Thread: G2A/Kinguin

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I am amazing
    No you really aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Or crazy idea here. I'll buy it from G2A or Kinguin for cheaper? Seems cool to me.
    Why not just pirate the game its cheaper and you do less damage. Are you so entitled you feel u should have it day 1 and not pay for it, unless its via blackmarket sites.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Why not just pirate the game its cheaper and you do less damage. Are you so entitled you feel u should have it day 1 and not pay for it, unless its via blackmarket sites.
    Yeah Jt mate I am. Don't worry I'll let you know whenever I purchase something from these sites now so I can get some quality entertainment out of you. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Risk vs. Reward.

At the end of the day, there's a reason why the prices are the way they are -- and companies don't advertise sites like 'em.

I've bought from G2A before and had no problems. But I do know people who've had tons of problems with them, that's the risk. (keys already used, revoked weeks/months later) Someone I was talking to said, "If you have to buy a "shield"/protection" service that should be a red flag. If their service is people selling THEIR products similar to something like Ebay then it would make sense. This, however, is not the case.

You're also not really directly supporting the official company this way.
    Dont be stupid. You apparently do not even have a slight understanding how insurance works. They offer "shield" because they know that 99.99% of the time the buyer will NOT need it. Its pure profit for them to offer this.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Even those completely legit sources obviously don't pay the price on the steam store. Also just to move a bit away from those ridiculous exaggerations - the just released mankind divided costs 49.99 on the steam store and 37,99 on the frontpage of g2a. If I pick the correct tax that's a whopping 5 buck discount.
    There is incredibly little concrete coverage of cases despite the increasing amounts of claims of fraud on a massive scale taking place. I am not claiming what's going on there is perfectly clean but I am quite certain people exaggerate the situation even if it is just for the metric shitton of unbundled humble keys and what not that are being sold there.

I don't particularly care. I don't buy there but I understand why people do and I am quite convinced that even half isn't correct.
    Many of the bundles like Humble Bundle have done so you need to link your steam account to not do this trick of selling the keys. Many others are doing something similar. Also, you don't have to care, just know that is is a scummy thing to do, and own up to you being an asshole for doing it. Don't make excuses and blame the big bad publishers (who do deserve most of the shit they get). If you wanna protest, don't buy their game. Boycott that shit.

Or crazy idea here. I'll buy it from G2A or Kinguin for cheaper? Seems cool to me.
    See above.

No you really aren't.
    Misspelled but still true. You may disagree, but lets just agree to disagree then.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2016-08-26 at 01:46 PM.

Cant play multiplayer on pirated copies

Why do you hold all the game companies to such high regard? I doubt there's a single game developer that has gone out of business because of sites like these.
    Anyways, I probably wouldn't buy games from sites such as these, but when they sell Windows for 25 bucks that normally costs 130 euros I'll surely use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Cant play multiplayer on pirated copies
    True.

/10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    So basically, you buy a new TV. Someone breaks into your home, steals it. Sells it to me for half price.
    Good for me. Why should I care that you got hard-earned TV stolen?
    Excellent morals kiddo.
    For video games, if a CDKEY (TV in your example) is owned by someone, you can't steal it because it's already redeemed.
    And It's not your hard-earned TV getting stolen, it's a game developed by a billion dollar company being bought from a cheaper region (which is sold by the publisher itself for a lower price than another region) and sold to you in a more expensive region for the same price.
    Seriously how do you compare these two cases?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Why do you hold all the game companies to such high regard? I doubt there's a single game developer that has gone out of business because of sites like these.
    Anyways, I probably wouldn't buy games from sites such as these, but when they sell Windows for 25 bucks that normally costs 130 euros I'll surely use it.
    I don't hold all the game companies to such a high regard. But its shit like this that is going to lead to less quality games. Why should devs give any fuck's when your just going to buy it from G2A. Big company's like blizzard can eat the losses because of the many who don't buy from G2A. But smaller company's (mainly indies) can't eat those losses.

I rather see more games then less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    For video games, if a CDKEY (TV in your example) is owned by someone, you can't steal it because it's already redeemed.
    And It's not your hard-earned TV getting stolen, it's a game developed by a billion dollar company being bought from a cheaper region (which is sold by the publisher itself for a lower price than another region) and sold to you in a more expensive region for the same price.
    Seriously how do you compare these two cases?
    When its bought with a stolen CC its stolen....even if you resell it its still stolen.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    G2A and sites a like is the first time EVER devs have openly stated "Pirate our game don't buy on G2A" now ask yourself why.
    Few reasons for this.

#1 Because the $£€60 or whatever price tag they have for the game is something they hope is ingrained in your mind. It takes a lot of social engineering to get people to buy games for $£€60. Now with sites like G2A and Kinguin, you don't have to pay full price.

