10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    As for the Bills, offense has never been Rex's thing, and Rob destroys every defense he touches. Just sounds like a bad combination.
    Err, wasn't it one of those things where Rob actually has pretty good succes the first year and then gets less and less result?

Either way, the Bills seem to have found a capable QB and had a decent O-line last year. If they can stay healthy at RB and WR they should be rolling, wether Rex is good wit offenses or not. Shutting out the Giants a week ago also seems to indicate that their defense has bought in to what Rex is selling, and that they have good depth.

If I had to pick a surprise this year I'd probably pick the Bills doing well.

- - - Updated - - -

Bryan Stork, Centre on the 2014 Patriots Superbowl team just got released.

Trouble staying on the field (2 concussions in the past year, as well as other ailments), nasty personality on the field ( kicked from practice for fighting with the Bears, key penalty last year in the Denver game for headbutting someone) and difficult personality off the field (even though I personally thought he was just hilariously curt). All together make for a difficult cut that will most likely result in him being scooped up by another team, and very likely starting.

Hope he'll be alright, but I reckon given the injuries and his position that he won't be in the league much longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

Trouble staying on the field (2 concussions in the past year, as well as other ailments), nasty personality on the field ( kicked from practice for fighting with the Bears, key penalty last year in the Denver game for headbutting someone) and difficult personality off the field (even though I personally thought he was just hilariously curt). All together make for a difficult cut that will most likely result in him being scooped up by another team, and very likely starting.

Hope he'll be alright, but I reckon given the injuries and his position that he won't be in the league much longer.
    Sounds Seahawk-y

Doubt theyy pick him up, Seahawks seem okay with Britt at center. Really I haven't found much to complain about with him either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Sounds Seahawk-y

Doubt theyy pick him up, Seahawks seem okay with Britt at center. Really I haven't found much to complain about with him either.
    I think I saw a PFF tweet at some point that he was the highest rated rookie C. (he's a rookie, right?) I think you guys may have hit on something. Then again so I thought about Stork in 2014 and then the concussions and fights happened, so. =/

- - - Updated - - -

Chargers gonna Charge. Apparently they made their "best" offer to Bosa and it was declined. Chargers pulled the offer. Complete impasse. What a mess.

Err, wasn't it one of those things where Rob actually has pretty good succes the first year and then gets less and less result?
    Never heard that good first year then bad after thing for Rob Ryan, but it is possible. Comes up with Wade Phillips a lot even though it is wrong because he is 50% on progressing or regressing year 2. They could do well and it would not surprise me, I just don't think it will happen this year is all. Chargers or Titans would be my surprise do well picks, but they could also be going for the #1 pick again as well.

Denver's backup center likes to get into fights and commit stupid penalties too. Must be a positional thing.

Speaking of cuts, it is looking very very unlikely Ronnie Hillman will make the team. Not sure if he would even get picked up anywhere because he got no offers in the offseason other than the "if you don't find anything we will bring you back for 1 year" offer from Denver. The people saying Denver is going to cut Sanchez to save a 7th round pick are kind of random too. I can see it happen if some other veteran that does not have turnover trouble gets cut, but not just because they can save a mostly useless draft pick and go with 2 QBs with less NFL passing attempts combined than the punter.

- - - Updated - - -

This Joey Bosa thing is kind of interesting. I thought it was kind of strange they drafted a 4-3 DE when they play a 3-4 defense and he does not really fit as a 3-4 OLB and would need to put on a decent amount of weight to be a 3-4 DE in the first place. Kind of wonder if a combination of that and the Chargers organization not having the best reputation/not very friendly with the city makes him just not want to play there no matter what. Not the first time this has happened (multiple QBs have forced trades), so I guess he is just doing it another way.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-08-24 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, well, scratch that. Stork has not been cut. He's just being traded to Washington for a conditional 7th rounder. Kind of odd the way that went.

Oh, well, scratch that. Stork has not been cut. He's just being traded to Washington for a conditional 7th rounder. Kind of odd the way that went.
    Also now considering retirement instead of going to the Redskins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Also now considering retirement instead of going to the Redskins.
    Probably wanted to pick his own spot to play, but obviously this trade means there was demand for his services. If not this trade there would have been claims on the wire. He wouldn't have gotten to pick his spot anyway.

Given the situations around the league, Washington isn't that bad a place to land right now. There's far worse teams.

Either way, he SHOULD retire probably. His concussion issues have been bad enough that the smart play for him is to say goodbye to football. We'll see if he does though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers offered Bosa 85% of his signing bonus as an actual signing bonus, so they're gonna lose him over 15% which is fucking brilliant. Stay the hell away from the Chargers everybody! If the situation with Weddle didn't make things obvious, Bosa should.

Joey Busta

Watch, he will reenter next year and drop to the 3rd round.

Also, I don't see how anyone is on the Chiefs wagon to win the division this year. Look at 2013-14. Started 9-0 and then met my Broncos, derailed their ass and went on to finish 2-5 and had that meltdown in the playoffs.

I don't think they will do as well as people say, maybe another 9-7 year like they did in 2014.

Raiders will be Raiders and be .500 >=.

Chargers are a mess .500 >=

Broncos can win the division at 10 wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I saw a PFF tweet at some point that he was the highest rated rookie C. (he's a rookie, right?) I think you guys may have hit on something. Then again so I thought about Stork in 2014 and then the concussions and fights happened, so. =/

- - - Updated - - -

Chargers gonna Charge. Apparently they made their "best" offer to Bosa and it was declined. Chargers pulled the offer. Complete impasse. What a mess.
    Britt is a 3 year vet now. Hes been on the team since we played you in the bowl.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid for the Bengals this year honestly.

