Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    to which the night elves (remembering the corruption of the emerald dream and its effect on the druids) would reply - yes! it certainly matters what your intentions were, it's one thin g if your source goes corrupts and affects you negatively, like it has the druids and like it has the nightfallen, it's another thing if out of pride, arrogance, greed, addiction, lust for more power you defile yourself and over indulge. one comes out of a corrupt soul, the other is just the body - and all effort must be made to remedy by removing the corruption and cleansing the source

Such is the nature of magic,
    then shouldn't you be accepting the demon hunters then!!?

joining up with the legion tends to do that, and often makes your actions quite inexcusable, but at least in her case it wasn't for more power or glory or the usual things the evil people are tempted with and sell their souls. Sold your people to save them is interesting , and saving Elisande is far more interesting than klling her, because now a reckoning must come, fortunately for her, it woudl go along way cos without her we wouldn't have been able to use the nightwell to defeat Gul'dan
    She is in that regard a female Kael, with the difference she wasn't around the legion long enough to truly loose herself, but she functions on the same principle. As long as my people survive the rest of the universe can burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yes it is, since they made a choice and that choice has consequences, they decided to abandon food and supplement themselves on arcwine, becoming so utterly dependent on arcane power that without it they will literally wither away. They didn't dare to undo their shield for a brief moment or send an expedition into the outside world and never learned about the outside world so they didn't see it had survived.
    a choice? really? you will play the quests next week, there is no choice involved with the nightborne's situation. if they don't get arcwine they die. they didn't choose for the nightwell to become corrupt either. It happened. neither did the druids choose for the nightmare to happen, but it did.

Do you not know the story? The city was starving, food had run out, it was either starve to death or adapt. And it wasn't a bad thing to adapt the magical source to also sustain their bodies. Arcane sources remember enhance life, make you live longer, more resistant to ailments, heat/cold, make you smarter, stronger - it's not fel we're talking about here. The nightborne did what no one had been able to do, and it was out of necessity and wasn't a bad thing at all. It just so happens that unfortuantely for them, their source gets corrupt.

This is what makes their story so intriguing to me, you mean despite handling the arcane perfectly as model citizens in how to, did everything right unlike their other highborne counterpart,s they still end up corrupt, but it's not the same as Azshara's lot who willingly chose, or the Shen'drelar who had the hubris to trap a demon with its toxic fel powers. Now how would the night elves react to this situation where clearly it is not because they are morally compromised or corrupt in soul - would they still shun and show that their just prejudiced? or will they accept duly and correctly noting it is clearly different and seek to help. Well the quests answer the question, the night elves they meet accept and try to help, but most people will be expecting the night elves to hate the nightborne too like they were very mistrusting of the blood elves.

but they don't look close enough to notice many key differences, for starters the blood elves joined up with then enemies first Illidan then the horde. And the blood elves chose their path, deciding to go reckless and gain power as fast as they good. Fortune smiled upon them cos the majority turn from that dark path at Shattrath when Voren'thal leads the Scryers their, rebelling against Kael'thas. Different situation, but I'm pretty sure players wouldn't get it at first and the writers should use that, blood elf players get angry with night elves for accepting the nightborne, they will not notice that it is more like the emerald nightmare and not like Azshara.

The high elves did not intend to become addicted to magic either but the mere connection to well caused it regardless and as such they suffer the consequences of their decision to create a new well to this day.
    totally agree.

There are nightfallen who will drain anything, just like there are some who don't.
    You will notice that it is the nightfallen in stage 2 that will drain away, not the ones taht still have their wits about them, showing most of the nightfallen are good until they go past the point of no return.

They switched from ordinary food to arcane based arcwine and now they no longer can turn back, yup there own damn fault.
    you think so? I don't, I feel sorry for them, they did what they needed to survive, it wasn't a wrong thing either, it was actually quite ingenious. Who'd have known the source would get corrupt and it would have that effect?! It's not like you should'nt try anything just in case something might possibly go wrong in the future, you do what you must to get by, do well, and when you expereience problems along the way you try to fix them.

