Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question about baby titans

So what happens with Azeroth the world when Azeroth the Titan gets 'born'? Does Azzy hatch from the planet like an egg? Does the egg shell break and shatter, destroying everything on the outside? What happens to all of us then? Do we have a backup plan? Mass migration to Draenor? What?

I do not think Azeroth can 'hatch'. That is part of the point. She is unable to become a full Titan due to the shit that has happened to her. However with Magni now as her speaker and soon the pillars of creation assembled we have a chance she might end up manifesting in avatar like form. But her entire power is more likely to end up in her caretakers, that is the players as likely the deus ex machina to protect us against Sargeras or even Void Lords.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

I had similar thoughts about this.

I posted this in a thread about the Legion winning and destroying Azeroth but it is relevant here:

Quote Originally Posted by Neryaf View Post
    I've seen a lot of people calling for Azeroth to be destroyed or damaged, however I've not seen anyone talk about the fact that inside the planet's core is the nascent Titan called Azeroth; the very reason for Sargeras' assault on our planet.

Sargeras fears Azeroth(the Titan), as he knows the Old God's corruption has already reached our planet and that a Dark Titan is the worst threat the Universe faces. It's the very reason he created the Burning Legion; to destroy all corruptable life before it can fall to the Void.

On the flip side of this, we don't actually know what happens to a planet hosts a titan within it's core, but the Chronicles insinuates that the planet literally becomes them. Mountain ranges and valleys across their gigantic forms. Planets could be literal eggs for these planet-sized cosmic beings that are irreversibly changed when the Titan springs to life.

The only way out of not having our planet changed in some way, would be for the Chronicles to be retconned to be apparently stating vaguely that the Titans are big enough for there to be mountain ranges on their skin, but they don't really. That the planet they emerge from is left as it was and they just sort of.. ZOOP teleport into the space outside the planet. A little bit lame, but a way for Azeroth to exist as a good Titan and us still be able to quest in Stranglethorn Vale.

In all likelyhood, my vote is that we stop the Legion invasion here on Azeroth, but know that this will never end if we simply keep defending and take the fight to the Demons worlds with the Army of Light. Not Sargeras himself, as we stand no chance against something of that physical size; but we dismantle his army to buy us time. Time to finally purge the Old Gods from Azeroth and awaken the titan as the only thing capable of assaulting Sargeras.
    As to whether it is too late for Azeroth and the wound that is the Sunwell, the Old Gods tendrels and the leeching of her lifeblood by mortal mages have all weakened her too much: we'll find out and I'm sure it will be a counter to Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    So what happens with Azeroth the world when Azeroth the Titan gets 'born'? Does Azzy hatch from the planet like an egg? Does the egg shell break and shatter, destroying everything on the outside? What happens to all of us then? Do we have a backup plan? Mass migration to Draenor? What?
    Maybe the world shapes into the Titans body and we continue to live on it while it travles the universe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Maybe the world shapes into the Titans body and we continue to live on it while it travles the universe.
    Chronicle states outright that the world shapes into the Titan's body, but unfortunately didn't say what happens to its inhabitants.

In before Illidan, Avatar of Azeroth.

Azeroth "hatching" would be the good ending of Warcraft, and Sargeras destroying her or the Void Lords corrupting her would be the bad ending.

So we don't have to worry about it, it's a plot device, not an actual storyline we'll ever see developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Chronicle states outright that the world shapes into the Titan's body, but unfortunately didn't say what happens to its inhabitants.
    Well, let's hope we get a bigger version of the Xenoblade world.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    In before Illidan, Avatar of Azeroth.
    So if Illidan is good enough for Sagaras soul...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    We don't know. But if there's a chance that it's birth will cause Azeroth's destruction as a world, I hope we spend an expansion trying to make it stillborn. It'd be interesting to fight something not inherently evil for the sake of our own survival.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-08-24 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    We don't know. But if there's a chance that it's birth will cause Azeroth's destruction as a world, I hope we spend an expansion trying to make it stillborn. It'd be interesting to fight something not inherently evil for the sake of our own survival.
    There would be 2 new factions replacing Horde and Alliance: Prolife and Prochoice

There would be 2 new factions replacing Horde and Alliance: Prolife and Prochoice
    Oh god please no. I deal with enough of that bullshit in real life as it is. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Azeroth doesn't want to wake up. She is more or less awake and talking to Magni, so she knows about all the peoples that live on her and fight for her. She doesn't want to kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Pantheon knows what happens when a titan awakens. Considering the titans plopped life down on Azeroth, life should be just fine if Azeroth were to awaken.

7+ Year Old Account
    can titans even fully awaken without the help of another titan?
    we know that aman'thul was the first, but he was the one who helped the other titans to wake up.
    he was basically the only titan, who woke up without any outside help.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The Pantheon knows what happens when a titan awakens. Considering the titans plopped life down on Azeroth, life should be just fine if Azeroth were to awaken.
    Well they plopped constructs and guardians down to clean up all the Old God stink and keep the grass cut; so I wouldn't be too sure they planned ahead for mortal life.

Plus Algalon lets us know that the Titans are black and white in a lot of their work, wiping out entire world populations for "straying from the makers path" and starting again (Halls of Origination being one of the tools used to wipe out life on our world if it went wrong).

It's entirely possible that we're fucked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    i thought titans didn't care all that much for mortal life? like they wouldn't really bat an eye if all the mortal races on azeroth were killed if the titan were born, the titan is their priority. The titans like order, and as long as the mortal races fit their view of order they allowed them to keep existing, but they would wipe them out in a blink of an eye if they needed to, isn't that basically what algalon said about the titans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i thought titans didn't care all that much for mortal life? like they wouldn't really bat an eye if all the mortal races on azeroth were killed if the titan were born, the titan is their priority. The titans like order, and as long as the mortal races fit their view of order they allowed them to keep existing, but they would wipe them out in a blink of an eye if they needed to, isn't that basically what algalon said about the titans?
    There's some mixed messages when it comes to the Pantheon and their view on mortal life. Eonar would likely pitch a fit if her children on Azeroth were all destroyed, but I'm not so sure entities such as Aman'thul or Norgannon would be too moved. The Watcher at Uldaman viewed the Dwarves as worthy of genesis in and of themselves (despite being a corrupted Titanforged offshoot). I think the Titans more view mortal life with a god's eye, they don't get overly attached to individuals and more the balance of the aggregate life across the known universe. They would allow us to die if they felt it necessary - we know this from what reorigination would do if it occurred due to the Old God corruption of Azeroth, and no doubt the birth of a new Titan would be a similar circumstance in which they wouldn't mind the planetary death of life to allow a new Titan to be realized.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they plopped constructs and guardians down to clean up all the Old God stink and keep the grass cut; so I wouldn't be too sure they planned ahead for mortal life.

Plus Algalon lets us know that the Titans are black and white in a lot of their work, wiping out entire world populations for "straying from the makers path" and starting again (Halls of Origination being one of the tools used to wipe out life on our world if it went wrong).

It's entirely possible that we're fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    It had nothing to do with "straying from the makers path". The re-origination signal was because Azeroth's life support and defense systems were fucked. The titans let plenty of "undesirable" races live on Azeroth.

While this notion is nothing new to Chronicle, here is Chronicle saying it:
    Aman'Thul and his siblings later became known as the Pantheon. They were benevolent by nature, creatures aligned with order and stability. The Pantheon possessed a natural affinity to the latent magic in the unverse. Fully aware of their incredible power, they bound themselves to a code of temperance toward the civilizations they encountered, even those of the unruly elemental spirits.
    --Chronicle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Well we kind of messed that up ...badly