Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordrol View Post
    Hey guys take it easy a bit. I had to check what I typed in the OP to make sure I didn't state something extreme. I started the thread to ask for information if there is a way to check that. I didn't say that I would use this info in any way. You all made assumptions :P. I agree with most of the posts but damn, no one answered the question :P
    You wouldn't want the info if you weren't going to use it in some way.

Besides, it's pointless. Send all items to new, unguilded alt, and you'll never know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    wtf is with all these replies acting like this isn't a normal thing to do in a progression guild?

I'm really confused.
    Obviously its not mandatory to be contributing resources, but it is absolutely expected in my guild.
    It has been since Wrath and will continue to be in the future.
    Its a guild after all. Everyone can put forward a small amount of materials to help the guild succeed overall.

I too wish there was a way to see who was and wasn't contributing. Not because I would kick them, but because it would give me a better idea about who actually cares about helping others and who only cares about themselves.

Unfortunately, there is no way to track this.
    You can track who puts thing in and takes things out, just take note of who isn't putting things in and you know who isn't contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Both these quotes kind of crack me up. The few high end guilds I have been in made so much gold from selling gear that farming by the members wasn't even a consideration. Back in BC/wrath you could make a fortune selling raid level player made gear and carries. These days, the amount of gold a top end guild can make through carry runs... Its laughable to think these players are worried about mats when its far more efficient and lucrative to make gold and buy what is needed.

This. You don't even need to be a top guild. You can be the worst guild. People who need mats, or farm mats, or guilds that require them, or think they need them...or whatever is just a sign of either incompetence or stupidity.

Used to drive me nuts when guildies or GM's beg for mats. Guild has 500k gold in the bank, and people are begging for 500g in herbs. WTF.
    Last edited by ablib; 2016-08-26 at 12:31 AM.

wtf is with all these replies acting like this isn't a normal thing to do in a progression guild?
    It's not, progression guilds that take this seriously have a bank of millions of gold from sales runs.

If you are splitting each sales run maybe, but that tends to be rarer. And at that point raiders can be expected to fend for themselves.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

I'm really confused.

Players and guilds need resources because they're not good at acquiring gold by other means. Any good/efficient player/guild buys the resources they need from the slaves that farm them.

As an example, and I'm thinking Wrath since you brought it up. During ICC I took over as banker in a guild, because it was being poorly ran. There were stacks upon stacks of Primordial Saronite in the guild -- thousands worth in gold. I'm like WTF? Mats like that lose value every week. Every week you hold on to them you're losing gold. So I put all of it on the AH. GM is pissed, asking wtf am I doing. I'm like...my job. He says well...we need that for when we need to craft a piece of gear. I tell him, let me know when you want a 10k pair of boots, and I'll just buy it, because we're losing more than 10k a week right now due to these mats collecting dust in the gbank.
    Last edited by ablib; 2016-08-26 at 12:36 AM.

To my knowledge, you wont be able to track them. My guild doesn't know the name of my two auction alts besides 1-2 officers. You're not going to be able to do so unless you know every alt each player has. You'll have to try a different approach.

In my mind, people do what they want with the material they gather and craft.

If your guild members are interested in helping their team out, they'll do it without being asked.
    Our guild barely scratches mythic and we already have several people coming to the officers about what materials we'd most likely need for progressing. I would expect any decent guild to behave that way.

If you have issues with people contributing, you could always add an incentive for people who regularly aid the guild in materials/crafts. Rather than trying to track those who are selling their goods, just track those doing a good job for the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I tell him, let me know when you want a 10k pair of boots, and I'll just buy it, because we're losing more than 10k a week right now due to these mats collecting dust in the gbank.
    That's how our guild is running now thanks to how profitable the end of this expansion became.
    Our Officer who runs our bank has been superb at handling the cash flow and we're going into the next expansion with a solid sum of gold in the bank if we ever need to dip into reserves for Oblit and other goods.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2016-08-26 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm really confused.
    Obviously its not mandatory to be contributing resources, but it is absolutely expected in my guild.
    It has been since Wrath and will continue to be in the future.
    Its a guild after all. Everyone can put forward a small amount of materials to help the guild succeed overall.

