Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Hitler was a liberal art student....?

This gem was dropped earlier on.

Hitler was the story of a failed liberal arts student who blamed those he deemed 'privileged' for society's ills. Sound familiar?
    Is this what people meant when they said "never forget"?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    This gem was dropped earlier on.

Is this what people meant when they said "never forget"?
    Does this really deserve another thread? What he said was exaggerated, but it was in response to a dumbest comment calling trump Hitler.
    Also if you know any history, there is to an extent correlation in what he daid. Many German banks were Jewish run as was a lot of the richer families. After ww1many blamed the families that stayed rich for the failures of the war, thinking they were betrayed. It also correlates because if you look at Germany after ww1 most of the families were extremely poor, as German money was unless. They'd burn it for heat and starve because they were forced to pay back the banks, who paid the sums required by the treaty of Versailles. Educate yourself

Deleted
    I wanted to dig deeper into the reasoning behind calling Hitler a "failed liberal art student".

Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    Does this really deserve another thread? What he said was exaggerated, but it was in response to a dumbest comment calling trump Hitler.
    Also if you know any history, there is to an extent correlation in what he daid. Many German banks were Jewish run as was a lot of the richer families. After ww1many blamed the families that stayed rich for the failures of the war, thinking they were betrayed. It also correlates because if you look at Germany after ww1 most of the families were extremely poor, as German money was unless. They'd burn it for heat and starve because they were forced to pay back the banks, who paid the sums required by the treaty of Versailles. Educate yourself
    As a proud member of the internet yes hitler does deserve another thread if there is a way to bring hitler into it it's your obligation as a fellow person on the internet to bring hitler into the conversation.

Deleted
    Also if you know any history, there is to an extent correlation in what he daid. Many German banks were Jewish run as was a lot of the richer families. After ww1many blamed the families that stayed rich for the failures of the war, thinking they were betrayed. It also correlates because if you look at Germany after ww1 most of the families were extremely poor, as German money was unless. They'd burn it for heat and starve because they were forced to pay back the banks, who paid the sums required by the treaty of Versailles. Educate yourself.
    And your supposition that I don't know about post war germany comes from? Apart from being unnecessarily edgy to DEFEND some dude.

I wanted to dig deeper into the reasoning behind calling Hitler a "failed liberal art student".
    He's was a failed artist from a school in Italy. He was eventually made fun of by many people, some includi my Jews, which many attribute part of his hate toward. He still painted when he became the awful sack of shot he was, but it was mostly German shepards. If I'm not mistaken he also dabbled in writing and philosophy, main kampf being the end result of that.

- - - Updated - - -

And your supposition that I don't know about post war germany comes from? Apart from being unnecessarily edgy to DEFEND some dude.
    I don't like hypocrite. When someone compares trump to Hitler then laughs when someone else uses a Hitler analogy it makes me Internet angry. I'd also like to add that I assume you made this thread for discussion, though I may be wrong.
    Last edited by Thrive; 2016-08-25 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How about this in a nutshell - if you don't want to read one of the many books published on the subject and "...wanted to dig deeper into the reasoning behind calling Hitler a "failed liberal art student". " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler. Especially https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_...nna_and_Munich

You can form an opinion based on that

- - - Updated - - -

Right, so actually it seems OP should have taken it to PMs with you instead of dragging this into public.
    I agree. I wasn't even the one who am definitely the original comment, I'm just calling out the stupidity of the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's was a failed artist from a school in Italy. He was eventually made fun of by many people, some includi my Jews, which many attribute part of his hate toward. He still painted when he became the awful sack of shot he was, but it was mostly German shepards. If I'm not mistaken he also dabbled in writing and philosophy, main kampf being the end result of that.
    Hitler's scapegoating of the Jews wasn't just because some Jewish people made fun of him and he couldn't deal. There was a great deal of thought, some of it passing as science, using skewed statistics, misinformation, and downright lies to place the blame on an ethnic-religious population for completely invented reasons in order to create a scapegoat to rally public anger and resentment around to place fascistic war mongering leaders in power based around the concept of a nation that lost its stature in the world and must take any measures to reclaim it.

Draw what parallels with contemporary politicians from that what you will.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Hitler's scapegoating of the Jews wasn't just because some Jewish people made fun of him and he couldn't deal. There was a great deal of thought, some of it passing as science, using skewed statistics, misinformation, and downright lies to place the blame on an ethnic-religious population for completely invented reasons in order to create a scapegoat to rally public anger and resentment around to place fascistic war mongering leaders in power based around the concept of a nation that lost its stature in the world and must take any measures to reclaim it.

