... LastLast
    Lol Bear tanks should have High health they said

Lol Bear tanks having too much Health lololo

/blizzard

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    Lol Bear tanks should have High health they said
    Hey, we still have the second highest health among the tanks. And mitigation somewhere in the middle of the pack. And negligible self healing. Despite whatever Guardian spec fantasy should entail, we're living up to traditional druid class fantasy: reliably mediocre, middle of the pack. Never top dog, but also rarely the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Hey, we still have the second highest health among the tanks. And mitigation somewhere in the middle of the pack. And negligible self healing. Despite whatever Guardian spec fantasy should entail, we're living up to traditional druid class fantasy: reliably mediocre, middle of the pack. Never top dog, but also rarely the worst.
    Could be worse.... but then I tanked Molten Core back in "vanilla", so it's all easy from there.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post

Highest health is what bears should be

sorry

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenrais View Post
    Highest health is what bears should be
    I agree. I decided to forego the use of "sarcasm tags" in favor of excessive use of italics.

Seriously, though, we'll still generally have the highest health out of all similarly-geared tanks. Blood DK's will pass us only when they're able to hold onto a decent Bone Shield stack for a sustained period of time. And that, too, might change if Foul Bulwark ceases to be their go-to level-90 talent.

I'm pretty ok with the changes to our health pools, they're still quite big. Our guilds similarly geared paladin has 300k less health than I do (was 450k before nerf).

But the changes to threat can't come soon enough, especially when co-tanking with a paladin I keep losing aggro, sometimes just a couple of seconds after taunting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quizzical View Post
    I'm pretty ok with the changes to our health pools, they're still quite big. Our guilds similarly geared paladin has 300k less health than I do (was 450k before nerf).

But the changes to threat can't come soon enough, especially when co-tanking with a paladin I keep losing aggro, sometimes just a couple of seconds after taunting.
    Your guilds paladin can also go 100% immune to magic damage... so yeah.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Your guilds paladin can also go 100% immune to magic damage... so yeah.

Twice even

So did the update about reverting the AP nerf go live or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    So did the update about reverting the AP nerf go live or no?
    Nope. And if they fix it as fast as they fix the ironfur bug, we'll have it during 8.2

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Pretty sure most if not all "high threat" modifiers have been removed in favor of damage.

the threat problem is inexistant. you are simply comparing yourselves to overpowered tank classes with a ton of DPS/better burst.
    "The threat problem is not existent, yet there are tanks who will outaggro you" Sorry, could you explain that in a non-contradictory way? You literally just told me that there's no problem, yet some tanks are just overpowered, so there's very clearly a problem.

Also, if threat mods were removed for more damage, where the fuck are ours? Guardian is at the bottom of the tank DPS. Perhaps they could make Maul do ridiculous threat if it's gonna do ridiculously shit damage and fuckall else.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    "The threat problem is not existent, yet there are tanks who will outaggro you" Sorry, could you explain that in a non-contradictory way? You literally just told me that there's no problem, yet some tanks are just overpowered, so there's very clearly a problem.

Also, if threat mods were removed for more damage, where the fuck are ours? Guardian is at the bottom of the tank DPS. Perhaps they could make Maul do ridiculous threat if it's gonna do ridiculously shit damage and fuckall else.
    I find I often will be doing a fair amount more DPS then the other non-furry tank, yet can't hold agro off them. So clearly, they have some threat modifiers we lack.

-Kujako-

I know it's earlier to tell but my question here is, Why should we stay at Guardian instead go with another tank spec in Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanniTy View Post
    I know it's earlier to tell but my question here is, Why should we stay at Guardian instead go with another tank spec in Legion?
    Same reason I've played the same character for 11 years. Laziness.

-Kujako-

still top 3 tank in legion. if you were only playing one because they were OP then you can feel free to play something else. nothing stays the best forever.

Well, i'm staying Druid because it's the only class with a tank and ranged DPS spec.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because we like to play Guardian Druid ?

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Because we like to play Guardian Druid ?
    people have to remember - we were nerfed because things were going to scale out of control. and we we were compensated for it with ironfur buff.

we are strong tanks, top 3 for sure.

I think everyone has pretty much summed up how I feel about the changes but I do have a few questions that maybe someone can answer. With the lost to the mastery healing how does this impact our self heals (FR, lunar beam, resto affinity) or were these already not effected by it? (pretty sure they are).

Also with the buff to Ironfur does this make the talents that increase the armor it gives that much better and overall make up for the nerf aside from magic damage?

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    still top 3 tank in legion. if you were only playing one because they were OP then you can feel free to play something else. nothing stays the best forever.
    I know, i'm not quitting Guardian druid because of this nerf, just asking where this put us on tank ranks now
    I love my big butt bear