Yes you are right they could have dropped the shield to search for food, but they thought it was all chaos out there, and that option meant certain death.. so if they stay in they die, if they go out they die - that was their dilemma, they created option 3. Unconvenetional, but afterall energy is energy, it's a matter of converting one form to another

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    then shouldn't you be accepting the demon hunters then!!?
    we are working on it, look don't you see we work together now.

- - - Updated - - -

She is in that regard a female Kael, with the difference she wasn't around the legion long enough to truly loose herself, but she functions on the same principle. As long as my people survive the rest of the universe can burn.
    she isn't a female Kael, she's Elisande, her own self, you can make comparisons ofc, cos there are similiarities with Kael accepting the evil of FEl to save his people, and Elisande signing up with the legion to save hers, her actions were far worse than his in that regard, it's one thing to trust Illidan, who were find out was right, mostly, it is another thing to team up with the Legion....in that respect they are. However bear in mind that Kael'thas goes Legion for evil and corrupt reasons, not noble ones. Who knows if she may have gone that way in the end. It's unlikely though, she had her moment of temptation under Azshara's reign, she and her cohorts were devoted to their Queen, but they did rebel against her to save her people. She would do anything to save them, which sort of works in her favor, but something you just don't do, not even to save yourself. And I don't support cowardice either. BUt it's rich for me to talk sitting in a comfy chair huh.

we are working on it, look don't you see we work together now.
    so you admit you were wrong about them before -->?

so you admit you were wrong about them before -->?
    admit that the right information was not available at the time concerning them - action was taken on what could be trusted.

a choice? really? you will play the quests next week, there is no choice involved with the nightborne's situation. if they don't get arcwine they die. they didn't choose for the nightwell to become corrupt either. It happened. neither did the druids choose for the nightmare to happen, but it did.
    Yes they had a choice, lower the damn shield and look outside, they didn't and as such ran out of food and then used the arcwine as a supplement they made this mess themselves, because of their own paranoia.

Do you not know the story? The city was starving, food had run out, it was either starve to death or adapt. And it wasn't a bad thing to adapt the magical source to also sustain their bodies. Arcane sources remember enhance life, make you live longer, more resistant to ailments, heat/cold, make you smarter, stronger - it's not fel we're talking about here. The nightborne did what no one had been able to do, and it was out of necessity and wasn't a bad thing at all. It just so happens that unfortuantely for them, their source gets corrupt.
    Again their own fault, because they were too afraid to look outside.

This is what makes their story so intriguing to me, you mean despite handling the arcane perfectly as model citizens in how to, did everything right unlike their other highborne counterpart,s they still end up corrupt, but it's not the same as Azshara's lot who willingly chose, or the Shen'drelar who had the hubris to trap a demon with its toxic fel powers. Now how would the night elves react to this situation where clearly it is not because they are morally compromised or corrupt in soul - would they still shun and show that their just prejudiced? or will they accept duly and correctly noting it is clearly different and seek to help. Well the quests answer the question, the night elves they meet accept and try to help, but most people will be expecting the night elves to hate the nightborne too like they were very mistrusting of the blood elves.
    The high elves used magic responsible for nearly 7.000 years, only after their source of power was gone and they realized they had become depended on it, only then did they start into a downward spiral.

but they don't look close enough to notice many key differences, for starters the blood elves joined up with then enemies first Illidan then the horde. And the blood elves chose their path, deciding to go reckless and gain power as fast as they good. Fortune smiled upon them cos the majority turn from that dark path at Shattrath when Voren'thal leads the Scryers their, rebelling against Kael'thas. Different situation, but I'm pretty sure players wouldn't get it at first and the writers should use that, blood elf players get angry with night elves for accepting the nightborne, they will not notice that it is more like the emerald nightmare and not like Azshara.
    That happens after they are cut from their source of power and they feel the addiction gnawing at them and some nightfallen manipulate withered into raiding the last remaining blue dragons, to get their fix and ruptured a ley line, or drained fel magic etc.

