Page 19 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Oh.

Well, the major problem with DA is the fury is rng AND flung to africa sometimes.. together makes for a poor combo :\ not sure what they could do to fix it
    Yeah, Ikr... It doesn't give you the damage bonus or heals you like a full fragment will, so it's just entirely useless compared to the other 2 talents. I mean it could be a really good talent if you at least could get a minor damage buff and didn't require you to run a marathon to pick them up, as you said. DBlades is somewhat rng too, it's just less shit than DA and doesn't require you to move.

I guess my gripe is that those 3 talents aren't really all that comparable in terms of dps or utility. Like it feels they shouldn't be on the same tier. Maybe it is just my extreme dislike of that tier that's talking but yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    It's fine, soul leech is generally enough to sustain you where killing smaller things for orbs can't be done.

If you mean raiding specifically, there's not many fights that actively punish moving with momo (save star augar) so unless you actively point yourself at fire and go you're gonna do fine with the movement factor
    Would you say that Legion raids are about the same as HFC mechanics in terms of movement for Momentum play? I was raiding it last night and it kind of worried me how punishing some of the boss mechanics are if you misjudge your Fel Rush for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkraven View Post
    Would you say that Legion raids are about the same as HFC mechanics in terms of movement for Momentum play? I was raiding it last night and it kind of worried me how punishing some of the boss mechanics are if you misjudge your Fel Rush for instance.
    No.

The only one that's seriously punishing would be krosus (bc you have to turn to not rush off the edge, rush off the edge and you probably die if you're not ultra-quick) and Star Augar mythic (loooooooooooooooooooooool star marks and momentum together are so bad).

You can still rush into things because you're not paying attention, but you're not punished for doing so and being out of the melee "place" (like tyrant's "melee must stack for fire explosions" shit, outside the movement penalty itself).

Quote Originally Posted by Brakandaren View Post
    Congrats to all the people crying about DBlades being a usable talent. Now those of us who enjoy it have to chose between gimping ourselves or hating our lives.
    Thanks!!!!

Congrats to all the people crying about DBlades being a usable talent. Now those of us who enjoy it have to chose between gimping ourselves or hating our lives.

It's really not that big of a nerf, but will at least (hopefully) shut people up about it being required. I know I will still be using it with certain builds.
    Demon Hunter Chakan [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/chàkan[/URL]
    Death Knight Eosforos [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/eosforos[/URL]

Oh no, you have to press your generator. That makes you hate your life?

Lmao. This is such a juvenile mentality. Blizzard stated numerous times now that Dblades is supposed to be the worst. Unless you're a Mythic raider, why do you even care?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    Oh no, you have to press your generator. That makes you hate your life?

Lmao. This is such a juvenile mentality. Blizzard stated numerous times now that Dblades is supposed to be the worst. Unless you're a Mythic raider, why do you even care?
    First: They said 2nd or 3rd in that tier, it was a close 2nd there by being player choice, and yet people like you kept saying it needed to be destroyed because you don't like it(ironic seeing as you just called me juvenile).

Second: How is spamming a button any more difficult? Its just the same GCD locked crap that most melee specs are. Maybe some people enjoy a slightly different paced rotation?

Lastly I am a mythic raider, hence why I care, before it was a very small/minor difference in them so no big deal. I haven't seen the sims yet but this def made the gap grow bigger and for no reason at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    DB nerfed by 3 fury lol

First: They said 2nd or 3rd in that tier, it was a close 2nd there by being player choice, and yet people like you kept saying it needed to be destroyed because you don't like it(ironic seeing as you just called me juvenile).

Second: How is spamming a button any more difficult? Its just the same GCD locked crap that most melee specs are. Maybe some people enjoy a slightly different paced rotation?

Lastly I am a mythic raider, hence why I care, before it was a very small/minor difference in them so no big deal. I haven't seen the sims yet but this def made the gap grow bigger and for no reason at all.
    Newest sim puts prepared on a large target at 1.3?% higher than demon blades. To be seen if real world applications widen that gap or not.
    Demon Hunter Chakan [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/chàkan[/URL]
    Death Knight Eosforos [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/eosforos[/URL]

Deleted
    demon blades was max 20? And stacked up to only 2? Yet I was reaching 100 Fury instantly from like 35?

