Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I think we had been used to the right, especially the christian right, being the ones to do this. Now the far left has usurped them. And a great deal of mainstream left wing media is complicit. This saddens me.
    I think people are so desperate for a tried and true Bad Guy that they'll demonize anything.

People seem to have a problem living in the grayer regions.

Not even remotely surprised at this point.

http://www.oneangrygamer.net/2016/08...ame-jam/10429/

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Cant believe this guys works at Bioware.
    http://imgur.com/gallery/vKfZ8

It makes sense though. Bioware has been a pile of shit since the Star Wars MMO flopped.
    Ummm wow that guy is a total shit head, thats amazing that such a blatant outspoken racist works for a major company

- - - Updated - - -

Wow so i finally understand what gamergate is about, which is gaming 'journalists' reporting on gaming news in a very leftist and bias form, am i correct?

so... this is actually pretty amazing, a group of people destroying the reputation of shitty journalists and countering this brainwashing bullshit

Now if only people were this enthusiastic about every other form of media, we could stop all sorts of secretive BS

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Now if only people were this enthusiastic about every other form of media, we could stop all sorts of secretive BS
    I think that's on the verge of happening, it's all coming to a turning point.
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Quote Originally Posted by erthwjim View Post
    I think that's on the verge of happening, it's all coming to a turning point.
    Id hope. US are tossing up between trump and hillary, both terrible candidates, meanwhile the media silences and buries other candidates, just look at what happened to Ron Paul for the 2008 elections, that was a travesty! in nearly all polls he was the top contender to for the GOP, he anihilated the other candidates in debates and has been morally consistent for his entire career, and got completely cut out of the mainstream media. Bernie sanders was treated like royalty in comparison.

If there was a gamergate movement against ALL Dishonest media, there wouldnt have been a war in the mideast (false pretense, no WMDs, no evidence that the 9/11 attacks originated from the countries that were invaded) which means there wouldnt be isis (no power vacuum for insane terrorists to breed in) which means there wouldnt be the refugee crisis in europe (no syrian civil war)

Oh if only people were as outraged about the bullshit in reality as they are about their passtime, but this does give me some hope atleast, and it seems people do understand that the media is full of shit. Its interesting to see just how much the media shapes public opinion and what can be done when the people catch on to it

Oh if only people were as outraged about the bullshit in reality as they are about their passtime, but this does give me some hope atleast, and it seems people do understand that the media is full of shit. Its interesting to see just how much the media shapes public opinion and what can be done when the people catch on to it
    It's a bit rougher when the dishonesty stems from unverifiable and extremely distant facts orchestrated by well paid and trained deceivers. We can work with the dishonesty in gaming media because the liars are broke schlubs and the deceit is more reactions of convenience than anything else. But with the invasion of Iraq, there was no chance for input on that war as it was decided at the presidential level after which our soldiers were hostages in congressional negotiations for more cash to fund those wars. The people who needed convincing were few. I don't think you can fight that shit with an email campaign or regular petitions to the FCC FTC and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    It's a bit rougher when the dishonesty stems from unverifiable and extremely distant facts orchestrated by well paid and trained deceivers. We can work with the dishonesty in gaming media because the liars are broke schlubs and the deceit is more reactions of convenience than anything else. But with the invasion of Iraq, there was no chance for input on that war as it was decided at the presidential level after which our soldiers were hostages in congressional negotiations for more cash to fund those wars. The people who needed convincing were few. I don't think you can fight that shit with an email campaign or regular petitions to the FCC FTC and so on.
    That was in 2001, not many people were familiar or well versed in the communication that the internet brings, let alone having the moxy to stand up to corruption, in the past people may have just dumped gaming magazines or continued reading them without facing the public backlash that set alot of things straight.

The internet allows us access to a wealth of information unprecedented in the past, with decent enough communication we can talk to people on the ground in other countries to get an accurate reading personally and bypass the medias monopoly on facts.

I do have hope for the future under certain conditions, but if people dont stand against the corrupt media then i think we are all doomed, might sound extreme, but imagine what gaming would look like if GG didnt fight back!

But with the invasion of Iraq.
    That was in 2001
    Uh, guys...?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruffertus View Post
    Uh, guys...?
    ugh not remembering the dates, i was a kid then, invasions came later didnt they? Dates arent exactly important in this context anywho

Two years off in this context isn't so bad really. Unless there's some other problem Gruff is pointing to that I'm missing.

Quick rundown of the leaks for those who haven't checked them out.

https://8ch.net/v/res/10519063.html
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-08-27 at 08:27 AM.

Ian Miles Cheong wrote an article on the CON leaks. http://heatst.com/tech/chat-logs-exp...nline-bullies/

How surprising. The professional victims hiding behind PC culture are horrible monsters pretending to be victims hiding behind pc culture.

Sad part is the people they have well and truly indoctrinated will step in line with side mullets and problem glasses ready and defend them as "being driven to it" because being complete human garbage is a choice of last resort. Or something.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-08-27 at 06:18 PM.

Interesting read. Will take me a while to go through it all. Appears to confirm what I already knew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

It confirms what I believed pretty damn closely, which makes me suspicious of it, but I guess I should take a look.

For whatever its worth, Ion Miles Chong confirmed them as legitimate, having been part of that in the beginning before he grew a conscience.

Sure, but Chong isn't really consistent. I'll take a look and see what's there to see.

It confirms what I believed pretty damn closely, which makes me suspicious of it, but I guess I should take a look.
    Yes this is an issue- how do we know that it is legit?

The comments about speaking to people in governmental departments, trying to push there agenda on that level is rather scary. To "stop the harassers".
    Last edited by tehealadin; 2016-08-27 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Full circle back to Zoe Quinn now? I thought it changed to being about "ethics in video games journalism."

Interesting.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov