots. Anyone looks healthy in a suit, but casual wear? Holy hell. Healthiest elected official in the history of presidents my ass...

http://images.performgroup.com/di/li...g?t=1720692958

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/a...nd-780x439.jpg

That would of course be ignoring the 45 year old Obama as president I guess.
    Honestly, looks like he's 1 Big Mac away from a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Give credit where credit is due; Republican politicians stating they will not vote for Trump, and Republican voters leaving the party/staying home to avoid voting for him, that is Republicans standing up for their principles.

I might disagree with them, politically, but I absolutely respect those Republicans who aren't toeing the party line, and taking a stand against Trump's assault on previously-Republican ideals.
    My gut is telling me that the GOP is going to be in big dwang after this election because they haven't distanced themselves enough from Trump. They had a similar situation in the past with the African Americans and now look at the vote they get from that demographic (Trump is polling at 1% which isn't much worse than Romney and co did). Trump is effectively putting them in the same boat with other demographics. There are too many Republican members of congress that are trying to walk this line of not distancing themselves from Trump while at the same time not supporting him.