Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    Putting the needs of her own people before anything else would make sense, but the Horde are not her people. She never cared about the other races of the Horde.

And War Crimes established that Sylvanas is insane and feels nothing for others.
    but she does need the rest of the horde for her survival, if the other horde races gets killed off, i am pretty sure the humans would be coming after her in no time. she saved voljin and by doing that she saved her own ass, and now she is warchief which is just icing on her cake, or maybe knowing what WoW hell is waiting for her and she wants to be a better person.

Last thing we heard about her, she tried to kill her sister and then went rogue and killed a bear and vowed to never love again.

Now she's being all level-headed and loyal to the Horde without any attempt at backstabbing anyone. Even when she retreats at the Broken Shore, she does so to save the Horde, not to fall in the back of the Alliance. Why is she such a loyal and honorable person all of a sudden? This is a complete 180 from her previous character.
    thats what you think.

Last thing we heard about her, she tried to kill her sister and then went rogue and killed a bear and vowed to never love again.
    If she was never going to love again, she wouldn't have ripped up the animals. If she was emotionally shutting down she wouldn't have been that angry and hurt.

And she never "tried" to kill her sister, nor for that matter were her plans anything akin to murder -- she meant to turn her sister into a dark ranger like herself so that she could assimilate into her new home in the Undercity, which, subjectively, was Sylvanas trying to do her a solid, not harm her. Unsurprisingly, the moral nuances are a bit tricky for someone that's undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post

I liked her as a pixel hottie. :P
    We all did, didnt we?

She's doing what anyone would sensibly do in the position the Alliance and Horde are in. She's in "no bullshit" mode, and trying to do whatever it takes to win and survive. Considering how much more is on the line for her over others, this makes total sense...pretty much every other main faction leader is likely going to have a peaceful oblivion afterlife, and she knows she has a one-way ticket to hell.

People denying it's a too-abrupt change and failure of character development are - look - basically relying on their imaginations to fill in the gaps Blizzard has created. When you have a major thread Iike this one, splintering opinions over a MAJOR POINT of character lore, it's a sign Blizzard has come up short.

It's not the end of the world, and I enjoyed reading people's theories here... but they're just that: non-canon hypotheses. Although I am all-Horde, I must say that the Alliance has always had the best faction leader in Varian. The Horde has been struggling like a third-world country since Thrall left.

PS.: Varian's cutscene compared to Sylvs. /Thread

The last Warchief that went around backstabbing people and generally causing a ruckus ended up violently evicted. Surely anyone sensible isn't going to run out the gates acting like an asshole and gaining even more bad reputation.

Because becoming Warchief was the powergrab that Sylvanas had been hoping for all along.

More than anything Sylvanas fears death. Stabbing her allies in the back while the Legion is invading is not a good way to remain alive. That being said, im certain that she'll have no qualms about sacrificing the rest of the Horde (and the Alliance, for that matter) to solve the Legion problem, if it comes down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    About the Broken Shore, I somehow lack the feeling that even if ALL warriors (minus leaders) of both factions died, it would be the end. Maybe it is the lack of scale in the cinematics, but it seems to me that Horde or Alliance are supposed to consist of more than a few dosen soldiers. Or even a few hundred. So, her fleeing and abandoning everyone, Thrall included, would not pose a threat to Horde as a whole, just shift a balance of powers towards undead faction. And she literally could do that with no consequences - could just grab Voljin and gtfo with same outcome.
    That said, undead were always a faction "with a plan". Undead scheming is way more elaborate and long term than all other factions of Horde and Alliance combined.
    There is no point excluding the leaders from that situation because that is pretty much what did happen. Yes others were saved too but the leaders are really all that matters there. If Sylvanas abandoned and left the others to die then no there would not be a power shift towards the forsaken, the opposite would happen. The forsaken would be expelled from the horde as the tauren, orcs and trolls would refuse to work with them and her especially. The forsaken and their position within the horde has been shaky at best, that would be the spark to light the fuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your mistake is assuming that this is all there is to the story.
    Have you played Stormheim yet? Just saying, it ain't all that obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    When all hell breaks loose, its the ones that remain calm you should truly worry about.
    Wrong, when all hell breaks loose and there is one person that stays calm. That person should at least temporally takes the leading role cause it is the only person that can make a rational decision.

It is exactly what Jarod did during the first invasion and because of it, he saved the world and got demigods like Cenaruis to kneel before him and taking orders from him.

I dunno, I don't really see her obeyance of an order to not die, saying something mildly comforting to someone important who is dying, or accepting power when it's offered to be particularly out of character for her. She's shown the capacity for respect before. Besides, Sylvanas may be the token evil teammate, but she doesn't want the Legion to win either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    And she never "tried" to kill her sister, nor for that matter were her plans anything akin to murder -- she meant to turn her sister into a dark ranger like herself
    Last time I checked, in every Dark Ranger's case mind you, in order to become one you kind of have to be... you know... dead.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Your mistake is assuming that this is all there is to the story.
    Have you played Stormheim yet? Just saying, it ain't all that obvious.
    That part is still really blurry for me. She makes a pact with Helya and assaults the Val'kir breeding grounds, or whatever then a cinematic is supposed to roll that explains what the deal is, but no cinematic yet, or that I know of.

Now she's being all level-headed and loyal to the Horde without any attempt at backstabbing anyone. Even when she retreats at the Broken Shore, she does so to save the Horde, not to fall in the back of the Alliance. Why is she such a loyal and honorable person all of a sudden? This is a complete 180 from her previous character.
    blizzard have decided to ignore completely warcrimes, both jaina and sylvanas have been stuck at the end of soo without any advancement; plus both are destined to be in the second last boss of the xpack Felmagus Jaina and Lich Queen Sylvanas , right before Fel King Varian
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    Because becoming Warchief was the powergrab that Sylvanas had been hoping for all along.
    Pretty much this until she is corrupted and/or dies like all of the others.

They probaly didn't want the 2 major female characters for the 2 factions to seem "bitchy" all of a sudden so they migrated her a bit towards making sense... It's not a huge sample but 2 females being crazy or bitchy is meh w/e but when you only really have these 2 thats 100% and too much.

I do hope we see her do things in Legion and from what i herd she does have some interactions with the ........ I want to say Valkyrs in broken isles(not sure if they were Valkyrs exactly or just Vikings or w.e lol) and something goes on, but I didn't ready too much into it cause I want it to be a surprise ^.^. We followed Khadgar around for an entire xpac and have followed a panda around for one.. and thrall.. so i hope they mix it up and have several focal point characters and not just 1 and i hope shes one

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Last time I checked, in every Dark Ranger's case mind you, in order to become one you kind of have to be... you know... dead.
    My point was she didn't actually do anything to bring this to fruition. That would be what "try" would mean in any rational understanding of the word. She had the thought, and the intention, but she hadn't done the least thing to act on it, nor (my other point) would she have understood it to be a malicious act (which is part of what makes a killing murder, malice).

She has to lead now. Time to put petty things aside and do whats best for the people, not just the undead but for the Horde.