Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    so, since our mana regen won't change for the whole expansion, does that mean we will always be below mana cap ? or above ? this part seems a bit confusing to me

regardless of mana cap or not haste then crit seems the best option since we got lots of hots, imo

iirc versatility requires the most stats for 1% ? isnt it like 375 vers for 1%? (at 110) or its tied/lower than crit, can't remember the numbers.. can't find them either
    We don't have nearly enough HoT-focused spells making up our healing composition to out-weigh Haste's increased mana expenditure. Since I have not put together a detailed explanation yet (except the video in the OP), you can browse the old WoD stat weights on the "About" tab. That's what the link is there for. Obviously, some parts of the Haste explanation will not apply, like WoD Mana Tea channel speed, but the basic concepts still apply. In short, if you have a finite supply of Mana, all Haste does is let you use more TP/BOK or SooM, and nothing else, the latter of which is what you see in the spreadsheet, and for sure not a large HPS gain, being the weakest spell of our entire kit. Calculating SotC value and Haste weights is a high priority for me for this reason.

Versatility is stronger than Crit in practical situations because of diminishing returns. The result of Vers>Crit does not surprise me in the slightest, nor should it surprise anyone familiar with the WoD weights (Vers and Crit used to be pretty close, but now we don't have Crit propped up by proccing extra mana tea stacks).

The rating-to-stat% conversion rates are on the Truths tab, including for Lv110 on the side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Virond View Post
    Hi there, I was searching through your sheet to reconcile the RT versus FT question that has been bothering me and I have a couple of questions regarding the formulas on your talent tab.

For Focused Thunder, you're able to cast two empowered spells back to back but the formula only seems to count one. Is that intended?

For Rising Thunder, you're taking away the contribution of TFT instead of adding it, plus I'm not seeing the interaction of a multiplier to account for the additional TFTs you get from performing your RSK with BOK rotation. Is that the first term? If so, why isn't it being interacted with the TFT term on a positive basis?

I also think at the beginning of the formula for Rising Thunder there is a typo, why aren't you multiplying the amount of RSKs you can cast per minute to the second term (the reset multiplier) instead of adding the two terms together?

((60/Truths!$F$11) + 1*(Main!$J$15*Truths!$F$63*Truths!$F$64)
    RT is definitely out of date from before the TP-BOK interaction change. Perhaps I should add a note of that for now.
    I will double-check FT while I'm at it and get back to you. Focused Thunder looks correct. You get one additional use compared to normal.

However, perhaps this will clear some things up:
    In the first term of the whole thing
    ((60/Truths!$F$11) + 10*(Main!$J$15*Truths!$F$63*Truths!$F$64) - (60/Truths!$F$10))
    This is saying
    "RSK casts from cooldowns + RSK casts from BOK resets - TFT casts you would have gotten if you weren't resetting it every 9-10 seconds"
    This is then multiplied by the gain of additional TFT casts (since each RSK cast yields a TFT cast).

The second term (starting with a minus sign) is the number of RSK uses multiplied by the HPS lost from additional Mana expenditure, since you're required to spend this mana to reap the HPS benefits.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2016-07-24 at 02:40 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    I really have a basic question, I think that's the main reason why I'm confused: How can I change the numbers on the first page to calculate for my character? All it says is "only reading" and I can't do anything.

Oh, and where do I find the EF-BPs?

Quote Originally Posted by Huolan View Post
    I really have a basic question, I think that's the main reason why I'm confused: How can I change the numbers on the first page to calculate for my character? All it says is "only reading" and I can't do anything.

Oh, and where do I find the EF-BPs?
    1) File->Make a Copy (Otherwise your changes would be public and people could deface the spreadsheet, sorry)
    2) About Tab has a link to breakpoints
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    Thanks alot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Essence Font (110%*3+33%)*6=2196% sp?

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Essence Font (110%*3+33%)*6=2196% sp?
    That's the number you'd get if you didn't include column K, except it's 36% for the entire HoT, plus Haste effects for a total of ~45% per 6 seconds. The HoT is applied and starts ticking on the first bolt that player receives, and is refreshed to 6 seconds on each subsequent bolt.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2016-07-25 at 06:06 AM.

Updated for Build 22423
    - ReM Mana Cost increased from 2.8% base mana to 3.0%
    - GoM sp% coefficient increased from 8.5% to 10%

(Mastery +0.06 (+15%))

Did they change the way breakpoints work in Legion and I missed it?

Why are they suddenly a thing? Thought Blizzard just gives you a partial tick now.

Deleted
    The haste BP are all about the number of gcd you can cast during ManaTea (and innervate) or during the duration of EF's hot.

They're not about the HoT themselves since they give partial ticks when they expire since wod.

That is a good point, I didn't think about Mana Tea.

But then again, is it really doable with any kind of latency?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    That is a good point, I didn't think about Mana Tea.

But then again, is it really doable with any kind of latency?
    Well once you hit the BP which is at gcd cap (1sec for us MW right ?) it may be hard, normally with the queue system if you have low latency 0-100ms you shouldnt stop casting and thus manage to get that gcd in. This also works for every other BP (but you'll usually have little more haste than the BP so it's easier)

At reasonable latencies, spells should be queued such that the breakpoint should work most-to-all of the time if you're just above it.

GCD cap has changed from 1.00s to 0.75s for all specs, which increases max Haste benefit from 50% Haste to 100% Haste. Energy-based DPS specs still have a 1.00s GCD, unaffected by Haste.

- Fixed an error in Haste's value calculation. The error was a logical error in a formula that has been around since Highmaul. Fortunately, this is only the second time something like that has happened. (Haste +0.03, from 0.40 to 0.43)

- Rising Thunder talent value updated for new TP-BOK combo mechanics and Celestial Breath uptime loss, if applicable (it's impossible to use TFT exactly every 30 seconds with RT talented, after all).

- Most important talents and all artifact traits and their effect on stat weights have been implemented in prep for Lv110, except Rising Thunder, due to its formulaic complexity. Rising Thunder's implementation will likely come some time after Lv110 weights are released, but before the release of the first raid week of Legion. Note that this change includes the value of Lv100 talents changing based on your Lv45 talent selection (though SotC extra BOK uses must still be accounted for manually in the sense that your FWing uptime increases).

- Lv110 stat weights for raiding are looking like they will be ready day 1 if not week 1 of Legion (except when talented for RT, as detailed above).

- - - Updated - - -

- Spreadsheet has been converted to Lv110. A link to the Lv100 frozen-in-time version is on the Main page (but will be removed once Legion launches).

- Lv110 weights are not final.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2016-08-28 at 06:38 AM.

Deleted
    Haste weight is 420 PogChamp

Fixed an issue for 5man stat weights that drastically increased Mastery's value (Forgot to create separate burst value weight for 5-man healing). Note that, as it is in orange, it's still not 100% finished yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Fixed an issue for 5man stat weights that drastically increased Mastery's value (Forgot to create separate burst value weight for 5-man healing). Note that, as it is in orange, it's still not 100% finished yet.
    Our new mastery is terrible for balancing. According to your stat weights, mastery weighs very high (3.42) in dungeons but very low(1.27) in raids.

Suppose mastery is as powerful as versatility in raids that means it must be op in dungeons.

2.42/1.27*3.42=6.5185>>>intellect

Also, if mastery weighs so high in raid, that means you would never want to use most of your spells due to how bad they weigh from mastery. That also causes another issue like abusing factors. The least harmful thing they would do is simply nerfing our mastery.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2016-09-11 at 03:32 AM.

Any idea on how the pre raid trinkets stack up?

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Our new mastery is terrible for balancing. According to your stat weights, mastery weighs very high (3.42) in dungeons but very low(1.27) in raids.

Suppose mastery is as powerful as versatility in raids that means it must be op in dungeons.

2.42/1.27*3.42=6.5185>>>intellect

Also, if mastery weighs so high in raid, that means you would never want to use most of your spells due to how bad they weigh from mastery. That also causes another issue like abusing factors. The least harmful thing they would do is simply nerfing our mastery.
    Actually, I'd encourage a Mastery buff. Since you're almost always using above mana cap Haste for dungeons, Haste>Mastery still, so they could buff Mastery and it still wouldn't even be our best stat there. Also, I think raid stat weights are much more important.

Alternatively, they could tweak the way Mastery works so that it's more valuable in raids by making it proc from more of our spells. For example, I'm looking at this one log from raid testing here, and 37.90% of the healing came from spells that do not proc Mastery (Chi Burst, Chi-Ji, Revival (+Trait), Celestial Breath, Mists of Sheilun, Sheilun's Gift, Leech, Soothing Mist, and Life Cocoon). That's quite a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enterthemind View Post
    Any idea on how the pre raid trinkets stack up?
    I don't believe anyone's done a ranking for them. They're a bit annoying because they almost each have their own unique thing, and the proc rates aren't available in the tooltips.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Actually, I'd encourage a Mastery buff. Since you're almost always using above mana cap Haste for dungeons, Haste>Mastery still, so they could buff Mastery and it still wouldn't even be our best stat there. Also, I think raid stat weights are much more important.

Alternatively, they could tweak the way Mastery works so that it's more valuable in raids by making it proc from more of our spells. For example, I'm looking at this one log from raid testing here, and 37.90% of the healing came from spells that do not proc Mastery (Chi Burst, Chi-Ji, Revival (+Trait), Celestial Breath, Mists of Sheilun, Sheilun's Gift, Leech, Soothing Mist, and Life Cocoon). That's quite a lot.
    I don't think tweaking the way mastery works is a good option. It is absolutely a GotS 2.0. No difference between them.

The point is we need different stats raid vs mythic+, there is a balance ?