Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    But it says WHO defines it, which is the point of the discussion. Sorry if that was not clear in my previous posts
    Yes, and in this case it would be the developers, not the players.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Wrong. Quality is ALWAYS objective.

Quality is defined and measurable.

Maybe you should look up what quality actually means because you and most other mouth breathers use it wrong.
    Quality is not entirely objective or defined and measurable. There are a multitude of variables that constitute quality for different products and services and some of them are qualitative (pun not even intended) and highly subjective.

But good to see that you're resorting to namecalling to drive your lack of an argument across.

This thread is a joke. It's fun to discuss the game, state of the game and the shifty communication by Hello Games, but this? This toxic ad hominem flame war and people barging in here with no intent to discuss anything related to No Man's Sky but simply call others mouth breathers because they disagree with an obviously faulty statement?

Bah. It's impossible to have an honest discussion like this. I hope the mods take action.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Nope. It's just my opinion on your posts differs from your opinion.
    Well the definition of the word criticism disagrees with you, you keep trying to redefine words. It's weird.

You can under the rules defined in NMS. You are just making a semantics argument of "run into - means literally physically bump into". Refusing the face the reality of the context.
    Running into a player means meeting them in the game, which you can't do in NMS.

Sure. What does that has to do with what they said about it? They didn't say you could see other players.
    They did, otherwise you wouldn't be able to tell people what their character looks like (which they said you could).

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Blizzard: Flying will be available in 6.1 (first major patch) and you will do an epic quest to enable it.

Blizzard: Oh wait, we like how this, let's wait until a later patch.

Blizzard: OK, no more flying. Ever.

Blizzard: Ah, you really want flying. Just wait a few patches while we fix the world. You know, the world that should have been ready for flying in 6.1.
    And you're okay with that apparently?
    Last edited by Post; 2016-08-26 at 09:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

7 minute mark onwards for the main meat of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    And you're okay with that apparently?
    Not really, which is why I cancelled my account when they started doing the same for Legion.

But people are acting like this is the biggest outrage in the history of computer gaming.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-08-26 at 09:40 AM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Not really, which is why I cancelled my account when they started doing the same for Legion.

But you people are acting like this is the biggest outrage in the history of computer gaming.
    No, I'm just criticizing their shitty behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Seems the playerbase on steam has dropped off by 90% since release.
    Neither wod managed to do that
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

No, I'm just criticizing their shitty behavior.
    Fair, edited.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Quality is not entirely objective or defined and measurable. There are a multitude of variables that constitute quality for different products and services and some of them are qualitative (pun not even intended) and highly subjective.

But good to see that you're resorting to namecalling to drive your lack of an argument across.

This thread is a joke. It's fun to discuss the game, state of the game and the shifty communication by Hello Games, but this? This toxic ad hominem flame war and people barging in here with no intent to discuss anything related to No Man's Sky but simply call others mouth breathers because they disagree with an obviously faulty statement?

Bah. It's impossible to have an honest discussion like this. I hope the mods take action.
    Statements that can't be backed up have no weight to them. Mine can be backed up by the ISO.

But hey, you're a SJW who doesn't need to back up how hat he says, right?

Statements that can't be backed up have no weight to them. Mine can be backed up by the ISO.
    In the case of this game, it can't.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    My god. Your responses are becoming comedy gold at this point.
    Indeed. And the worst thing is I don't think it's intentional.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    That may hold up in court, but once again: It's intentionally vague
    I'll trust the court, and you have to prove the "intentional" part too.

The masses decide
    That's subjective, obviously, how can't you understand that? Whenever you are talking about majority rule and not universal rule - that's subjective. Like the definition of subjectivity.

Well the definition of the word criticism disagrees with you, you keep trying to redefine words. It's weird.
    I redefine nothing you are just using vague definitions that suit your agenda. Here's the definition I use:
    criticism - the analysis and judgement of the merits and faults of a literary or artistic work.

Running into a player means meeting them in the game.
    Says who?

They did, otherwise you wouldn't be able to tell people what their character looks like (which they said you could).
    They did not. Give me the quote of them saying "you can see other players in the game"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

From what I have seen from the main dev guy, he was trying to be vague. It was not hard to just openly state that players would not be able to see each other. You could argue sementics but that's just silly. The issue was not something complex. It was just yes or no. The guy was obviously trying shift the focus of the game's fans elsewhere.

I redefine nothing you are just using vague definitions that suit your agenda. Here's the definition I use:
    criticism - the analysis and judgement of the merits and faults of a literary or artistic work.
    Sure, that's what's going on here, you can't dispute that.

Says who?
    The English language.

They did not. Give me the quote of them saying "you can see other players in the game"
    If the only way for you to tell others what they look like is by people seeing them, you have to actually be able to see them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. The question was: "Can you see yourself?" The answer was "No".