You will notice that it is the nightfallen in stage 2 that will drain away, not the ones taht still have their wits about them, showing most of the nightfallen are good until they go past the point of no return.
    There are nightfallen around that drain anything as well.

you think so? I don't, I feel sorry for them, they did what they needed to survive, it wasn't a wrong thing either, it was actually quite ingenious. Who'd have known the source would get corrupt and it would have that effect?! It's not like you should'nt try anything just in case something might possibly go wrong in the future, you do what you must to get by, do well, and when you expereience problems along the way you try to fix them.
    Again all they had to do was lower their damn shield for a moment, but they were too crippled with fear to do so. If they had done that they could have easily grown crops outside the city.

Yes you are right they could have dropped the shield to search for food, but they thought it was all chaos out there, and that option meant certain death.. so if they stay in they die, if they go out they die - that was their dilemma, they created option 3. Unconvenetional, but afterall energy is energy, it's a matter of converting one form to another
    So because they were utterly paranoid makes it a correct decision and them no longer responsible for the long term consequences?

admit that the right information was not available at the time concerning them - action was taken on what could be trusted.
    i.e.wrong about DHs - in which case Nelves were wrong about he highborne they exiled, who compared to the Shend'relar they've recently accepted, were a good bunch of people.

The night elves owe the blood elven peoples an apology.

Deleted
    they are pretty much the same, so I would say natural alliance. In fact I imagine Blood Elves envy Nightborne. Living in a paradise, locked from the barbarians. Definately many magisters are going to build their own domes after this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    they are pretty much the same, so I would say natural alliance. In fact I imagine Blood Elves envy Nightborne. Living in a paradise, locked from the barbarians. Definately many magisters are going to build their own domes after this expansion.
    They might be quite sorrowful, seeing Suramar as such a marvel, being reminded of what Silvermoon was just a bit over a decade ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's kind of ironic that the Shal'dorei pretty much echo the story-arc of the Blood Elves in micro - rejecting the Kal'dorei's move toward a Druidic or monastic society by keeping their Arcane heritage, hiding themselves away from the greater world, and finally having their leader embrace the Legion out of misguided fear and a need to protect their traditions. I think the Blood Elves would feel a strong kinship to them, but I highly doubt the Nightborne would return the sentiment.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

i.e.wrong about DHs - in which case Nelves were wrong about he highborne they exiled, who compared to the Shend'relar they've recently accepted, were a good bunch of people.

The night elves owe the blood elven peoples an apology.
    concerning the high elf peoples, perhaps, yes, but the blood elves? no, not after Shalan'dris isle, Azshara, Desolace to name a few.

The high elves used magic responsible for nearly 7.000 years, only after their source of power was gone and they realized they had become depended on it, only then did they start into a downward spiral.
    yes, you're right, it was sad that, but look how the high elves responded, and look how the blood elves responded. All things considered they came out well though considering the adversity. I respect the high elves more for abstaining. Just like I respsect Thalyssra over Elisande even if she ends up being Tyrande'

That happens after they are cut from their source of power and they feel the addiction gnawing at them and some nightfallen manipulate withered into raiding the last remaining blue dragons, to get their fix and ruptured a ley line, or drained fel magic etc.
    again.. it's hunger they are feeling, you can't call it addiction in this case, this is hteir food now, not a pleasure trip that is destructive to your body.

There are nightfallen around that drain anything as well.
    I only remember one nightfallen in the Azsuna quest and he apologises profusely - not all the nightfallen that were exiled were good, but the majority of the ones not fallen to withered were the ones who opposed Elisande's decision to ally with the legion and they are good. If youc an bring any other instance of nightfallen in stage 1 doing that, please do, i'm not aware of it atm. And that can be down to personal choice too, it says something aht no nightfallen in their right mind would do things like that, its peaks of a high degree of nobility we are not use to seeing - despite the haughtiness of some of the nightborne. I like what I saw in Suramar, you see a wide range of people some hotty and arrogant, some humble and mmeek.

