Thread: G2A/Kinguin

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grindfactor View Post
    Theres absolutely nothing wrong with those 2 sites at all. Bought from both throughout the years and had nothing but great service from them. They dont get to offer some of the bonuses like free 100 boost with prepurchase and stuff but the cost makes up for things like that... anyone who claims theyre shady clearly hasnt either bought from there or just plain being judgmental of a site they dont know... so seriously have at it and enjoy the cheaper games.
    If you honestly believe that, then I have a couple of 20,000 dollar TVs I will gladly sell you for only 2 grand each. They are totally legit TVs too, just don't ask me where I got them.

If you don't care about the "morals" that everyone else is talking about, just pre-order it and enable buyer protection for an extra dollar/euro.
    It'll still be much cheaper than anywhere else.
    Oh and just do it if you're in no rush, I've never pre ordered from kinguin or g2a but since they're not retailers there's always a chance that you get it a few days later.
    Last edited by Ashkiman; 2016-08-26 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    If you honestly believe that, then I have a couple of 20,000 dollar TVs I will gladly sell you for only 2 grand each. They are totally legit TVs too, just don't ask me where I got them.
    Hey if they work I'll take em. Do they have a built in DVD player?

Deleted

Sites like G2A can hurt developers more than pirating, and is a really shady business.
    Sponsored streamers and content creators get a lot of money from G2A, which makes them attractive to stick into every possible video or stream. You can't discuss G2A with them either, since they have contracts basically saying you can't bad-talk them.
    The greedier consumers and streamers get the more it hurts the developers via sites like G2A.
    Ask yourself if you'd want to get paid less for your work because a shady business can offer what you produce cheaper from the black market.

Deleted
    Yes, 100% legit. Just Keys from cheaper regions.

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    You keep telling yourself that champ. If they was legit they would be legit sellers and they are not.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    If you had already sold +50k items and I can see a proof for that, then I would gladly buy from you without asking where you get your stuff from as long as they're in good condition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoltenMuffin View Post

Sites like G2A can hurt developers more than pirating, and is a really shady business.
    Sponsored streamers and content creators get a lot of money from G2A, which makes them attractive to stick into every possible video or stream. You can't discuss G2A with them either, since they have contracts basically saying you can't bad-talk them.
    The greedier consumers and streamers get the more it hurts the developers via sites like G2A.
    Ask yourself if you'd want to get paid less for your work because a shady business can offer what you produce cheaper from the black market.
    How would paying less for a product hurts a developer more than paying absolutely nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Yes, that is why developers are asking you to please pirate their game rather then by a key from G2A because the latter actively costs them money as they are hit with charge backs from stolen creditcards.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    How would paying less for a product hurts a developer more than paying absolutely nothing?
    Because when those products are stolen devs have to do charge backs. Charge backs hurt both there credit with the company and cost them more then what they lost.

When devs are outright asking you to pirate there game over buying it from kites like G2A u know something is fucked.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

How would paying less for a product hurt a developer more than paying absolutely nothing?
    Because when a key is bought with a stolen credit card, and that card is then reported the bank does what is called a charge back where it goes to the developer who sold the key (and who has no way of knowing the card is stolen) and takes the money back + administration fees.

A pirated copy makes the developer 0 bucks
    A credit fraud bought copy costs a developer money in charge back costs.

Plus there is the whole thing with if enough people buy from you with stolen credit cards the bank simply stops working with you.
    Despite no way for the developer to protect themselves from credit card fraud (other then not accept any credit card).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya they totally don't screw customers over. Isn't like you have to pay extra just for protection........

I guess you didn't get screwed over when u bought a stolen tv and was arrested for it.....
    So how is the keys stolen? Lets for a sec say they hacked to get the keys, then how the hell did they get a picture of the CDkey on the box. :P?

Most of the keys you buy from G2a and so, you get a screenshot of the CDKEY on a box.

Kinda hard to hack a Box :P

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought my diablo 3 ros expansion key for dirt cheap on G2A, still have to see it removed from my account after several years..
    Also bought wow game time never had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleecher View Post
    So how is the keys stolen? Lets for a sec say they hacked to get the keys, then how the hell did they get a picture of the CDkey on the box. :P?

Most of the keys you buy from G2a and so, you get a screenshot of the CDKEY on a box.

Kinda hard to hack a Box :P
    No you don't LOL, don't spew bullshit. Also u can steal box copy's as well.

My very first purchase with them turned out to be a scam. Key worked for about 3 days then the game turned into a demo and asked for another key. Good thing I paid via paypal and was able to dispute it. Fuck G2A. Don't buy from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because when a key is bought with a stolen credit card, and that card is then reported the bank does what is called a charge back where it goes to the developer who sold the key (and who has no way of knowing the card is stolen) and takes the money back + administration fees.

A pirated copy makes the developer 0 bucks
    A credit fraud bought copy costs a developer money in charge back costs.

Plus there is the whole thing with if enough people buy from you with stolen credit cards the bank simply stops working with you.
    Despite no way for the developer to protect themselves from credit card fraud (other then not accept any credit card).
    Well that makes sense but I still don't get it how can a seller be using a stolen credit card when it has so many completed offers and so much positive feedback. I mean if you use a stolen credit card or any other way to steal keys, your sold key will eventually get revoked and you'll probably at least get negative feedback.
    And I seriously doubt G2A/Kinguin would help their sellers hide their negative feedback or their negative rep and let them keep selling stolen keys.
    If you're talking about regular users who sell keys, I would agree that buying from them is extremely stupid no matter how low their prices are.

- - - Updated - - -

No you don't LOL, don't spew bullshit. Also u can steal box copy's as well.
    Actually you do, I've bought 7 products from Kinguin so far and every single one of them was a screenshot of the key.

Actually you do, I've bought 7 products from Kinguin so far and every single one of them was a screenshot of the key.
    Don't think you know what Majority means. Once again don't sprew bullshit, the majority of keys sold are not shown in a screenshot.

Many storys about G2A and them selling stolen keys, go google it and read one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    If you use something like G2A I sincerely hope you have your credit information stolen and the key removed/banned. Supporting those sites is absolutely terrible and you should just go through the company and get your games. Why risk it? is it worth saving $15 to have your account banned or the game removed? Then what? you're gonna get mad at Blizzard for removing a stolen key from you even though you didn't steal it yourself?
    A common misconception here is that these sites sell stolen keys ONLY. The truth is, these sites are about regional pricing to undercut the publisher, as I said in another thread. That means a game is cheaper in other countries, and are selling the game in another country for higher profit. Hence how they are able to get away with cheaper prices. Sure sometimes someone is selling a stolen key, but that's rare. I bought Dark Souls 3 from G2play.net months ago and no problems.

Too bad the Legion keys are for Europe cause I would have loved to buy a expansion for $40 again, instead of these inflated $50 prices. Oh well, no expansion for me.

Don't think you know what Majority means. Once again don't sprew bullshit, the majority of keys sold are not shown in a screenshot.

Yeah there are a lot of stolen keys stories but if you buy from a reliable seller (at least based on their feedbacks) the chances you get a stolen key that gets revoked after a few days is pretty low. I mean if people want to buy from a regular user because he's selling a product pretty cheap, they should be aware of the risks.Also when you're buying a game for 10-15$ cheaper, an extra dollar for buyer protection is practically nothing and helps you with any possible problem.
    Just because there are a lot of stories from dumb people buying 10$ AAA games getting scammed, it doesn't mean the majority is getting scammed. It's just there's no reason for those who don't get scammed to write anything about their experience, I bet if all of them did (like every person that gets scammed does) there would be more positive "stories" about g2a and kinguin than scam stories.
    It's not based on my own experience alone, I know a lot of people who use kinguin/g2a and none of them had any of their keys revoked, not even once.

You do get photos of almost all keys, it's another reason why they're so annoying. You're both right though, they're stolen keys as well. That being said, in most of the cases all those games are bought with stolen credit cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I've gotten stuff from G2A in the past. You won't get scammed.