Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Demons have preferences?

Simple question, why is the Legion not invading Northrend or Pandaria? Is there anything in Lore to explain this?

They kept it to zones everyone can reach at level 1, I'm assuming.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

there are demon invasions of pandaria that you can see through monk order hall campaign

7+ Year Old Account
    They are invading the two continent too, it's just that there aren't any Invasions for us players there.
    In the Monk artifact acquisition or Order Hall campaign you see that peaks of serenity (Pandaria) is also invaded.

Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    Simple question, why is the Legion not invading Northrend or Pandaria? Is there anything in Lore to explain this?
    Because making six invasion points is cheaper than making, say, 24?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Because making six invasion points is cheaper than making, say, 24?
    It seems to be the legion ship and portal were already coded and created on the back end, all they have to do is copy and paste it to another zone where they want everything to spawn. Hence the large green portal above each invasion point.

It seems to be the legion ship and portal were already coded and created on the back end, all they have to do is copy and paste it to another zone where they want everything to spawn. Hence the large green portal above each invasion point.
    That's not how game programming works...
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    That's not how game programming works...
    I've seen GMs spawn assets in world, I know it can be done.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes, making a phase for each zone, setting the locations everything can spawn, and setting up camps aswell, choosing and setting up the town to be where the main focus is, and setting up spawns

totally just copy and paste
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Lol he asked for "in lore" explanations. It's a good question and in my opinion I'd imagine that they are invading everywhere on all continents. Blizz did say it's they biggest legion invasion yet and there is no reason why they wouldn't invade those continents. But Sargeras does know that the strongest resistance to his plan is horde and alliance and so he'd try to strike at the heart of their populations first. I can't explain tanaris invasion though lol. "Let's invade the desert"

7+ Year Old Account
    I've seen GMs spawn assets in world, I know it can be done.
    it cant all just be copy and pasted though...

also you asked for lore, we explained why in lore, then you started asking why not in game, and we told you why, too much work
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    Lol he asked for "in lore" explanations. It's a good question and in my opinion I'd imagine that they are invading everywhere on all continents. Blizz did say it's they biggest legion invasion yet and there is no reason why they wouldn't invade those continents. But Sargeras does know that the strongest resistance to his plan is horde and alliance and so he'd try to strike at the heart of their populations first. I can't explain tanaris invasion though lol. "Let's invade the desert"
    What is in Tanaris, again?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    They kept it to zones everyone can reach at level 1, I'm assuming.
    Pretty much this I would assume.
    They are opting to utilise the new scaling tech, as much as it is very hit or miss in terms of numbers.
    That alone is very welcome, and in many ways a good way of testing potential expansion of it.
    That has highlighted a lot of issues with it, and that is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Goblins and Sand.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    The caverns of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    But Sargeras does know that the strongest resistance to his plan is horde and alliance and so he'd try to strike at the heart of their populations first. I can't explain tanaris invasion though lol. "Let's invade the desert"
    I would think you would try to conquer all the empty, low resistance places first and strengthen your foothold.

And really if they have interdimensional spaceships, I still don't get why they can't just nuke us from Orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

The worlds only source of Noggenfogger Elixer, duh. With that they'll steamroll right over us. The same with the invasion of Westfall, without all our hobo's the alliance is doomed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I would think you would try to conquer all the empty, low resistance places first and strengthen your foothold.

And really if they have interdimensional spaceships, I still don't get why they can't just nuke us from Orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
    From my understanding the Legion doesn't know where Azeroth is located in space, so there ships spawn through the portals and hover us, they can't nuke it because I guess it would blow it's self up, or they would get lost? lol.

Deleted
    Sand and loads of sands and stone

The caverns of time.
    This guy gets it.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post

In wc3 they attacked the night elves very early for the same reason (according to chronicles) that's why I made this conclusion.

Also about the spaceships... Because that wouldn't be fun.

Also Sargeras has a certain fascination for azeroth and I don't remember the reason but he doesn't want to plain out destroy the planet. Maybe it can be a base of operations or a potential for new recruits (that's usually why he visits planets habited by intelligent and powerful species such as draenor and argus)

Excuse my grammar topping from a phone.
    Last edited by Bullerick; 2016-08-24 at 09:09 PM.