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    demon blades was max 20? And stacked up to only 2? Yet I was reaching 100 Fury instantly from like 35?
    It can bank 10 charges, not 2.

Deleted
    Sorry for asking a stupid question here, but how do Demon Hunter's unlock the 3rd Relic Slot? Like a month ago or so, someone said you unlocked it by opening up Obliterum Forge, but other classes unlocks it by just completing the Order Hall Class-Campaign Quest, is it the same for DH or is it the Obliterum that unlocks it for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    Sorry for asking a stupid question here, but how do Demon Hunter's unlock the 3rd Relic Slot? Like a month ago or so, someone said you unlocked it by opening up Obliterum Forge, but other classes unlocks it by just completing the Order Hall Class-Campaign Quest, is it the same for DH or is it the Obliterum that unlocks it for us?
    It's both; the Obliterum forge is part of our class quest

So after experimenting on target dummy and in raid, I feel that the Fel Mastery and Prepared talent set up, at this time keeps us busy. My question is regarding Throw Glaive. When I do my rotation, I hardly find myself with zero fury, an empty GCD, and not being able to use Demon's bite to build more fury for more CS. Therefore I don't find downtime in order to use throw glaive unless I VR and don't have a Fel Rush up in order to get within melee proximity. Once we get talents such as Bloodlet and Master of the Glaives, how do we know when it will be more important to prioritize Throw glaive over building up fury for more CS? Also one other question, both FR and VR cause momentum procs, but do they stack? Can I VR and then FR back in for a net total of 8 sec on the Momentum buff? Or is that wasted time as opposed to FR/VR-ing to the other side of the boss and staying within melee?

Quote Originally Posted by Saintus View Post
    So after experimenting on target dummy and in raid, I feel that the Fel Mastery and Prepared talent set up, at this time keeps us busy. My question is regarding Throw Glaive. When I do my rotation, I hardly find myself with zero fury, an empty GCD, and not being able to use Demon's bite to build more fury for more CS. Therefore I don't find downtime in order to use throw glaive unless I VR and don't have a Fel Rush up in order to get within melee proximity. Once we get talents such as Bloodlet and Master of the Glaives, how do we know when it will be more important to prioritize Throw glaive over building up fury for more CS? Also one other question, both FR and VR cause momentum procs, but do they stack? Can I VR and then FR back in for a net total of 8 sec on the Momentum buff? Or is that wasted time as opposed to FR/VR-ing to the other side of the boss and staying within melee?
    Always TG with Momentum up once you have Bloodlet. Never sit on two charges of TG once you have MoTG. Momentum does not stack so once you have it VR into a FR is loss of momentum uptime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
    Always TG with Momentum up once you have Bloodlet. Never sit on two charges of TG once you have MoTG. Momentum does not stack so once you have it VR into a FR is loss of momentum uptime.
    Thanks for the clarification, I guess now that I think about it makes sense, you want max uptime on the Dot from Bloodlet. Also, thanks for the clarification on VR/FR momentum stacking

Quote Originally Posted by Saintus View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, I guess now that I think about it makes sense, you want max uptime on the Dot from Bloodlet. Also, thanks for the clarification on VR/FR momentum stacking
    Having maximum uptime is not the main point here. Bloodlet dmg is calculated by the damage TG did. Thus using the momentum buff while TG results in 20% dmg buff for TG AND for the dot as it is purely dependent of the TG damage (Not on any buffs that may be up during its duration).
    Hope this clears it up even a bit further.

Deleted
    Looking at http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...lents/110.html, I remember demonic being far below Fbarr on the sims. has Fbarr been nerfed or has the demonic simc been updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Mara403 View Post
    Looking at http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...lents/110.html, I remember demonic being far below Fbarr on the sims. has Fbarr been nerfed or has the demonic simc been updated?
    quite interesting - they were updated last night, but i don't think anyone caught that. Gonna have to go over it and see what's going on (could be a gear thing as prep / dblades is)

Could also just be a ST thing as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mara403 View Post
    Woot woot, demonic is back in action! I'm crossing my fingers it stays this close.