I too wish there was a way to see who was and wasn't contributing. Not because I would kick them, but because it would give me a better idea about who actually cares about helping others and who only cares about themselves.

Unfortunately, there is no way to track this.
    Bank log shows contributions. If you expect guild members to donate all materials they farm, then you're a bit fucked in the head.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    During tbc I had a guy (officer at the time) blaming me and wanting to kick me because I insulted a guy that camped me for an hour during leveling (I pmed him on a forum). He was talking about the prestige of our guild falling down
    My guild at the time didn't give a fuck, after a month I was an officer and the main tank while he got kicked.

If someone care about what people think of him on a fucking game I have bad news for him
    I had these kind of people tell me shit like this before. I just laughed in their faces and found somewhere that didn't have their assholes puckered up tighter than a snare drum.

A better way to do this, if you're inclined to require members to contribute to the guild crafting gear, would just be to require people to donate XYZ amount of materials or gold each week/month/whatever. That way you can easily keep track of how much you're taking in, how much each member contributes, who has contributed, etc. I used to be in a guild that took this approach for gear and raid consumables and it worked pretty well. It can even be a pretty big benefit if you have an officer who is good at marketeering.

My guild just gives out the 60-80k per week earnings from 2 mounts since feb. I really think its unfair having the guild bank manage gearing people, everyone should know their responsibilities in joining a raiding guild. Theres really no excuse after the guild provided you ~2mil in the past 7 months lol. In that 7 months we still have that same ~17 raiders. It would be pretty damn obvious who are the weakest links in the 1st week of EN lol

Guilds provide so little benefit these days that you'd think people wouldn't want to do/say stupid things that might make their members run off.

I just manage my own shit. Flasks pots food boe crafted, a guild is for raiding

I spy with my little eye

Deleted
    A) Your guild is stupid.
    B) The Undermine Journal will help your guild in its stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    I just manage my own shit. Flasks pots food boe crafted, a guild is for raiding
    Some things like Thunderfury mats and Primordial Saronite for Shadow's Edge do/did need guildy help. In Wrath I remember getting a discount on 1/3 for mine and the rest was my own or some random donations I THINK I returned the favor on... been so long I can't remember.

But launch BoEs, pots, that tier of help - do yourself and your guild favor and do it yourself. Especially consumables. I remember sometimes helping people/friends in early Mists because I WANTED TO - but forcing help is bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

technically you can look up the alt names on wowprogress however

a. the person can bother to hide them there
    b. it does not show alts below lvl 10

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes and?
    A dictator cannot simply demand whatever he wants. That's how revolutions happen.
    The trick is to know what your raiders want and are willing to do and to keep them happy. Because as you said, they will simply leave if you don't.

For a nice and contextual example of that look to Method splitting into Serenity.
    That is a dictator saying "X will happen" and his raiders going "F that shit, we are out of here".
    Very true. I was in a decent (but not top) raiding guild in Wrath that was run by a dictator. It still exists, and about 10 splinter raiding guilds have formed over the past years from it, and continue to form as he pisses the crap out of everyone. Real terrible person!

Its their items so they kinda decides how they want to use them, however if thats the guild rules well I guess there may be some addons that could track that sort of thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Have ppl ask for mats they need, for what item they gon make, then check if they use the item?
    It's not about that. OP wants to know if mats gathered by said guldies is out into his/her guild bank instead of of said guildy making a profit on something he/she gathered in his/her free time.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forcing people to share their stuff isn't going to make you a hardcore player , Git gud instead...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

We always just expected people to farm their own mats, food, flasks, etc. Obviously times have changed and different things like food table but if you're not fully enchanted, buffed, crafted, gemmed, etc and you want to raid you're sitting if someone else is available and prepared.