Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I tried the "No sex before marriage" theory.

It proved impossible to marry someone on the first date.
    I dropped it and got back on the sex thing.
    Way much easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Since both marriage and religion (in proto-forms) appeared before the period of recorded history, I doubt we can say it for sure nowadays.
    You can say that marriage predates all modern religions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    We believe in the Holy Spirit. Christians genuinely believe we hear from God, that's why we pray over big decisions.
    I also wouldn't say he does change his mind often. There were large changes following the death of Jesus because it's an event that fundamentally changed everything. We consider that to be literally the most significant event in human history. We aren't saved by what we do any more, we're saved because of the death of Jesus. That's why I mentioned the legalistic thing before. His guidelines set out in the Bible are for our benefit. We don't obey because we're going to hell if we don't, we obey because an omniscient being who designed us and knows us better than we know ourselves probably has better judgement than us.
    I'd continue to ask questions but Crissi says no.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

You test drive a car before you buy, yes?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

even marriage is dumb. not talking about living with another person and share your life. talking about civil contracts and church fantasy game.

1. I cant see a reason to go to a church to see a old man telling me that im married and god approves like chuch norris would do.
    2. Neither a reason to sign pappers only to tell that we share our belongings and the ones acquired in the future.
    3. If i would marry a girl, i will do it with someone that i would be sure that i can trust. foolish or not, beign stolen or not, telling myslf that i trust her and then sign some pappers... its against my own inteligence.

well.. imo.-

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    While I understand what you are saying, there are plenty of cases where there can be a gap in sexual compatibility. Someone already mentioned it but libidos play a large role. That's not exactly something that practice will fix.
    I'm sorry but I'm not buying this. What you're contending is that two people who love each other enough to wait for marriage before sex, are someone how more likely to be incompatible than two who screw before hand? Sure, there will be cases of people who discover strange sexual proclivities, but you really think that someone who waits 25 or 30 years is just going to decide they want a rape fantasy and their partner won't be into it and that will end their relationship? And that somehow this will cause more peoples marriages to end than already occurs in the general population? Gimme a break.

I have no problem with people who have sex before marriage. I did, as well as many others. I do not think for a second that I learned something about my wife by having sex with her that made me decide to stay or leave her, because love is not based on sex alone, and nor do I think that I am less likely to have loved her or have stayed with her post marriage had we decided to not have sex before marriage. The reality is we just both didn't want to wait, so we didn't. Some people do want to wait, and it's silly to question their motives and think they are making some grand mistake. If you don't want to wait, don't, but you aren't unraveling the secrets of the universe through premarital sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I didn't have sex before I was married, I got married at 25. There is nothing wrong wanting to keep those feelings for the person who will be with you forever, instead of treating sex like this thing you do with anyone because you can. What makes it more special, that you saved yourself for her, or that you've been in other women?

I'm not going to tell people to stop having sex. I'm just speaking from my point of view, and it was worth it. What an experience learning together with your spouse.
    i need some explain, you talking about keeping those feelings for the person who will be with you forever.
    why keeping it till marriage? you can keep it 1 month or 2 and you will be with that person forever regardless of having sex or not before marriage, beign special because is "that person" and only that. one.

edit: you can still apply this to anything in your life, and imho, this is only because religion, if not, you can wait till 70 years old to join internet/forums and then it will be more amazing. because you never seen it.
    Last edited by shonist; 2016-08-24 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    even marriage is dumb. not talking about living with another person and share your life. talking about civil contracts and church fantasy game.

1. I cant see a reason to go to a church to see a old man telling me that im married and god approves like chuch norris would do.
    2. Neither a reason to sign pappers only to tell that we share our belongings and the ones acquired in the future.
    3. If i would marry a girl, i will do it with someone that i would be sure that i can trust. foolish or not, beign stolen or not, telling myslf that i trust her and then sign some pappers... its against my own inteligence.

well.. imo.-
    More like High Edgelord shonist.

well.. imo.-
    1.) You don't have to go to a church for the ceremony since all it takes to be married is to get a marriage certificate.
    3.) A prenuptial agreement is a thing if you are scared they will rob you blind from divorcing you.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    It is the right thing to do. Those who don't wait are those who often lack morals and don't care for others around them.
    I really wish I could lie to myself like this. I'd probably sleep better each night.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds like a remarkably unhealthy idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    1.) You don't have to go to a church for the ceremony since all it takes to be married is to get a marriage certificate.
    3.) A prenuptial agreement is a thing if you are scared they will rob you blind from divorcing you.
    why would you marry with someone that you scare to rob you blind from divorcing you? if you have a doubt, guess better dont do it?

to evryone his own , i never knew anyone who belived in it but why not if it makes you happy?

personaly i dont want to get married and i like sex ... so guess its not for me anyway .

but i am someone who thinks that poeple may have sex for fun /or because they want it and not just sex because of love .

for me you can have sex with a friend , like you can take out a friend to play golf , but evryone is free to belive and live how he wants to

why would you marry with someone that you scare to rob you blind from divorcing you? if you have a doubt, guess better dont do it?
    Sorry i should have specified you, as in, shionist, can get a prenup if you are scared of being robbed blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    to evryone his own , i never knew anyone who belived in it but why not if it makes you happy?

personaly i dont want to get married and i like sex ... so guess its not for me anyway .

but i am someone who thinks that poeple may have sex for fun /or because they want it and not just sex because of love .

for me you can have sex with a friend , like you can take out a friend to play golf , but evryone is free to belive and live how he wants to
    of course, is exactly how you tell. If it makes you happy, you can live your life how you want.
    and we can be sure that someone in earth thinks that ppl talking on video games forums isnt an ideal way to live and enjoy life.
    but he we are, doing what the fck we want. at least thats what i do :P

10+ Year Old Account

well.. imo.-
    There are a bunch of other reasons for marriage, like automatic power of attorney, tax benefits, visitation rights, insurance benefits, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Sorry i should have specified you, as in, shionist, can get a prenup if you are scared of being robbed blind.
    well i think it works different on my country. Here you get all the package together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    There are a bunch of other reasons for marriage, like automatic power of attorney, tax benefits, visitation rights, insurance benefits, etc.
    Of course, even in work you have some beneffits of it. That doesnt means that is okey that this should be like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Some people do want to wait, and it's silly to question their motives and think they are making some grand mistake. If you don't want to wait, don't, but you aren't unraveling the secrets of the universe through premarital sex.
    If someone else wants to wait, I say that's their business and I respect their decision. I'm not going to date someone who wants to wait, though (especially not at my age, 33). It's their business though.

The issue I have with the whole thing is that often people who do want to wait seem to think that those of us who don't are "sinful" or "amoral," or something. As far as I'm concerned, that's none of their business.

- - - Updated - - -

Expect for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    It is the right thing to do. Those who don't wait are those who often lack morals and don't care for others around them.
    I'm willing to bet the percentage of people who "lack morals and don't care for others around them" is pretty equal between those who do wait and those who don't. Or do we need to break out the many many examples of married, anti-gay preachers caught with male prostitutes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, even in work you have some beneffits of it. That doesnt means that is okey that this should be like this.
    Why shouldn't it? There's absolutely a lot of reason to have an easily packageable contract that grants all of these privileges in one go, rather than making people specify their legal designee in every scenario.

people can do what they want, but I'm of the mindset that sex is a relationship builder.