Again all they had to do was lower their damn shield for a moment, but they were too crippled with fear to do so. If they had done that they could have easily grown crops outside the city.
    yeah, but we say that now, remember to them it was a certain death decision - it was still a bit cowardly, I concede that, just like the night elves who shy away from arcane magic because it might bring the legion back. Was that cowardice cloaking itself as wisdom? Maybe if they didn't have druidsm availalbe through Malfurion they would have been a bit more brave.

Tbh, they are rich folk - that's what night elves were, geneerally a high society bunch of people with an even higher society caste that handled magical affairs, they didn't want to leave the comfort of their city. Still, the horror of the ivnasion was a mind scarring, soul scarring event. Unbelievable horror, remember these night elves had lived in an idyllic civilizaiton for nearly 5,000 years, and unlike the Hyjal group, their Suramar friends and family actually had a city with a power source. I think most of us in their situation would have been terrified. They didn't have the blessing of an aspect of the dream to shore up their spirit, or be forced to travel a hard long exile road to new lands, or encoutner all manner of dangers and struggles from Satyrs to trolls, Qiraji to all manner of hostile and foreign races.

They had everything going. rich folk, you have to understand, it's not just the highborne that were grand, they all lived good, they weren't lazy or inept or anything like that, but you would understand why they would be deathly afraid to drop the shield. But fear is still fear no matter how many justifications. Still I understand their choice, and the choice was not a wrong one either. It isn't morally wrong to convert the energy of the nightwell to an ingestible form, it's actually quite clever and ingenious. They coudln't possibly have known the nightwell in time would become corrupt, and that's how the corruption would show. But even if/when they discovered it which would have been relatively recently, it was not ideal, not good true, but manageable, as long as the supply kept coming, and it was the only way of surviving. and living. Now the shield came down with their greatest fears realized, now the full problem has to be confronted.

They are no longer the only ones on the planet, there is a massive war and power grab, they cannot remain dependent on the nightwell at all now as amazing as it is, it must be cleansed, adn the nightborne able to surivve of other means. T hat's the challenge now.

So because they were utterly paranoid makes it a correct decision and them no longer responsible for the long term consequences?[/QUOTE]

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I only remember one nightfallen in the Azsuna quest and he apologises profusely - not all the nightfallen that were exiled were good, but the majority of the ones not fallen to withered were the ones who opposed Elisande's decision to ally with the legion and they are good. If youc an bring any other instance of nightfallen in stage 1 doing that, please do, i'm not aware of it atm. And that can be down to personal choice too, it says something aht no nightfallen in their right mind would do things like that, its peaks of a high degree of nobility we are not use to seeing - despite the haughtiness of some of the nightborne. I like what I saw in Suramar, you see a wide range of people some hotty and arrogant, some humble and mmeek.
    I felt so sorry for Runas in the Aszuna questlines - driven half-mad by Arcane starvation, but still trying to retain some semblance of essential humanity even at the very end. It's been a long time since the plight of a quest NPC in a video game has evoked an emotional response.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's kind of ironic that the Shal'dorei pretty much echo the story-arc of the Blood Elves in micro - rejecting the Kal'dorei's move toward a Druidic or monastic society by keeping their Arcane heritage, hiding themselves away from the greater world, and finally having their leader embrace the Legion out of misguided fear and a need to protect their traditions. I think the Blood Elves would feel a strong kinship to them, but I highly doubt the Nightborne would return the sentiment.
    the only bit that's similar to the nightborne is the part about the leader. They didn't face any of the other things the high elves faced. And at least Elisande was not seeking after power and glory. It is different enough. They might be more disdainful of her, because at least Kael'thas didn't have the sunwell, and was forced to this, but then so was Elisande, she might have had the nightwell, but it would not have been enough to save her people.