On one end, I don't see a team on that schedule that the Bengals can't win against. A lot of people think we didn't do enough to replace Marvin Jones & Mohammad Sanu, but they only combined for an average of 75 per game last year. The main engine to the offense was a balanced attack with Dalton at the helm.

This team looks more and more like its 2014 form: A team without Marvin Jones, Tyler Eifert, Geno Atkins at 100% Vontaze Burfict for 12 games, and AJ Green for a number of games. We went 10-5-1 in 2014.

On the other hand, we're overdue for a trip back to the 90s/early 2000s. The early 2000s being when Marvin Lewis earned his eternal nickname: Giggles--because of his passive aggressive giggles when reporters asked him questions after every gut wrenching loss or Chad Ochocinco shenaggin. We've made the playoffs five straight years. We seem ripe for a steep regression.

I think the week 1 matchup against the Jets will be a good indicator for how the difficult stretch of the season will go. The Jets D-line>Our O-line with Bodine at Center and Okbugehi at tackle. Decker and Marshall can exploit weaknesses in our secondary, partictularly with Dre Kirkpatrick's garbage self starting.

A Steeler team without Bell, Bryant, and Miller don't scare me, not with Dansby at backer and Burfict back for the late season match-up. Not at all.

A Broncos team without a QB beat us last year; they can do it again. But Dalton beat them without AJ Green in 2014; he can do enough to beat them with Green now.

THe lolphins won't win one in PBS in primetime, not with Burfict making his return.

Dallas has the making of a trap game, but Cincy's offense vs their defense is a more loppsided matchup than their O vs cincy's defense.

The Patriots might be in desperation mode without Brady at the start of the season. I'm sensing an "on to cincinatti" episode here.

But then again, Eifert is going to be out for the start of the season. After these 6 games, it's smooth sailing unless Baltimore learns how to cover AJ Green.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-08-25 at 12:01 AM.

I think that 2014 game Manning threw 4 picks (he had a ton of picks in the second half of 2014 so can't remember for sure), that kind of makes up for no Green. If the Bengals secondary does well against the Jets, the Denver vs Cinci game should be really good. If they have problems covering the deep ball it could get ugly because Thomas/Sanders is better than Marshall/Decker and throwing down field is actually Siemian's strength.

If Eifert is back (no idea how long he is supposed to be out) and full strength I would still pick the Bengals though, he scares me more than AJ Green.

Also saw the Ring of Fame ceremony is before the Texans game, Brock might have a really rough time that week with as amped up as it gets for that game.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I think that 2014 game Manning threw 4 picks (he had a ton of picks in the second half of 2014 so can't remember for sure), that kind of makes up for no Green. If the Bengals secondary does well against the Jets, the Denver vs Cinci game should be really good. If they have problems covering the deep ball it could get ugly because Thomas/Sanders is better than Marshall/Decker and throwing down field is actually Siemian's strength.

If Eifert is back (no idea how long he is supposed to be out) and full strength I would still pick the Bengals though, he scares me more than AJ Green.

Also saw the Ring of Fame ceremony is before the Texans game, Brock might have a really rough time that week with as amped up as it gets for that game.

Manning threw two picks on back to back drives.

So there was that, then the offense was able to let Jeremy Hill put the game on his shoulders, beginning with one of the most explosive runs i've seen in years.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati...ill-highlights

I don't think we can do that again this year.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-08-25 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Britt is a 3 year vet now. Hes been on the team since we played you in the bowl.
    Okay, so I remembered seeing this: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/767485954068275200

Which is why when you mentioned C being okay I thought you meant that guy I had read about. But apparently that was Joey Hunt and not Britt.

How is this Hunt guy doing for you guys then? cause the others mentioned have come highly rated. Stanley and Thuney are starter quality. And the fullback is a fullback, so w/e.

College Football comes to Australia this weekend.

University of California ahead of the Golden Bears’ first game of the season against the University of Hawaii Rainbow Warriors in Sydney.

And there is a crowd of 60,000 plus expected ..

Would probably be a logistical nightmare to bring a NFL game to Australia..but who knows.

And Mr Marshawn Lynch (Beast Mode) was in Sydney meeting one of the local NRL (National Rugby League Clubs), South Sydney.

He also gave his opinion as to why Jarryd Hayne (ex NRL convert to NFL 49ers), couldnt make it in the NFL.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/america...dcbb9f73e1900d

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/form...8188923faf112c

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so I remembered seeing this: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/767485954068275200

Which is why when you mentioned C being okay I thought you meant that guy I had read about. But apparently that was Joey Hunt and not Britt.

How is this Hunt guy doing for you guys then? cause the others mentioned have come highly rated. Stanley and Thuney are starter quality. And the fullback is a fullback, so w/e.
    I honestly haven't heard much aside from hes battling Patrick Lewis for a spot. Britt pretty much has starting center locked up at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots trade for Barkevious Mingo, Former first round Browns DE/LB. Interesting to say the least.

How many former Browns 1st round DL picks are there in the league? Seems like there is an endless amount.

I guess there has also been articles saying Siemian, Lynch and Sanchez have all won the starting job the last 2 days. The hot take sports "reporting" with their "sources" are kind of getting out of hand. Guess everyone wants to follow in the shoes of ESPN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or that the Broncos QB situation is as much of a mess as everyone predicted it would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing preseasons touchback rates this year to last year's regular season. Because apparently statistics people are morons.