Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    The elemental artifact is pretty good if you actually stop whining like kids and see what the perks are.

But hey feel free to join the masses of paladins,warlocks,mages,dks,warriors,priests,rogues,hunters saying the same things about their "terrible spec,artifact"

In two months from now, it will be so fun to see what these crybabies will actually do.
    I talking about artifact ability and talent synergy. Artifact ability working with LB/CL and we have 4 talents for LvB and only one for LB/CL. Error 404, logic not found.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    That right there is probably one of the biggest problems. Elemental has one of, if not the, worst designed artifacts in Legion, and an artifact rework is not exactly something I see happening at this stage.
    This is the exact same thing you will read on every class forum

7+ Year Old Account
    The elemental artifact is pretty good if you actually stop whining like kids and see what the perks are.

But hey feel free to join the masses of paladins,warlocks,mages,dks,warriors,priests,rogues,hunters saying the same things about their "terrible spec,artifact"

In two months from now, it will be so fun to see what these crybabies will actually do.
    Unfortuantly our Artifact doesnt work properly with our talents...... Priests are in the same boat. EG: The fact that Fire Elemental gets a reduced cooldown per lavaburst....kay good sounding right?? Nope. Having said Perk stops you from taking Storm Elemental which Fire Elemental replaces. Our talents do not synergise at all. Hence why Elemental shamans alone have 2 distinct builds one for Burst (Fire Based) and one for Sustained (Lightning Based) and even those still dont mesh well with the artifact as a whole because as people have stated there are X fire related abilites in the Artifact and only Y Lightning based ones.

I think the misconception is this: There is no Synergy as i have stated. (Which okay cool isnt a big issue to some) but the problem that some of our required artifcat traits directly dont mesh with one another.... We dont scale well with gear at 110 because of the shoddy artifact atm and because of this we are hampered again by our own toolkit and talents and even artifact because of the lack of a cohesive artifact and talent selection.
    Last edited by gambit998; 2016-08-24 at 01:30 PM.

Theres also the fact that elemental scales much poorer now. Crit is our best stat even though it hasn't changed mechanically for us at all, the other stats have just become poorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Theres also the fact that elemental scales much poorer now. Crit is our best stat even though it hasn't changed mechanically for us at all, the other stats have just become poorer.
    That's not exactly true, we have regained elemental focus and have lost our multistrike chance on lava burst based on crit, so it has changed a bit mechanically. That said, the other stats have certainly dropped, especially if you are comparing the strength of our mastery to WoD's multistrike.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    That's not exactly true, we have regained elemental focus and have lost our multistrike chance on lava burst based on crit, so it has changed a bit mechanically. That said, the other stats have certainly dropped, especially if you are comparing the strength of our mastery to WoD's multistrike.
    Agreed....we might not copy as much but ur copies hit for alot more than they did in WOD. I honestly think this is exactly why our damage was so bad in WOD TBH.

7+ Year Old Account
    any mage complaining about anything is something to be laughed at, not ammunition to tell the ele community they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Its negligible because lava burst will always auto crit. You get roughly 4 casts between each lavaburst (higher with more haste, less with less haste). Higher crit won't make a significant difference to the uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    This is the exact same thing you will read on every class forum
    I sure as hell know that's not true for Enhancement, given that it's considered one of the best designed artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    Unfortuantly our Artifact doesnt work properly with our talents...... Priests are in the same boat. EG: The fact that Fire Elemental gets a reduced cooldown per lavaburst....kay good sounding right?? Nope. Having said Perk stops you from taking Storm Elemental which Fire Elemental replaces.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=191512/elementalist

It does reduce the CD of storm ele. :P

Having said Perk stops you from taking Storm Elemental which Fire Elemental replaces.
    when you talent into storm elemental the perk text (at least on the german client) changes to "the cooldown of your storm elemental is reduced"... so maybe they fixed it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Kay i obviously didnt word that right :P My bad i mean it does, but the damage is horrid on Storm elemental anyways so sure lets take a DPS loss for pretty much 0 gain ><

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman are always hot garbage at the beginning of an xpac and amaze at the end, you learn to live with it

Kay i obviously didnt word that right :P My bad i mean it does, but the damage is horrid on Storm elemental anyways so sure lets take a DPS loss for pretty much 0 gain ><
    Storm Elemental in its current state is just useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 16dots View Post
    It's almost like saying: dogs don't bark because I had a dog that never barks.

Do you see the flaw in that sentence?
    It's almost like saying: all shamans are bad because all shamans have always been bad. They are the red-headed stepchildren of Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuareq View Post
    İ agree with shauren..

and have you ever seen shaman at 1. place?
    Couple times. They were strong for most of MoP, not first, but up there. Much like Balance was for all of WoD.

Also, lore wise, probably the most powerful, access to the elemental planes and forged by Aman-Thul.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Couple times. They were strong for most of MoP, not first, but up there. Much like Balance was for all of WoD.
    In Firelands, I was always #1 because of the insane 2p bonus (it was something like a 30% buff to dps). I honestly don't know how that made it live.

I just wish they had done what they said they would regarding talent choice. Most of the time there is still one right choice and that goes for most classes. I was hoping to see more new talents as well instead of the same old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by chriseggroll View Post
    I just wish they had done what they said they would regarding talent choice. Most of the time there is still one right choice and that goes for most classes. I was hoping to see more new talents as well instead of the same old ones.
    Thats what I've wrote ever since they presented their new class/spec overworks. People will always figure out the best talents for certain situations, no need to reinvent the wheel - resources which were wasted in juggling talents could be used to make specs like Elemental better.