They might be quite sorrowful, seeing Suramar as such a marvel, being reminded of what Silvermoon was just a bit over a decade ago.
    it does occur to me that while a fair few night elves would remember their home city, non of the blood elves would have seen what a full night elven city looked like. I still think it would be far more of a kcik to teh night elven descendants as that group would view it as a homecoming/ or a "return" of a city and family they had thought long lost, and vice versa.

I'm not sure they would be that sorrowful, it's been 10 years since the Sunwell was restored, I imagine Silvermoon is fully repaired. The blood elves have been having quite smashing successes in a lot of their endeavours, Silvermoon is in all likelihood fully repaired by now, look how quickly they did the first half of the city and that was less than a handful of years after the scourge and without the sunwell, - now with the sunwell, scourge defeated, security etc, nah.. no sorrow from them, maybe envy, but not sorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

how can you look at the two and find them the same? there are so many differences, some similarities ofc, or even a lot, but equally a lot more differences, i find far closer connection with the highborne and the night elves- and as such I don't think the Blood Elves are going to be liking the nightborne at all.

I'm not sure people get the nightborne or the night elves well at all.. but maybe it's because it is not released content, and people are much more fans of blood elves than night elves so actually don't know much about them outside nature hippy they've seen as horde members in WoW. Haven't read the books, or even been interested that much in the night elves, nor played WC3 and paid attention to the night elves, probably didn't know what all that highborne stuff was about and got confused about it because it was never much of concern, afterall being horde and being blood elf they would only be familiar with what the blood elves are.

Without knowing much of the night elves, they completely miss the far stronger connection with the highborne and the kal'dorei that the shal'dorei come from.

the only bit that's similar to the nightborne is the part about the leader. They didn't face any of the other things the high elves faced. And at least Elisande was not seeking after power and glory. It is different enough. They might be more disdainful of her, because at least Kael'thas didn't have the sunwell, and was forced to this, but then so was Elisande, she might have had the nightwell, but it would not have been enough to save her people.

it does occur to me that while a fair few night elves would remember their home city, non of the blood elves would have seen what a full night elven city looked like. I still think it would be far more of a kcik to teh night elven descendants as that group would view it as a homecoming/ or a "return" of a city and family they had thought long lost, and vice versa.

I'm not sure they would be that sorrowful, it's been 10 years since the Sunwell was restored, I imagine Silvermoon is fully repaired. The blood elves have been having quite smashing successes in a lot of their endeavours, Silvermoon is in all likelihood fully repaired by now, look how quickly they did the first half of the city and that was less than a handful of years after the scourge and without the sunwell, - now with the sunwell, scourge defeated, security etc, nah.. no sorrow from them, maybe envy, but not sorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I felt a lot of Elisande's dilemma was born of her shortsightedness, her unwillingness to make overtures of peace or at least mutual aid with the Horde or Alliance, even with the Kal'dorei they were once a part of of. Her stance read to me along the lines of "if we can't confront or at least hide from the Legion on our terms then let us embrace them, or at least curry their favor." Of course I also thought the Shal'dorei were exceedingly self-absorbed and egotistical, save for a few noteworthy exceptions, so it's possible I'm viewing her through that lens. Kael'thas traveled along a similar arc, although I agree his circumstances were a bit more dire when he did his heel-face turn to supporting the Legion.

concerning the high elf peoples, perhaps, yes, but the blood elves? no, not after Shalan'dris isle, Azshara, Desolace to name a few.
    Which happened after Night elves endangered the well being of their capital city.

yes, you're right, it was sad that, but look how the high elves responded, and look how the blood elves responded. All things considered they came out well though considering the adversity. I respect the high elves more for abstaining. Just like I respsect Thalyssra over Elisande even if she ends up being Tyrande'
    Crucial difference here is that the Thalaasians were beset by enemies and needed to feed in order to stay strong and fight back the advancing trolls and undead, the high elves left their homeland and hid behind the humans. Yes the blood elf could have abandoned Quel'thalas to the scourge and wouldn't have stained their hands with much blood.

again.. it's hunger they are feeling, you can't call it addiction in this case, this is hteir food now, not a pleasure trip that is destructive to your body.
    Why did it become their food? Yes because they were paranoid and didn't dare look outside, which is their own fault.