Draw what parallels with contemporary politicians from that what you will.
    Oh absolutely, it wasn't my intention to make it seem that simple. It was really a matter of low class vs high class as well as the fact that the Jewish Germans tended to be isolationist and keep to themselves, stirring up more paranoia. There's a lot that goes into it, my only point was that some attribute those early days at school to be one of the things that started to breed that hate in him. It's all conjecture obviously, but I thought worth mentioning. Apologies if it came out as me meaning anything else.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like hypocrite. When someone compares trump to Hitler then laughs when someone else uses a Hitler analogy it makes me Internet angry. I'd also like to add that I assume you made this thread for discussion, though I may be wrong.
    Did not compare anything to anyone.
    So chill the fuck up.

What is a "liberal art student"?

Did not compare anything to anyone.
    So chill the fuck up.

What is a "liberal art student"?
    Usually teachers, but also includes a wide scape of non-stem fields. Artists, writers, historians, women's studies, etc.
    That's at least in regards to how its used most often now days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How about this in a nutshell - if you don't want to read one of the many books published on the subject and "...wanted to dig deeper into the reasoning behind calling Hitler a "failed liberal art student". " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler. Especially https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_...nna_and_Munich

You can form an opinion based on that

- - - Updated - - -

Right, so actually it seems OP should have taken it to PMs with you instead of dragging this into public.
    The OP, aka me, never made the comparison. I just wanted to know how far does someone have to go to reach that conclusion is all.
    Thrive is being aggressive as he's trying to defend the undefendable and this is all he can use.

- - - Updated - - -

Usually teachers, but also includes a wide scape of non-stem fields. Artists, writers, historians, women's studies, etc.
    Teachers are "liberal art students"?

- - - Updated - - -

Hitler was studying to be a painter wasn't he?
    Is painting a "liberal art"?

The OP, aka me, never made the comparison. I just wanted to know how far does someone have to go to reach that conclusion is all.
    Thrive is being aggressive as he's trying to defend the undefendable and this is all he can use.

- - - Updated - - -

Teachers are "liberal art students"?

- - - Updated - - -

Hitler was studying to be a painter wasn't he?
    Is painting a "liberal art"?
    They were at some point depending on the sort of teacher they are, yes. Historians, philosophers, social sciences, etc. Most teachers end up taking child psychology or some form of sociology.
    And yes he was studying to be an artist. He was also a writer.
    As far as if you'd list painting as liberal arts, I am unsure, but I'd imagine the term is used to imply it now days at the very least.

Deleted
    what's funny is that he wasn't a bad artist, he just painted things that weren't in a style that was popular then, which is why he was rejected. Essentially, he was rejected because he did not paint things the masses liked at the time. Look, an example of what he painted:

Deleted
    They were at some point depending on the sort of teacher they are, yes. Historians, philosophers, social sciences, etc. Most teachers end up taking child psychology or some form of sociology.
    And yes he was studying to be an artist. He was also a writer.
    As far as if you'd list painting as liberal arts, I am unsure, but I'd imagine the term is used to imply it now days at the very least.
    Are history and philosophy "liberal arts"?
    ??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    what's funny is that he wasn't a bad artist, he just painted things that weren't in a style that was popular then, which is why he was rejected. Essentially, he was rejected because he did not paint things the masses liked at the time. Look, an example of what he painted:

So liberal. God.

Are history and philosophy "liberal arts"?
    ??

- - - Updated - - -

So liberal. God.
    I can't tell if your trolling at this point. Liberal, in this context, is not referring to the political beliefs, it just means general arts (more or less). Any kind of social study, like history or philosophy, is part of the Liberal arts as is Literature and sociology.

Deleted
    I can't tell if your trolling at this point. Liberal, in this context, is not referring to the political beliefs, it just means general arts (more or less). Any kind of social study, like history or philosophy, is part of the Liberal arts as is Literature and sociology.
    Sorry, but please, define the meaning of the word "liberal" in this context. With backup possibly.

Also the people who mock him for being a 'failed' artist forget to mention he was only about 14 years old at the time he moved to Vienna to pursue it. I'd like to see how good they were at anything when they were 14.

Classiest thread in MMOC.

Sorry, but please, define the meaning of the word "liberal" in this context. With backup possibly.
    Good talk. Appreciate the ability you have at diffusal.