Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Town clerk is the same as court room: both cannot decorate themselves with a cross...or headscarf. your turn ....
    My turn what? Im of the opinion this is counter-productive, that it serves no real purpose except not to offend sensitive people. You probably shouldnt be triggered by what people wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    From the article:
    “There is no legal basis for this decision,” Petke said, noting that the German Constitutional Court had ruled that personal beliefs and their connection to certain items of clothing should not be objectionable.

Yes, you should be able to wear a cross.
    Your point?
    Easy. No one would actually defend it like they do a non religious head wrap.

Religion should be a private thing, it should never be exposed to people in official governments.

I completely support the mayor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    That's something you should take up with the mentally ill chancellor you guys/they have .
    Yeah, german citizens should vote while they still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I think the hyper-sensitive society is out of control with bigotry, stupidity, illiteracy, all sorts of hatred and all sorts of racism hiding under the averange "normal" citizen who is oh so tolerant as long as he cant smell you see you touch you hear you sense you in any way shape of form because they are generally insulted by just about everything another person can do.
    Bingo /5more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Love it <3

- - - Updated - - -

Since when do rights not apply at work?
    I am not talking about rights. I am talking about being a mature human being and not forcing others to tolerate you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    But plenty of people indeed wear crosses... what about the jews who have shilocks?
    never see them to be honest.
    I would say I see 10 times as many headscarfs as I see other religious clothing, but that would be a lie because I see it atleast 10000 times more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    I am not talking about rights. I am talking about being a mature human being and not forcing others to tolerate you
    religious expression has nothing to do at the workplace.
    We are explicitly talking about rights. Its funny that youre unaware of that fact. How is it that by wearing a scarf youre somehow forcing others to tolerate you? Ridiculous assertion...

- - - Updated - - -

never see them to be honest.
    As long as were being honest... would you be equally offended if you did see more of either?
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2016-08-25 at 01:22 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    We are explicitly talking about rights. Its funny that youre unaware of that fact. How is it that by wearing a scarf youre somehow forcing others to tolerate you? Ridiculous assertion...
    it was also reported somewhere in the original news this woman would take off the scarf for women only, which is a disrimination against men. so not only she expected exemption from neutral stance but permission to discriminate the male customers. Now how about that ?

"but mu rights" means GTFO here. if your religion collides with your duties, the workplace it not for you.

it was also reported somewhere in the original news this woman would take off the scarf for women only, which is a disrimination against men. so not only she expected exemption from neutral stance but permission to discriminate the male customers. Now how about that ?

"but mu rights" means GTFO here. if your religion collides with your duties, the workplace it not for you.
    I dont think you know what discrimination really means lol and now youre picking and chosing other side topics to debate because youve conceeded to the main point I assume?

- - - Updated - - -

if your religion collides with your duties the workplace it not for you.
    Only in your narrow world do the two have to be mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2016-08-25 at 01:33 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    I dont think you know what discrimination really means lol
    in germany it means sometimes "you cannot decide to serve only one gender if you could serve both if you would just for some hours at your workplace forget anything about invisible deities in heaven or elsewhere". need to say it again ? town clerk is not a private person. simple as that. and article 3 of Grundgesetz prohibits discrimination by gender. town clerk IS the state, therefore is bound by article 3.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2016-08-25 at 01:40 PM.

Yes, totally.
    Crime all over the country.
    Terrorist attacks all over the world.

But luckily they can tell people what to wear, that's how we save the world!

There, I just like to post this picture to show what this kind of stupidity leads to.
    And now that mayor in France wants to sue me, but I don't really give a fuck.
    The burkini thing is bullshit. They should be allowed to wear whatever they want as long as it doesn't cover their face.

Although, the mayor is right to fire anyone she wants for violating her dress code. You don't show up at a board meeting in a casual wear. You'll get fired or sent home. Professionalism is important when you're in the workplace as an adult. Especially when you're meant to represent your city/nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a really dumb town hall rule.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

As long as were being honest... would you be equally offended if you did see more of either?
    noob

I have a different opinion than you. deal with it and grow up

If no religious symbols are allowed then no religious symbols are allowed.
    Not sure what you mean by "waking up" but in this case christian symbols were banned as well.
    This is nothing new.

noob

I have a different opinion than you. deal with it and grow up
    Haha wait, hold up, did you just call me a noob and then tell me to grow up? I guess this is what happens when your intelligence levels drop to 0.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    1. She's an outsider called in to help on some refugee project.
    2. CDU claims she's not right and there is no legal basis.

1. she is acting as the government and therefore bound by its rules.
    2. communal government is in its own jurisdiction here. for example Berlin's town hall ( Rotes Rathaus) said they are neutral as a blank wall: no headscarf, no cross, no kippa, nothing at all for its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    This is nothing new.
    Neither is racism but I guess we should all just go on our way bc its how it has always been, right?

Deleted
    sounds like no religious symbolism is allowed, they don't allow crucifixes, they dont allow head scarfs, why is this news? theres no problem with applying rules fairly, im glad this mayor stood his ground and didn't give in, though now this story is making its way around the internet, how long before the mayor is forced to re-hire and allow muslims to wear headscarf?

no headscarf, no cross, no kippa, nothing at all for its employees.
    On display being the key word. Some religions are able to hide their symbols while other simply cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Okay, so tollshot was lying then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ok ok ok now im curios one of you two is lying.
    Wait... are you guys serious? You really think some guy on MMO-Champion just so happened to go to school with this? Possible, but almost completely unlikely. Even if true, he might just be salty that this girl called him a "creep" or something.

You guys act like people are swapping genders left and right or something. Trans people account for what? less than 0.5% of the population? Most of those "trans" kids are just edgy high-schoolers who think identifying as a different gender will make them 'cool' with their classmates.

LOL I'm just going to assume you guys are shitposting and not this gullible