The ringleaders behind that assault are nightfallen the questchain ends with killing them, you want to paint the nightfallen as all noble and righteous? Why? There are enough examples that show us that it isn't the case, they are quite flawed and that is fine.

yeah, but we say that now, remember to them it was a certain death decision - it was still a bit cowardly, I concede that, just like the night elves who shy away from arcane magic because it might bring the legion back. Was that cowardice cloaking itself as wisdom? Maybe if they didn't have druidsm availalbe through Malfurion they would have been a bit more brave.
    They had a city and an entire army at their fingertips they could have rallied them all, prepared for the worst lowered the shield for just a moment, preparing for an demon onslaught but alas that they deemed something like that too risky, just as Xal'atath says "The fallen elves cower behind their wall. They know no other way..."

Tbh, they are rich folk - that's what night elves were, geneerally a high society bunch of people with an even higher society caste that handled magical affairs, they didn't want to leave the comfort of their city. Still, the horror of the ivnasion was a mind scarring, soul scarring event. Unbelievable horror, remember these night elves had lived in an idyllic civilizaiton for nearly 5,000 years, and unlike the Hyjal group, their Suramar friends and family actually had a city with a power source. I think most of us in their situation would have been terrified. They didn't have the blessing of an aspect of the dream to shore up their spirit, or be forced to travel a hard long exile road to new lands, or encoutner all manner of dangers and struggles from Satyrs to trolls, Qiraji to all manner of hostile and foreign races.
    They still had an army, they had the nightwell at their disposal and they knew their shield was not being attacked, but still they did nothing.
    They had everything going. rich folk, you have to understand, it's not just the highborne that were grand, they all lived good, they weren't lazy or inept or anything like that, but you would understand why they would be deathly afraid to drop the shield. But fear is still fear no matter how many justifications. Still I understand their choice, and the choice was not a wrong one either. It isn't morally wrong to convert the energy of the nightwell to an ingestible form, it's actually quite clever and ingenious. They coudln't possibly have known the nightwell in time would become corrupt, and that's how the corruption would show. But even if/when they discovered it which would have been relatively recently, it was not ideal, not good true, but manageable, as long as the supply kept coming, and it was the only way of surviving. and living. Now the shield came down with their greatest fears realized, now the full problem has to be confronted.

They are no longer the only ones on the planet, there is a massive war and power grab, they cannot remain dependent on the nightwell at all now as amazing as it is, it must be cleansed, adn the nightborne able to surivve of other means. T hat's the challenge now.
    Just because you can understand their actions, does not mean it won't have consequences. The consequences of hiding under their shield is quite simple utter dependency on arcane power, they made this mess themselves and must live with the consequences. The nightwell could be destroyed and if they don't find a new source and as such wither away and die out it would be their own fault.

I felt so sorry for Runas in the Aszuna questlines - driven half-mad by Arcane starvation, but still trying to retain some semblance of essential humanity even at the very end. It's been a long time since the plight of a quest NPC in a video game has evoked an emotional response.
    i know right.. it's so touching, and a good story, the whole nightborne/nightfallen situation really is stirring and such a touching display of sorrowful misfortune. It's very different tone the harsher and more evil tone when they did the blood elves, it reminds me again of the night elves, where the story is always sad and touching.

it's sad people miss this, just writing them off as addicted junkies, so use to the blood elf experience and not taking the time to pay attention to the beautiful story told. The night elven group have always been enigmatic, not quite what it seems up front, and this is carried on with the nightborne here too, i fear many ar enot really appreciating what is ben told here, missing the points. but maybe it's because they haven't really experienced it for themselves.

there are times in the story line you really hate the nightborne, and you really love them - some are arrogant and haughty, others are kind, brave, and courageous, but the suffering they are enduring at the ehands of the legion. can you imagine a night elf being in there, an ancient, it would bring back the horrors that they have spent 10k years trying to forget, but with the courage and the strength they have , they would do everything to help Thalyssra and Lunastre, and the people in the city.

