Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry Legion Invasion XP greatly reduced? (tags)

Topic. Was legion xp gains from tags & kills reduced by like 75% ?? I leveled two characters from 90 to 100 using tagging during invasions, all heirlooms no pots, and each level was 20-40 minutes.

Fast forward to now, on my alt, priest, lvl 60, full heirlooms no pot, and each level is taking at least 30 mins, and i'm not dying or anything. It should be a lot faster?

In addition, I just did a full westfall (ie not relogging after p2/p3) and got my chest. Then tried to crz hop, found a raid grp and finished yet another run, but got no chest. Intended?

- - - Updated - - -

Worth mentioning that I have flying on this as I did on the others, normal flying no epic

- - - Updated - - -

bump418257

I'm averaging 10 levels an hour as of yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post

In addition, I just did a full westfall (ie not relogging after p2/p3) and got my chest. Then tried to crz hop, found a raid grp and finished yet another run, but got no chest. Intended?

yes intended. chests on invasions are on a 2 hour timer.

I was talking WITHOUT potions. There is no way you're getting 10 levels an hour.

I am still getting the same xp that I have been getting.
    Did you have rested on your other character by any chance?

The XP on the named mobs (Not the bosses that spawn in on stage 2 and 4) was nerfed dam near in half. They did this monday I do believe and its why I stopped doing them.

leveled one toon that's good enough.

(Only used BoA gear)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Topic. Was legion xp gains from tags & kills reduced by like 75% ?? I leveled two characters from 90 to 100 using tagging during invasions, all heirlooms no pots, and each level was 20-40 minutes.

Fast forward to now, on my alt, priest, lvl 60, full heirlooms no pot, and each level is taking at least 30 mins, and i'm not dying or anything. It should be a lot faster?

- - - Updated - - -

Worth mentioning that I have flying on this as I did on the others, normal flying no epic

- - - Updated - - -

bump418257
    I don't know if this is factoring into it here at all or not but I have noticed that the invasions are taking longer and there as there are significantly less people doing them. Well I should say that there are less people doing them (at least on my server group) and since there are more people are more spread out. So levels are taking longer because the invasions are, at least for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The XP on the named mobs (Not the bosses that spawn in on stage 2 and 4) was nerfed dam near in half. They did this monday I do believe and its why I stopped doing them.

leveled one toon that's good enough.

(Only used BoA gear)
    How much were you getting previously? Last night I was getting a little over 42k per.

I found 50 - 70 slows down, but it picks back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    How much were you getting previously? Last night I was getting a little over 42k per.
    I can't recall atm but before monday I was getting 2 bars full and after it was slightly over 1.

This was from level 60-62.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I see no difference. 2 toons 1-100 for me. I'm sick of invasions at this point.

the exp is SO much better now than at any point since invasions started. Between tags and event xp i've taken 3 chars from 85 to 100 in the last three days while playing overwatch on xbox

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I can't recall atm but before monday I was getting 2 bars full and after it was slightly over 1.

This was from level 60-62.
    I am just about getting that for a full invasion currently. closer to 1 an 3/4s. I am a bit higher than you though so maybe that has something to do with it.

I was talking WITHOUT potions. There is no way you're getting 10 levels an hour.
    so was I. And yes i'm getting ~10 levels per hour. it's insane how much xp these invasions give now. there is another thread where others are getting similar results, so i know i'm not the only one.

after 6 full invasions (3-4 bosses in stage 3, 9 hours of game time) i got this:
    priest: 21 -> 47
    lock: 23 -> 46
    mage: 22 -> 47
    rogue: 25 -> 48
    hunter: 65 -> 73
    dk: 62 -> 70

based on that id say invasion xp is fine.

getting 38k per boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

So far I've managed to get my rogue, druid, death knight, mage, warlock and paladin to 100. But they were all about lvl 90 when I started, so it didn't take super long. Apart from my paladin I did them all before the nerf though, and I did notice significant nerfs to the exp gain. Currently leveling my monk now. I'm using looms but no potions. All I do is kill the final three named mobs at the end of stage 2, then resetting. Sometimes I kill some of the other mobs, but I am mostly afking while waiting for the end of stage 2. Watching youtube videos or playing Fire Emblem or some such.

Probably gonna get my priest and warrior to 100 after this at some point. It is still faster than leveling with quests or dungeons, and doesn't require nearly as much attention. I'm glad they did this, lets me actually get my alts to 100 while avoiding going through the same boring WoD zones as I did on my hunter and shaman.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

getting ~25k per stage 2 mob (75k), opposed to the 55k I get from skulls in stage 3....so why is this whole resetting after 2 a thing?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

bump418257
    So what you are saying is that before it took you 20-40 mins and now it takes you 30 mins? Whats the problem. Isn't 30 mins the average of 20-40 mins?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    so was I. And yes i'm getting ~10 levels per hour. it's insane how much xp these invasions give now. there is another thread where others are getting similar results, so i know i'm not the only one.
    Why do people exaggerate their leveling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

XP gained should scale with level (to an extent) just like the mob damage and your relative damage to it. So you should get roughly the same xp% no matter what level you are. Given that, 60-70 should take roughly the same time as 90-100.

I've been getting close to 10 levels an hour.. depending on the class/etc.

Currently leveling 4 characters.

Sheildda Paladin 61 (5.5 hours played)
    Paupette Priest 70 (9 hours played)
    Flamebolt Mage 70 (8 hours played)
    Rollypolly Monk 65 (4.5 hours played)

Priest I spent the most time in the starter zone, instead of going to invasions immediatly.

Been cycling 1-2 and 1-3 depending on my mood.

Leveled from 72 to 82 with 6 invasions, no potions just heirlooms.

Of course if you afk and don't go tag all big guys in the zone, it's not going to be much.