Poll: Is PolitiFact Biased

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Reuters, AP.
    Since both Reuters and AP are owned by the same people and are the primary source of news for the overwhelming majority of other news media sites you can more or less say that they're the direct source of the bias that exists in the media.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It is true. It's a fact. What's wrong is saying it is for equal work, which he didn't say in that speech.
    If your gonna use that definition of "true" as in excluding parameters and intentionally present a false picture of whats going on then alot of really really dumb statements are true aswell. Wich doesnt really contribute anything towards educating the masses or as a politician give your opinion on a subject.

For instance i could say that ants have higher iq than humans.
    Wich doesnt represent the reality of the situation at all but they do outnumber us a million to one or more so they whould only need one tentousandth of one iq to beat us in total iq race vs race. But you dont see me starting a ant-ist movement to push for rights to ants for being the more intelligent beings. You dont see me trying to pass laws that force companies to hire ants nd such because of a stupid statistic that doesnt represent reality at all.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2016-08-25 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    reality and facts indeed have a liberal bias.
    Funny considering liberal economists and other academics almost slaughter eachother which methodology is best and what "facts" are true. Don't be uneducated, please.

There are liberal economists that say refugees are good for the economy and there are liberal economists that say it's bad for the economy. So where is your truth?

Then again, people in the US don't even seem to know what liberalism actually is.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-08-25 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    The methodology is clearly detailed on their site.
    And how can her claim be half true if there is no data at all on her statement?

Did you even read the criteria?

The Foramerica one is considered mostly false even though the numbers are correct, according to them. Obama and Sanders got mostly true even though they bend their numbers to fit their agenda.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-08-25 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The creating more jobs is an add on as a way to get people behind coal. It's not healthy...
    But its technically true, right?! Because it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The 77 cents figure is fact. Plain and simple. What is wrong is when people misrepresent that fact by pretending it means "for the same work" or something like that. This is why you have such a problem with politifact: You don't seem to understand the difference between a fact and a misuse of that fact. If someone uses a fact to be misleading, the fact doesn't become untrue.
    Yes, its still untrue because its being used in a way to suggest something else. While stating the "77 cents" thing is technically stating a fact, Obama (or whoever) is being dishonest by using it in that specific context. Politifact is wrong, because context matters. I could also say "100% of people who drink water die" ... which is technically true, but its dishonest and really doesn't make sense if you aren't going to explain it further.

Then why did they rate an Obama as that says 77% for the same work as "mostly false"?
    To be clear there are two statements by Obama (their web-pages really need better search):
    "Mostly false" http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...7-cents-dolla/
    "Mostly true" http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ake-77-cents-/

The second is based on a lenient interpretation of the following:
    "You know, today, women make up about half our workforce, but they still make 77 cents for every dollar a man earns. That is wrong, and in 2014, it's an embarrassment. Women deserve equal pay for equal work."
    Since it doesn't say that 77 cent is for equal work - it just implies it, they let it slide.

Whether they are consistently lenient for one side, just nice to the president, or just inconsistent - I don't know.

Yeah that's the dictionary definition of racism.
    No, no it isn't. I hate to defend Trump, but that statement isn't racist. He isn't stating that being of X descent would make him a bad judge, but that there is a conflict of interest because his parents are immigrants, he might rule in favor of his parents interests.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post38001061

Showed specifically the bias of politifact once, pointless to do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, no it isn't. I hate to defend Trump, but that statement isn't racist. He isn't stating that being of X descent would make him a bad judge, but that there is a conflict of interest because his parents are immigrants, he might rule in favor of his parents interests.
    Except that's not what he said. He said he can't be impartial because he is Mexican. It's as absurd as demanding black judges recuse themselves from civil rights cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post38001061

Showed specifically the bias of politifact once, pointless to do it again.
    Is it pointless to do again because of how unconvincing your arguments were? Saying the Iranian deal requires us to take Irans side in any conflict with Israel is a lie. Saying that African Americans are worse off than almost ever is fucking insane.

Except that's not what he said. He said he can't be impartial because he is Mexican. It's as absurd as demanding black judges recuse themselves from civil rights cases.
    I think it was Zenkai that posted the exact quote... which doesn't seem to agree with your opinions on things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I too post random images on the internet as fact.

I think it was Zenkai that posted the exact quote... which doesn't seem to agree with your opinions on things.
    "I've been treated very unfairly by this judge. Now, this judge is of Mexican heritage. I’m building a wall, OK?"

"I've been treated very unfairly by this judge. Now, this judge is of Mexican heritage. I’m building a wall, OK?"
    Use the full quote.

Use the full quote.
    Gladly:

TRUMP: I’ll tell you what it has to do. I have had ruling after ruling after ruling that’s been bad rulings, OK?

I’ve been treated very unfairly. Beforehand, we had another judge. If that judge was still there, this case would have been over two years ago.

Let me just tell you, I have had horrible rules. I’ve been treated very unfairly by this judge. Now, this judge is of Mexican heritage. I’m building a wall, OK?

I’m building a wall. I am going to do very well with the Hispanics, the Mexicans (INAUDIBLE)…

Gladly:

TRUMP: I’ll tell you what it has to do. I have had ruling after ruling after ruling that’s been bad rulings, OK?

I’ve been treated very unfairly. Beforehand, we had another judge. If that judge was still there, this case would have been over two years ago.

Let me just tell you, I have had horrible rules. I’ve been treated very unfairly by this judge. Now, this judge is of Mexican heritage. I’m building a wall, OK?

I’m building a wall. I am going to do very well with the Hispanics, the Mexicans (INAUDIBLE)…
    Weird, that seems to differ from the previous quote used.

Weird, that seems to differ from the previous quote used.
    Actually I left the best part out: that whole response was because Jake Tapper asked him what it has to do with the judge's heritage:

TAPPER: But what —

TRUMP: Let me tell you…

TAPPER: — does that have to do with his heritage?

The facts sites never weight similar comments the same. So yes they are biased.

Actually I left the best part out: that whole response was because Jake Tapper asked him what it has to do with the judge's heritage:

TAPPER: But what —

TRUMP: Let me tell you…

TAPPER: — does that have to do with his heritage?
    Again, weird that you keep leaving things out, cutting and pasting things in specific orders etc..

Also weird that you ignored the link Zenkai posted, specifically talking about conflicts of interest. But /golfclap on your ability to right click, and cut/paste.

Again, weird that you keep leaving things out, cutting and pasting things in specific orders etc..

Also weird that you ignored the link Zenkai posted, specifically talking about conflicts of interest. But /golfclap on your ability to right click, and cut/paste.
    Dude I copied that directly from the CNN transcript, and the second quote comes directly before the first. I'm sorry you are wrong, but your refusal to pull your head out of your ass on this is starting to look sad as fuck.

I personally found this quite awhile ago while looking through the site. In general if you just use it as PURE true/false they are fine, but they tend to let things be "Half True" for one side, while "Mostly false" for the other given the same exact problems with the statements. You should read any reason they give for "Mostly True" and anything below that line should just be read as flat out false.