They would be filled with compassion both for the nightfallen state and for the plight of those in the city who did not ask for this and have this awful choice to make, and i think the night elves would be proud that the nightborne themselves are rising up to fight the evil and would be glad to give them a hand.

but i wager most won't get this.

Actually most of the night elves wouldn't remember either, because almost all of the night elves who lived during the war of the ancients are dead by now. Tyrande even reflects on that in Wolfheart.

It doesn't matter if Silvermoon is rebuild, seeing such a grand city bustling with life is what would get to them, because even the side that has been rebuild was described as scarcely populated. They might have grand buildings, but they are empty and dead like most of their people.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

how can you look at the two and find them the same? there are so many differences, some similarities ofc, or even a lot, but equally a lot more differences, i find far closer connection with the highborne and the night elves- and as such I don't think the Blood Elves are going to be liking the nightborne at all.

I'm not sure people get the nightborne or the night elves well at all.. but maybe it's because it is not released content, and people are much more fans of blood elves than night elves so actually don't know much about them outside nature hippy they've seen as horde members in WoW. Haven't read the books, or even been interested that much in the night elves, nor played WC3 and paid attention to the night elves, probably didn't know what all that highborne stuff was about and got confused about it because it was never much of concern, afterall being horde and being blood elf they would only be familiar with what the blood elves are.

Without knowing much of the night elves, they completely miss the far stronger connection with the highborne and the kal'dorei that the shal'dorei come from.

nightborne are exactly what blood elves are but taken to ideal form. stars and such things are a mere theme. what matters is ever existing magixx, everlasting magixxx powered highly bred eugentistixx of magixx. kal'dorei and nightborne are opposite forces. not to mention, why would a highborne nightelves even play with those druid plebs?

- - - Updated - - -

yah definately. gonna important magic cages en masse. magically evolved beauties, belves will cry at the very sight of them

yah definately. gonna important magic cages en masse. magically evolved beauties, belves will cry at the very sight of them
    That might be a step too far tho, I think anyone would be sorrowful, but the blood elf attitude has never struck me as strong on compassion, it's more horde like, which is hard, and more like "tough shit!, get over it" or "you idiots, what did you think would happen if you joined the legion", it's the night elves that have that soft touch to them, you remember Darkshore ?

besides, some of those nightborne may actually be long lost relatives to some of the night elves, that's also going to put a lot of blood elves off. but who knows.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2016-08-24 at 06:10 PM.

nightborne are exactly what blood elves are but taken to ideal form. stars and such things are a mere theme. what matters is ever existing magixx, everlasting magixxx powered highly bred eugentistixx of magixx. kal'dorei and nightborne are opposite forces. not to mention, why would a highborne nightelves even play with those druid plebs?

- - - Updated - - -
    why are we even arguing, the developers tell you, nightborne are night elven arcane civilization that continued on and never fell to ruin. they are exactly what highborne are if they didn't fall to ruin, or the kal'dorei were if they didn't give up magic.

"we wanted to show what a night elf civilization was like if it hadn't gone to ruin, but continued on from the sundering unaltered." - everything about them, the city, the people, the style, the culture, if you'd read wota, or looked into the night elves and their arcane side, you'd find them a lot more like them.

Even the suffering is different, it is more a night elf orientated and geard thing, and whiles there are always similarities between the elves, since they are either night elves or variations of night elf, still, you're to look to the original group here, cos this is a part of the original group continuing on. They are also 10k year old+ ancients some of them.

You're shown a night elven tale, blood elves don't come into this here. It would be weird to make a night elven expansion and then make the main part of it, the level 110 zone focused on the blood elves instead.