You are very casual with the use of the word lie.

And then they are walking around if they can't see you. Also I'm pretty sure there are high security planets where they are walking around. Have you visited all the planets yet? There are walkers in the game after all. How hard it could be to make them walk around? What reason do you have to believe that it's not happening?

Wait what? 90% of planets have LUSH life? They are extremely rare.

Found yet.

There are massive space battles. I've seen them and participated in them

What the hell does that even mean?

Not a single lie.
    https://youtu.be/ZqeN6hj4dZU?t=5m40s

no... yes he did say so...
    an people have done a thing called datamine the game, taking apart the code, and gone in and whent "oh walker can LITTERALLY ONLY SPAWN IF YOU HAVE WANTED LEVEL"

yes, orginally there was suppose to be mostly planets with NO life on them, but now most planets have life, no matter where you go

and yes people have gone to the planet named in the trailer, and no worms there

really? please show us cause the only "big ones" are against small pirate ships...

he said if you wanted you could join a faction of race, and work for them doing specific jobs, like becoming a trader, and never having to go to a planet, simply going from space station to space station to make money

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard: Flying will be available in 6.1 (first major patch) and you will do an epic quest to enable it.

Blizzard: Oh wait, we like how this, let's wait until a later patch.

Blizzard: OK, no more flying. Ever.

Blizzard: Ah, you really want flying. Just wait a few patches while we fix the world. You know, the world that should have been ready for flying in 6.1.
    ... blizzard said no flying AT ALL EVER when wod was announced... but after launch they gave in and said "ok we will add it in a later patch, maybe 6.1" then later "will have to be 6.2 cause there is alot of world issues to fix"

they never started with saying yes it will be in, from day 1 of wod anouncment they were saying no flying ever, but later gave in to give us flying, dont try to change facts

its funny how people can be so jaded to change facts in their mind...

fact, wod was announced, and they said there would be no flying in wod, they wanted to return to endgame content, but later, just after launch they gave in and said ok, it will come later....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akvLVnJJs6Y

please, we should all be using hard facts, not be throwing around " i remember him saying this or that"

stuff is recorded on the internet, and when it comes to no mans sky, tons of stuff was recorded, that never came to the game...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-26 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Well, after seeing the reviews and comments I decided not to buy the game and I think I dodged a bullet right there.

But I am pretty happy about this after all, so a few weeks after Legion launch when people start complaining about cut content and false promises we can link them to this thread and explain them how it wasn't a promise and it was taken out of context.

We are only missing the "It's an indie team guys ! Give them a break" excuse, hope it will be enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Well, after seeing the reviews and comments I decided not to buy the game and I think I dodged a bullet right there.

But I am pretty happy about this after all, so a few weeks after Legion launch when people start complaining about cut content and false promises we can link them to this thread and explain them how it wasn't a promise and it was taken out of context.

We are only missing the "It's an indie team guys ! Give them a break" excuse, hope it will be enough.
    ??? except we allready know in legion there is no cut content and false promises >_>

the only thing "cut" was thaldranath, and that wasent even content, it was a concept that they decided to replace
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ??? except we allready know in legion there is no cut content and false promises >_>

the only thing "cut" was thaldranath, and that wasent even content, it was a concept that they decided to replace
    Well I won't be part of them, but there will be people that will find a something, I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    From what I have seen from the main dev guy, he was trying to be vague. It was not hard to just openly state that players would not be able to see each other. You could argue sementics but that's just silly. The issue was not something complex. It was just yes or no. The guy was obviously trying shift the focus of the game's fans elsewhere.
    Here is the part that I think gets missed. This was not a small feature ( in terms of development time). He had to have known a long time ago that it wasn´t going to be in.

I think that is the biggest thing that makes it different than Blizzard. Blizzard occassionaly cuts some big things from expansions, but they do it openly and announce it as soon as they make the decision to cut it. NMS was playing cut and being vague about a feature long after they probably knew it wasn´t going to make it into the game.

... blizzard said no flying AT ALL EVER when wod was announced... but after launch they gave in and said "ok we will add it in a later patch, maybe 6.1" then later "will have to be 6.2 cause there is alot of world issues to fix"

they never started with saying yes it will be in, from day 1 of wod anouncment they were saying no flying ever, but later gave in to give us flying, dont try to change facts
    https://www.engadget.com/2013/11/11/...til-patch-6-1/

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/22/864...mo-pc-blizzard

The dates should tell you which was pre release and which was post...

- - - Updated - - -

... blizzard said no flying AT ALL EVER when wod was announced...
    from day 1 of wod anouncment they were saying no flying ever
    And about that...
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=223780/n...enor-until-6-1

its funny how people can be so jaded to change facts in their mind...
    It sure is....

stuff is recorded on the internet
    And thank god for that.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-08-26 at 05:36 PM.
    Friedrich Nietzsche