Deleted

Question Need help regarding pc specs and ingame fps

Hello guys.

I've beenhaving 25-30 fps at late stage invasions ,big battlegrounds and areas where many people tend to gather in general.
    Would it be better to just get a better gpu or should i just get a second gtx 770 and connect them together?

Below i will submit an image with ingame graphic options and my pc specs,i apologize if i most many uneccesary things.

http://imgur.com/a/kTxiS

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 8/16/2016, 23:51:36
    Machine name: DIMITRIS-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.160121-1718)
    Language: Greek (Regional Setting: Greek)
    System Manufacturer: ASUS
    System Model: All Series
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/17/14 16:08:22 Ver: 12.04
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8134MB RAM
    Page File: 8141MB used, 8124MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode
    ---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 770
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1184&SUBSYS_36031458&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4037 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1989 MB
    Shared Memory: 2048 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: W2361
    Monitor Id: GSM56FA
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver File Version: 10.18.0013.6839 (English)
    Driver Version: 10.18.13.6839
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 6/3/2016 10:38:10, 17290416 bytes

Areas where there are a lot of things going on cause you to be limited by your CPU, not your GPU. If you were to upgrade your GPU, you may be able to turn a few more settings up, but your FPS in these the situations you describe would likely not change at all.

First off, what Motherboard do you have? Is it a Z97? If so, do you have an aftermarket CPU cooler? If so, have you OCed your CPU? OCing your CPU will give you the largest gains in WoW.

First thing I would say to do is disable your addons and see if that fixes the issue, if it does you have a bad addon. Most definitely don't buy a second GPU tho, if anything you should look at getting a better single GPU, but WoW should run fine on a 770

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Areas where there are a lot of things going on cause you to be limited by your CPU, not your GPU. If you were to upgrade your GPU, you may be able to turn a few more settings up, but your FPS in these the situations you describe would likely not change at all.

First off, what Motherboard do you have? Is it a Z97? If so, do you have an aftermarket CPU cooler? If so, have you OCed your CPU? OCing your CPU will give you the largest gains in WoW.
    I got Z97-PRO,if by aftermarket cooler you mean an additional standard fan cooler then yes i got one in there included as well(sorry im a bit of a pc noob)
    I havent OCed my CPU.Also as far as CPU temp goes its never got over 45 celsius under any circumstance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    First thing I would say to do is disable your addons and see if that fixes the issue, if it does you have a bad addon. Most definitely don't buy a second GPU tho, if anything you should look at getting a better single GPU, but WoW should run fine on a 770
    Its weird just tested it and it ran fine,i will test it once again soon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post

Alright just tested on final stage invasion and had stable 57 fps without a single change in settings,perhaps less people showed up lol.
    Will definitely test it again when i see many more people in one place again ty

Deleted
    i am not sure 100% but i read that sli is not that good in wow. like some posted above, turn off all your add ons and whatch your dps.
    my opinion is to get 1 strong gpu is better then 2 in sli. but wait what other people will tell you about that.

overclock your cpu if your cooler is adequate!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorekan View Post
    Would it be better to just get a better gpu or should i just get a second gtx 770 and connect them together
    Eeeek! Please no!

The issue is most definitely not with the hardware, assuming there is nothing wrong with it.

Check if one of your CPUs is randomly parked. Do some trial and error with your addons or certain graphics settings in game. You should be getting alot more FPS than 30 with those specs, considering I get like 15-20 during invasions with my dual-core i7 integrated graphics on my MemeBook Air.
    Orc Warrior/Undead Priest/Undead Ruuge/???

Not linking my armory because i like to be anonymuuse, although if you need me you can normally find me here. Krieger !W79kXUqA/6

I got Z97-PRO,if by aftermarket cooler you mean an additional standard fan cooler then yes i got one in there included as well(sorry im a bit of a pc noob)
    I havent OCed my CPU.Also as far as CPU temp goes its never got over 45 celsius under any circumstance.

- - - Updated - - -

Its weird just tested it and it ran fine,i will test it once again soon

- - - Updated - - -

Alright just tested on final stage invasion and had stable 57 fps without a single change in settings,perhaps less people showed up lol.
    Will definitely test it again when i see many more people in one place again ty
    Well, glad it sounds like your issue is sorted out, but I'd still recommend OCing that CPU!! Since you maintained 57 FPS you might actually be able to keep it above 60 with your current settings with even just a mild OC!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    i am not sure 100% but i read that sli is not that good in wow. like some posted above, turn off all your add ons and whatch your dps.
    my opinion is to get 1 strong gpu is better then 2 in sli. but wait what other people will tell you about that.
    It's not so much that it's not good in WoW, it's that Blizzard does not support it at all. Now saying they do not support it does not mean it will not work, I know of many people who use it and it works well. It's just that if it does not work, Blizzard will be no help at all in getting it working and you are basically on your own.

Even at that, that's how it is for most games and getting it to work right can just plain be a headache sometimes. Sometimes, even games that do support it, it will work, but you'll get better FPS with a single card. SLI is wonky, a pain to get working and does not always increase FPS. Just plain not worth it. Better to sell your old card and put that money, plus what you had budgeted for a second one, towards a single GPU that will likely be pretty close to the performance of 2 of what you had minus the headache of not knowing if it will even work in the games you choose to play.

As Lathias said it's probably a good idea to OC your cpu aswell it will net you some more performance. But your issue was most likely an out of date addon causing things to break. You can either go through and update them by hand, or you can download the curse client (which they recently changed alot and I'm liking it) which will let you update your addons with the click of a button.

If you're looking for a GPU upgrade anyway (the 770 is fine) I would take a look at a GTX 1060/1070 or a RX 470/480 depending on your budget and power needs. If you just play wow I'd keep your current GPU untill it breaks to be honest.

Deleted
    Haha perhaps too many people were showing up or something for my cpu to handle.Could you recommend a beginner's OC guide please?
    Or would overclocking a gpu would be good as well?
    Last edited by mmoc7d1fbdad74; 2016-08-24 at 08:42 PM.

Haha perhaps too many people were showing up or something for my cpu to handle.Could you recommend a beginner's OC guide please?
    Here are two written guides.
    http://www.overclockers.com/3step-gu...intel-haswell/
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id...z-haswell.html

And here's a video, different cpu same logic behind overclocking. Just make sure to watch your CPU temperatures and don't do crazy overclocks to start off with.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjIweExETlI