10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    He isn't addressing the same things though. First he says the media doesn't report the consequences of amnesty and illegal immigration acceptance and the second part says it is hard to deport people who have established roots in the US. Not that contradictory to me.
    So, you're suggesting the "this" in the "we cannot allow this" refers to the media's reporting, and not illegal immigration. Okay. Wouldn't this be an attack on the First Amendment? I'm willing to accept that, since
    a) it's arguably worse, and
    b) you also agree he contradicts himself in the same overall pair of conversations anyway, it's now a free two-for-one special.

Now I don't buy that, because Trump talks like a fifth grader, and seems unlikely to use the pronoun form of "this" to represent a compound sentence. But, hey, you're the critical thinking mature one here. I'll use your version.

7+ Year Old Account
    Whats better than Trump supporters tears when they realize they have been played by Donald as saps? Tears of professional bigots and grifters like Ann Coulter who realize they have been betrayed and it's fucked up their book tour.

What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You see Pangen? This is the kind of mental dilusion I'm talking about. How do you rationalize with this kind of closed-minded mentality? This is exactly what the current crop of moronic Republicans do... in the name of preseving their self-interest of always being right, they set themselves up on some unreal imaginary plane of existence that sits outside and beyond the scope that Facts, science and reason cannot reach - lets call it "Feelings-land" - and whenever they're confronted with their own hypocrisy and contradictions, they hop onto their unicorn panted with hopes and dreams and lots and lots of rhetoric and set sail above the rainbow into their own little nirvana of mental delusion - sip their beer and say "ahhh... it's good to always be right!".

This is why the party is crashing down around them, because they're "too mature" to see the reality around them.
    Not a Republican and I don't like Trump but nice try. I just don't use silly nicknames and try to find the most minute details taken out of context to show why I disagree with policy.

You guys aren't dumb but you aren't mature either as evidenced by your obsession with attacking the other tribe and using mockery to make your points.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Whats better than Trump supporters tears when they realize they have been played by Donald as saps? Tears of professional bigots and grifters like Ann Coulter who realize they have been betrayed and it's fucked up their book tour.

god this is comedy gold... i look forward to see tomorrow the comedy shows in youtube, and in the morning news. this will frankly obliterate trump campaign
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

7+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is trump trying to accomplish with this gang of 8 policy? I'm sure this will not affect the most hardcore of his base, but for many who are to think illegal immigration is a threat, the anti immigrant rhetoric sold them and now he is risking to loose that base in hopes to gain independents and the latino vote, but after the things he had already said I don't see how this will help benefit him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    First of all, wow. I honestly didn't think Ann Coulter would stick by her principles. Good for her!

Secondly, did Trump really say the illegal immigrants would buy their amnesty with back taxes? I was under the provably true belief that illegal immigrants pay a lot of taxes. I mean, I'm 100% for punishing people who cheat on and/or don't pay their taxes (including Donald Trump, should the eight years of audits prove such happened, yes those are federal investigations), regardless of their status. But if they've already paid, as most of them have --

"Wait! Where did you get 'most' from?"

The CNN Money story I linked says illegal immigrants paid $10 billion in income taxes in 2010, and there are about 15 million illegal immigrants. Let's say half are both employed and also pay income tax. So, 7.5 million illegal immigrants paying $10 billion would be, of course, $1,333.33 each. Now, what would you have to earn to pay that much in taxes? Assuming you're single and take the standard deduction and nothing else (maybe to avoid your tax form coming under scrutiny) $18,263.86 a wage that's over the US minimum wage. So, either employers are bringing in illegal aliens and paying more than minimum wage -- which sounds ridiculous -- or, there are more than half the immigrants paying taxes.

Okay back on point. If most illegal immigrants have provably paid their taxes then...what's the back taxes to pay? Zero? So, free amnesty? Man, his followers are going to love that.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a Republican and I don't like Trump but nice try. I just don't use silly nicknames and try to find the most minute details taken out of context to show why I disagree with policy.

You guys aren't dumb but you aren't mature either as evidenced by your obsession with attacking the other tribe and using mockery to make your points.
    Um, is "reversing your immigration stance so hard even Ann Coulter calls you out on it" really a minute detail? Wasn't immigration literally the very first thing Trump talked about when announcing his bid for President?

(checks announcement speech)

My bad. It was literally the second thing Trump talked about. But if that's a "minute" detail, what's a point actually worth talking about? Trump announcing plans to blow up the planet?

And I reserve the right to openly mock anyone showing that degree of hypocrisy in full public daylight, thank you. In the information age, they're asking for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    What exactly is trump trying to accomplish with this gang of 8 policy? I'm sure this will not affect the most hardcore of his base, but for many who are to think illegal immigration is a threat, the anti immigrant rhetoric sold them and now he is risking to loose that base in hopes to gain independents and the latino vote, but after the things he had already said I don't see how this will help benefit him.
    I'm a little curious myself. According to polls linked on this thread. Trump is so far behind with Hispanics that literally more than half of them who aren't voting for him now, would have to view this sudden reversal (that Clinton is already ahead of) as enough reason to switch, for him to get the Hispanic vote. But I guess every little bit counts, right? I mean, what he was doing before wasn't working. "What do you have to lose?"

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey, guys!? Does anyone else hate Trump and think he is terrible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    His name is Dump because he is a big meanie.

10+ Year Old Account
    His name is Dump because he is a big meanie.
    NOBODY QUOTE HIS EARLIER STATEMENTS this was clearly sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Um, is "reversing your immigration stance so hard even Ann Coulter calls you out on it" really a minute detail? Wasn't immigration literally the very first thing Trump talked about when announcing his bid for President?

My bad. It was literally the second thing Trump talked about. But if that's a "minute" detail, what's a point actually worth talking about? Trump announcing plans to blow up the planet?

And I reserve the right to openly mock anyone showing that degree of hypocrisy in full public daylight, thank you. In the information age, they're asking for it.
    I don't know why but the way you write is hard for me to understand what your point is. I don't think Trump reversed his immigration policy, I think he said that people have been telling him deporting people is going to be difficult.

The minute detail would be highlighting two different speeches from two different events and trying to link a contradiction between them.

I'm not saying Trump doesn't contradict himself, because he does but not literally everything he says or does is worth talking about. You can disagree with him, even hate him if you want but going after everything is just dumb. Or you can do whatever you want w/e.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I mean, I don't know what you are saying right now.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What we need to do is continue to kick this incredibly dead horse because if we don't how will people know we are good people? HOW WILL THEY KNOW?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Trump is playing the game almost perfectly, Hillary is so behind...she can't get more than 50 ppl in a gathering, Trump's gonna win by a landslide

7+ Year Old Account
    First of all, wow. I honestly didn't think Ann Coulter would stick by her principles. Good for her!

Secondly, did Trump really say the illegal immigrants would buy their amnesty with back taxes? I was under the provably true belief that illegal immigrants pay a lot of taxes. I mean, I'm 100% for punishing people who cheat on and/or don't pay their taxes (including Donald Trump, should the eight years of audits prove such happened, yes those are federal investigations), regardless of their status. But if they've already paid, as most of them have --

"Wait! Where did you get 'most' from?"

The CNN Money story I linked says illegal immigrants paid $10 billion in income taxes in 2010, and there are about 15 million illegal immigrants. Let's say half are both employed and also pay income tax. So, 7.5 million illegal immigrants paying $10 billion would be, of course, $1,333.33 each. Now, what would you have to earn to pay that much in taxes? Assuming you're single and take the standard deduction and nothing else (maybe to avoid your tax form coming under scrutiny) $18,263.86 a wage that's over the US minimum wage. So, either employers are bringing in illegal aliens and paying more than minimum wage -- which sounds ridiculous -- or, there are more than half the immigrants paying taxes.

Okay back on point. If most illegal immigrants have provably paid their taxes then...what's the back taxes to pay? Zero? So, free amnesty? Man, his followers are going to love that.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a little curious myself. According to polls linked on this thread. Trump is so far behind with Hispanics that literally more than half of them who aren't voting for him now, would have to view this sudden reversal (that Clinton is already ahead of) as enough reason to switch, for him to get the Hispanic vote. But I guess every little bit counts, right? I mean, what he was doing before wasn't working. "What do you have to lose?"
    I don't think it would work except to alienate at least a portion of his base or they would feel less motivated. At least to black voters he did not directly changed his policies in order to appeal. And what's worse is that while contradicting himself this isn't aimed at Latinos. This feels like Romney 2012 again when he tried to shift from the hard right stances he took in the primaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any meaningful thing to add?

10+ Year Old Account
    The minute detail would be highlighting two different speeches from two different events and trying to link a contradiction between them.
    What the hell...you admitted you saw it yourself! Recently!

As someone else pointed out, there is a contradiction in there but is in the non-highlighted part. I didn't read the non-highlighted part because the point of highlighting something is to show you where to read and where not to.
    Also, in what way is this anything other than a reversal? As linked before, just about every media outlet, as well as hard-line GOP backers, are calling him out on it. The highlit parts, the non-highlit parts, his entire campaign up to last week, everything shows this is a radical change both in letter, and in spirit, of his campaign. Everything!

And yes, not everything he says is worth discussion, but this is one of the key pillars holding up his campaign. It's is one of his biggest, if not his biggest, points he brings up over and over. It's a point so big, he was attacked by other GOP contenders during the primaries. This is 100% worth talking about. How can you not see that? Are you really following either Trump's campaign, or this thread, or both, so ineffectively that you don't see that?

What the hell...you admitted you saw it yourself! Recently!

Also, in what way is this anything other than a reversal? As linked before, just about every media outlet, as well as hard-line GOP backers, are calling him out on it. The highlit parts, the non-highlit parts, his entire campaign up to last week, everything shows this is a radical change both in letter, and in spirit, of his campaign. Everything!

And yes, not everything he says is worth discussion, but this is one of the key pillars holding up his campaign. It's is one of his biggest, if not his biggest, points he brings up over and over. It's a point so big, he was attacked by other GOP contenders during the primaries. This is 100% worth talking about. How can you not see that? Are you really following either Trump's campaign, or this thread, or both, so ineffectively that you don't see that?
    The non-highlighted contradiction is saying that the media shouldn't work with illegal immigrants and then him later saying you need to work with illegal immigrants. That is a contradiction but it doesn't tear down the pillars of his campaign, it just kind of shows he doesn't have a plan which is something most people realize by now.

I'm still not convinced that him saying the media should stop support illegals and then him saying he has been told it will be difficult to get rid of them is a contradiction but w/e maybe it is.

Like @Theodarzna said this shit is just nitpicking at this point. If you disagree with him, you disagree and you show your evidence for why he is wrong and you stop with the highlighting random speeches and sarcastic name calling. Not that I'm telling anyone what to do but this thread is just way shittier than it needs to be.

Yeah, undeserved meta superiority is really where the action is at.

10+ Year Old Account
    The non-highlighted contradiction is saying that the media shouldn't work with illegal immigrants and then him later saying you need to work with illegal immigrants. That is a contradiction but it doesn't tear down the pillars of his campaign, it just kind of shows he doesn't have a plan which is something most people realize by now.
    I defy you to describe Trump's campaign pillars in a way that his stance on immigration, prior to this week, wasn't one of them. Again, almost everyone else seems to think it is.

Also, I defy you to describe any campaign in which "he doesn't have a plan" doesn't tear it down.

I'm still not convinced that him saying the media should stop support illegals and then him saying he has been told it will be difficult to get rid of them is a contradiction but w/e maybe it is.
    Then why did you admit you saw it? I quoted it minutes ago! You just responded to it!

Like Theodarzna said this shit is just nitpicking at this point.
    A major policy flip-flop is not a nitpick.

If you disagree with him, you disagree and you show your evidence for why he is wrong and you stop with the highlighting random speeches and sarcastic name calling.
    He did show his evidence.

The speeches were not random.

And the sarcasm is 100% called for. Plus, you did it yourself when you called him Dump just a few minutes ago. Either that was sarcasm (as I assumed) or you went from calling us immature from using silly names, to using a silly name, in about five minutes.

Not that I'm telling anyone what to do
    OMG you literally just did in the previous sentence. I think we're done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Trump is playing the game almost perfectly, Hillary is so behind...she can't get more than 50 ppl in a gathering, Trump's gonna win by a landslide
    Looking at the size of rallies is like 'unskewing' the polls. They make you feel good, but it doesn't change the fact that your candidate is in serious trouble. People always turn to this nonsense when their candidate is down in the polls, and it never works. Are we going to do this same song and dance every election cycle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Trump is playing the game almost perfectly, Hillary is so behind...she can't get more than 50 ppl in a gathering, Trump's gonna be buried under a landslide

I fixed it for you - you are quite welcome! (Or to put it another way, Trump could win every single current swing state and would still lose.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

7+ Year Old Account

Like @Theodarzna said this shit is just nitpicking at this point. If you disagree with him, you disagree and you show your evidence for why he is wrong and you stop with the highlighting random speeches and sarcastic name calling. Not that I'm telling anyone what to do but this thread is just way shittier than it needs to be.
    It is a change in perceived rhetoric. Wheather he actually meant to deliver the ultra hardcore anti illegal immigrant stance his supporters and the general population associate him with is not relevant the rhetoric was there and people bought into it. His recent comments show a softening in that ultra hardcore rhetoric and to an extension a contradiction on it. Even his own supporters realize this.