#2 A pirate is still a potential customer. It's well known for some time that people like to pirate to try before they buy, but when they buy they pay the full $£€60. It's like buying a used game, where the devs don't actually make any money off the purchase. Also Denuvo is making it nearly impossible to pirate anyway, and devs know this.

#3 They also don't want people find out that this is totally legal. All G2A/Kinguin are doing are selling keys from different countries. This is the reason why consoles are region locked, because they don't want you buying cheaper games from other countries to play them. PCs are not, and customers do have the legal right to purchase games from other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Also, you don't have to care, just know that is is a scummy thing to do, and own up to you being an asshole for doing it.
    Can't say I think I'm an asshole for not caring. Just not enough of a cuck to do so I suppose. I wouldn't even for buying though to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Few reasons for this.

#1 Because the $£€60 or whatever price tag they have for the game is something they hope is ingrained in your mind. It takes a lot of social engineering to get people to buy games for $£€60. Now with sites like G2A and Kinguin, you don't have to pay full price.

#2 A pirate is still a potential customer. It's well known for some time that people like to pirate to try before they buy, but when they buy they pay the full $£€60. It's like buying a used game, where the devs don't actually make any money off the purchase. Also Denuvo is making it nearly impossible to pirate anyway, and devs know this.

#3 They also don't want people find out that this is totally legal. All G2A/Kinguin are doing are selling keys from different countries. This is the reason why consoles are region locked, because they don't want you buying cheaper games from other countries to play them. PCs are not, and customers do have the legal right to purchase games from other countries.
    You could also just wait for the games to get on sale. And I don't know about you, but I can buy most stuff for less than 60£ by buying a physical copy in a local store, or order a physical copy online. Also, it is a current grey-zone of the law. Think of it like the CS-GO lotto thing, not exactly illegal by law, but only because the law is just too damn slow to adapt to the digital era. This is one of the reasons why a site like E-bay does not deal in digital goods.

Can't say I think I'm an asshole for not caring. Just not enough of a cuck to do so I suppose. I wouldn't even for buying though to be honest.
    Buying is. Not caring is just indifference. Think of it if you "care about kids starving in Africa". Most people don't actually give a fuck, but at least pretend they do when asked of the moral dilemma if they SHOULD support them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    #3 They also don't want people find out that this is totally legal. All G2A/Kinguin are doing are selling keys from different countries.
    The only reason these company's haven't been shutdown is due to the fact they are in China.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta jump on the bandwagon internet terms I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG devs are selling cosmetic items in there games... Better steal the games from them....
    Finally, you're getting it. Soon you'll learn the art of DDoS game servers cause you got banned from them. But to finally be a master, you must learn to troll properly. Go on forums and post about how much a game sucks, and don't forget to play a game like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Services like G2A that save us, the users, lots of money, are an inevitable side effect of the scummy publishers of our games doing scummy shit to extract as much money from us as humanly possible. The theft and chargeback scaretactic horseshit that other people are talking about is such a pitifully low number of cases, and it's the users not G2A that do that, and G2A corrects it if it happens to you.

Good thing you don't ever enter your payment information on those sites. Payment is handled through PayPal and other similar services. Also NO it's not "very common."
    Thats cute.

But hey, as long as it's not illegal, do as you want.
    If you're ok with the risk of buying stolen goods than thats your choice.

I practically buy all my games there and never had any problem with it.

I would have bought Legion there, too, but it wasn't really cheaper or had strings attached (you get the key when the expansion starts, which means you could not play DH for example before, or the deal would not have included the 100 boost).

When its bought with a stolen CC its stolen....even if you resell it its still stolen.
    Still you're assuming that majority of games sold on these websites are bought with stolen credit cards.
    Let go of this this mindset and then you might be able to understand how some products can be sold for a lower price than their retail price of your region without being bought by a stolen credit card.

Still you're assuming that majority of games sold on these websites are bought with stolen credit cards.
    Let go of this this mindset and then you might be able to understand how some products can be sold for a lower price than their retail price of your region without being bought by a stolen credit card.
    Don't bother dude. He will just go on another moral crusade about how all of G2A is as bad as the devil himself.

Never said the majority was, so once again don't put words in my mouth. But G2A allows the sells of stolen goods and does nothing about it. They profit from stolen goods and because of where they are located they give no fucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't bother dude. He will just go on another moral crusade about how all of G2A is as bad as the devil himself.
    I do love how the only deference you have for your argument is to try and insult me and repeatedly say I am on a moral crusade.

It isn't a moral crusade, I just rather not see the hobby I enjoy get ruined by idiots like you.