Poll: Is PolitiFact Biased

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Is PolitiFact Biased? You decide!

I think they are, I see it all the time.

Is OP biased? You decide!

Anyone can go on Politifact, find a bunch of "trues" for one side and a bunch of "false"s for another. This proves nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

Anyone can go on Politifact, find a bunch of "trues" for one side and a bunch of "false"s for another. This proves nothing.
    Not really since they usually give liberals a pass.

It's clearly biased but of course that must mean anything they say is fact

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

It proves they should change their name atleast, since they don't seem to know what the word 'fact' means.

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL I love the crazy wingnut contingent that exists on mmo-c. Threads like this make me actually let loose an audible laugh.

The method they use of screening a result is stupid too. Something is either true or it isn't. When something has 1 truth and 1 falsehood, it is a half truth.

They have a strong tendency to avoid reviewing things that yield a "false" rating if it comes from the left.

But then any site that ranks what a politician says as "true" is bullshit since all politicians are lying all the time either blatantly, by omission, by not holding to their promises, etc.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    LOL I love the crazy wingnut contingent that exists on mmo-c. Threads like this make me actually let loose an audible laugh.
    Not really.

I'm not a Republican or a conservative but this is pretty egregious reporting.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...icide-victims/

Its just like statistics, numbers and in this case opinions can be contorted into whatever point you want to convey. Are they biased? Yes, but only because they share similar view points with many democratic politicians. They might not even realize they are doing it either. I wouldn't put much stock in anything they report. Do the research yourself.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

There's really two possibilities here. Either politifact is biased, or one side lies more.

The latter option is unfathomable to people on the 'lie more' side. The idea that two sides lie equally is just idiotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Not really.

I'm not a Republican or a conservative but this is pretty egregious reporting.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...icide-victims/
    “Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
    ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    “Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
    ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22
    Indeed.

10chars

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    That infographic is well made and nice looking. But where's the cherry tree you picked these examples from?

Cant even read what it says about anyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Some pretty nice treatment towards the president that I just found.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/stat...nced-democrac/

How can that possibly be half true? Most developed African, Asian and Eastern European countries are democracies too and the US is the only one that makes it hard for people to vote?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...cted-country-/

Of course it isn't. Trump would get pants on fire for saying that, as anyone should.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...us-better-now/

Among who? Russia and China hate America more now. The Middle East hates us arguably just as much. I don't really understand how that can be anything more than a half truth.

These are just things I've found in my first five minutes on the site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe one political side has prominent figures that lie more.

Ever think of that? I mean, you're hand waving off politifact's assertions, which they back up with their own arguments, without any arguments of your own.

In this case, the burden of proof falls on you to refute the evidence they've presented.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    There's really two possibilities here. Either politifact is biased, or one side lies more.

The latter option is unfathomable to people on the 'lie more' side. The idea that two sides lie equally is just idiotic.
    Republicans probably lie more in general but my general view is:

Republicans lie through their teeth on social issues because stats usually don't back up social conservatism (sometimes they do).

Democrats lie through their teeth on economic issues because they rely heavily on blaming neoliberalism for economic problems while supporting blind Keynesian solutions.

All the people pictured in that graphic look like liars and two bit snake oil hustlers, perfect for a 'fact checking' website that leans Democrat.

Politifact is a known shitstain of a website, nothing newsworthy here.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

I'm not certain any news or media outlet is unbiased. Is there one?

My local news is pretty solid about reporting something without adding all the social commentary and slant. Like "2 people shot in the mall today" but they also decide what they want to report on which could easily be used to sway public opinion/knowledge